Mildbrid Comp.?

I SO am... Got to get cracking on the Genome Project 2 anyway :D

im sure i'd stop by for a few races :) if theres anything i learned from the last comp...my mildbrid skills arnt as good as i thought they were. haha

Once we get enough people, Famine, can u set it up with the rules and all just like the last one...

Maybe this time it can be a race car mildbrid... Like Spoon and other cars like that- 2 cars one FWD and one RWD...

*whoosh* Sound of what your talking about going right over my head. However, you gibberish words somehow seem to sound like a good idea. Perhaps Ill wait for these rules to show up before I ask questions though...

Sounds good to me, I'm in. exhaust_note, if you could post it here when there is going to be a comp, or just PM me. I have some new mildbrids I've been waiting to try out.:D

Serpently can. We should get hold of miata 13B and Mr. Chaos to assist in rule-making.

Monouk - Mildbrids are a sub-set of hybrids. They are hybrid cars which could possibly exist in the real world. The Mildbrid series was originally set up to test the creation of these things.

I went and looked at the rules in the old thread and it seems cool. I played around a bit, and I came up with a half decent car (on paper, haven tested it yet). However I sort of broke the power to weight ratio rule...last time I think it said 2 or more was the limit...I sorta, um...bet Id be about .9 or .8.......

And I have another question. I dun care if anyone else copies my ideas since I have post proof that I did it first (so HA!) but can we use parts from parent companies? IE - Acura parts in a honda, or BMW parts in a Mini. Or vice versa, honda in an acura, mini in a beemer.

And I know BMW didint create mini, but they own it and the new mini even has a beemer engine...so could I drop the 328ci engine into the mini cooper? Im not too sure how that would end up, but it would be pretty cool...you could make a half decent mini...I think Ill do that right now. Please please please tell me I can...

That would be a little on the shaky side - the original Mini had nothing to do with BMW. Ever. Plus the idea of dropping a 2.8 litre engine into a hole designed for a 1.3 is stretching it a bit.

But, dig around enough and you can find spurious reasons for most things :D

Well it makes sense to me. Whats wrong with just modernizing a classic car? The mini now a days does it :rolleyes: Plus with its tiny wheelbase how well can it perform even with a whole lot of displacment? Plus that body is so dang ugly.......

Yes, but the new Mini is very nearly wider than the original was long. Plus the new Mini only stretches to a supercharged 1.6 as it's largest engine - trying to shoehorn in the 2.8 would still be daft.

Ok ok...Ill stick in a kompressor engine...

...atleast its supercharged...heh...heh...

...yes Im aware of the displacement issue...thats why its funny...

i know this is a little old....... but let me know if this happens again :D looked at the old rules for the original comp my only amendment would be tyres (every entrant can use which ever road car tyres he/she likes).

I've got a nice supra waiting and ready to go......

Hey guys, I am down for another comp, I actually found an interesting one that I want you guys to check out. . . give me a few minutes to find the link :D

Been looking for this for a bit, and I finally found it. I think this would be a tight setup for a race http://gtplanet.net/forum/t-31038.html

I actually think a budget cap with certain mods and engine swaps would bring forth a more equal race. A few revisions I would add to this is such, Rotary engines. Race car engines, race suspensions and such. Still a lot to revise, but I think it would work. :D maybe an 80,000 to 100,000 range.

well first this a s hybriding forum, there for the cars will have redicioulous speeds, here is the comp, 400m, fastest car wins. Im entering my gt400m

Originally posted by GT-40/787b
well first this a s hybriding forum,
Not really, any form of car that has parts of another on it is considered a hybrid. A mildbrid is a car that uses other car parts, but can be pieced together in real life, ie such as my old 93 Miata with a rotary engine in it. As for ridiculous speeds, look for other hybrid competitions.

a mildbrid is a hybrid with low hp, where as my gt400m is a superbrid...
superbirds are fine. . . but not all mildbrids have "low hp" define "low hp" and then I could agree or disagree. A mildbrid could be a Corvette Z06 with a Corvette C5r engine in it. It is possible, but illegal on the streets. That car doesn't have low hp.

...well gee, probably because the c5r is a race engine? before I get in trouble, mildbrids have better handleing and generaly lower hp, as opposed to my gt400m that has 99000 hp, and ofcourse this is a game so dont tell me it is impossible...

...well gee, probably because the c5r is a race engine? before I get in trouble, mildbrids have better handleing and generaly lower hp, as opposed to my gt400m that has 99000 hp, and ofcourse this is a game so dont tell me it is impossible...
In the game no, but I think we are having a miscommunication over this thread. . . We are trying to put together another realistic race series dealing with realistic cars that can be made :D

man if i knew you personaly i would shake your hand, because unlike other people, you have brought to my attention where i messed up
oh, no no no, It is not an error of you messing up or anything. . . It is just a simple miscommunication. I know there are definately series and spot races that love to use the superbrids. We are just trying to get a mildbrid deal going that is it. :D

ps, don't blame yourself 100% it is more of a 50/50 thing, it takes two to miscommunicate, unless your a gemini like me and constantly are in arguments with yourself :lol:

Originally posted by exhaust_note
i think we should just have a hybrid/quarter mile competition...
Wouldn't be a bad idea, I am sure we can throw something like that into a structured event :D. . .

I have a few thoughts on a car proving ground challenge with mildbrids. . .

Here are my thoughts.

1. A best time through a sector on the Complex String
2. of course the 400m (as noted right before)
3. A true test of a car's ability the 1000m challenge
4. A 2-100 lap Lemans type race
5. Maybe Manufactures from different countries use their best on other country's soil proving grounds thing.

I am thinking of possibly using a Drivetrain rule that you only race cars from certain drivetrains. . . FF vs. FF, RWD vs. RWD, AWD vs. AWD, MR vs. MR

The total cost of the car + modifications may not exceed $80,000 – 100,000
(car list will improve in time, First cars that I did research on including any destination costs added onto the car using the Florida Tax in the equation plus/minus to the nearest $100
Acura RSX Type-S $25,100 (210hp)
Honda Integra Type-R $28,500 (200hp)
Honda Accord Euro-R $25,190 (200hp)
Subaru WRX $25,000 (227-234hp)
Subaru WRX STi $31,500 (280hp)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII GSR $29,400 (280hp)
Honda S2000 $33,200(240hp)
Honda Civic EK $19,600
Honda Civic EG $19,000
Toyota Celica GTS $

Mildbrid Equipment

This I feel is the best part. I figure we can all be discount shoppers and see some real market products. This is going to send you to a discount spree. Find the part and we will put it into a category and price it. Best Price hunters might like this one. . . If not, I can come up with some structure for pricing out aftermarket parts to add to cars.

Acceptable modifications –

Brake pads
Brake balancer
Sport and Semi-racing suspension
Sport and Semi-racing exhaust
Engine NA1 and NA2
Port Polishing
Computer chip
Clutch stage 1 and 2
No race Flywheel but the other 2
Carbon Drive Shaft
1 way / 1.5 way / 2 way LSD no customizable one
Sport and Semi-racing Tranny
Semi race intercooler for turbo cars
Turbo stages 1 and 2 (vehicle pending)
A set of T4’s for free, but you can upgrade
Lightweight 1 and 2
VSD and Yaw for those cars acceptable

Engine swaps

The best part of a mildbrid lets you change engines on cars. Whether you want that perfect Ricer in a Civic with an H22 or a B18c5, here is you opportunity. Maybe you might feel like sporting a sissy car and dropping the Rotary into a Miata. Possibly you have the balls to put a Supra engine in a IS300 or Altezza. This is the beauty of this comp. Again, those best bargain shoppers reap the benefits for the swaps.

Are you talking about making this a monthly challenge??

The proving ground Idea is good :) but running on or two sectors of the string is a pain (not my fav track) better to run it all or use a different track.

Multilap races would be good but try to keep it to a max of 20 laps.

I'm a little :confused: about the price structuring. Say you where to use a toyota.....the normal brakes from the GT1 road car cost nothing (and are better than most sports brakes)......could I use them??

Being a newbie to the whole hybrid thing I'd like something a little simpler to start but I am willing to give it a bash what ever.

How about a sample car to show us what you want from us along with the rules it has been built to??

Put my brain into gear (maybe) and started to think…..

Your talking about re-pricing in game parts for a Mildbrid series right??

So……..Brakes, there are 7 different levels of normal brakes available in the game

26/19
34/23
44/28
45/38 Evo6 WRC only
57/34
74/41
96/50

And 3 levels of sports brakes

44/28
57/34
74/41

So I guess that this could be a pricing set up

26/19 foc
34/23 foc

44/28 foc if car originally fitted with them + £500 if available as aftermarket mod +£1000 if not available for that car

45/38 aftermarket for every one +£1250

57/34 foc if car originally fitted with them +£1000 if available as aftermarket mod in +£1500 if not available for that car

74/41 foc if car originally fitted with them + £2000 if available as aftermarket mod +£3000 if not available for that car

96/50 racecar brakes ~ +£15000

foc = free of charge

Ok I know the values arn’t brilliant, but is this kind of what your aiming for??

Back