Mildbrid Comp.?

Graveltrap, I will be laying down the pricing structure due to the overwhelming wealth of parts available through MKprog. I thought about the pricing structure a little and decided that it will cause too much confusion. . .

I am trying to use a "street legal" mildbrid in this series.

I was just trying to get an idea as to what you where trying to do.....looking forward to the rules & regs appearing :)

BTW YAW control is an adjustable replacement part for an LSD and as such should be banned

sorry I haven't been able to update this yet, but After some personal issues are taken care of and I get my PS2 out of storage I will be back with the foundation of the race :D

Say miata would it be ok to run a spot race using the old rules (2.0pw) whilst we are waiting for the new ones....I don't mind doing the leg work.

Originally posted by graveltrap
Say miata would it be ok to run a spot race using the old rules (2.0pw) whilst we are waiting for the new ones....I don't mind doing the leg work.
Go ahead, I am going to be down and out of using my PS2 for a few weeks because of my current situation.

I just built an Acura Integra Type-R with Acura NSX '97 engine in. 527bhp and does a 1'17 on Midfield, quite quick. It goes to the rules i think but im not sure money wise. I only used the mods it said so i think it should qualify.

Go ahead, I am going to be down and out of using my PS2 for a few weeks because of my current situation.

I'll post a quick mildbrid spot race based around the original set of rules later today :)

Originally posted by GT-40/787b
come on, this needs to get on the road, so i can try beating some one again
I am trying to, but in my current situation doesn't give me anytime in front of the PS2 or computer to edit this. sorry about the delay here, I have some personal issues that have arisen preventing me from putting this together faster. Please bare with me a bit about 2 to 3 weeks, and then I'll have everything ready :D thanks guys

Good going Gravel, it is good to see another comp starting :D

Ok, lets get down to the nitty griddy here over the next comp.

I got a few questions that anyone can PM or post here about and discuss.
1. going with a preset amount of cars of the same genre ie. Honda civics / Integras / FTOs / Miatas / insert competative ccar / etc.
another example Camaro / Corvette / Mustang / Cobra
or Skyline / Evolution / Rx 7 / NSX / etc.
you guys get my drift where I am heading with this.
2. need to come up with a price range in which we can modify our cars from a preset price list I am compiling.
roughly speaking this is going to give us the oppurtunity to use racing parts if it is nominated. Personally I would rather be using sprot and semi-racing parts for the fact it goes with the Whole "mildbrid" idea and plus it would make these races a little more interesting to see who can build the best street car with an alotted amount of cash :D
3. this is my nomination of "Acceptable Modifications" –

Brake pads
Brake balancer
Sport and Semi-racing suspension
Sport and Semi-racing exhaust
Engine NA1 and NA2
Port Polishing
Computer chip
Clutch stage 1 and 2
No race Flywheel but the other 2
Carbon Drive Shaft
1 way / 1.5 way / 2 way LSD no customizable one
Sport and Semi-racing Tranny
Semi race intercooler for turbo cars
Turbo stages 1 and 2 (vehicle pending)
A set of T4’s for free, but you can upgrade
Lightweight 1 and 2

Please this is just the first of many ideas over the next 2 weeks I want to throw to everyone, please give a reply telling your opinion :D

My thoughts

Parts should be restricted to a percentage increase/decrease rather than a stage 1 or 2 level (some stage 2 parts are better than stage 3)

FF drivtrain cars should be run on there own other wise they will get slaughtered :lol: but a different groups of cars for each event is a good idea ;)

The pricing of parts is a nightmare...it could take months to price all the different bits......maybe it would be better to have a maximum power minimum weight rule (and save you a bit of time)

BTW some guys in the UK spend 50k on a Citroen saxo crazy bastards

Suspension...allow the use of racing suspension but put a minimum ride height on it say 80mm

Tyres..if we are aming for street cars then we should use sports tyres rather than slicks (maybe a bit to mild)

Ok now to the racing aspect of this Venue
1. What do you guys want? do we want a manufacture and driver class point system for the races?
2. Do we want quick hot laps? 3 - 8 lap races against AI? or a longer race 10 + laps? Do we want an Eduro possibly?
3. Are we wanting to make this a short series? spot race? long series? (I have no problem moderating a longer series as long as I get the participants.)
The first mildbrid series or 2 races was made in order to see how things would go, now I think I have a solution to domination and tracks to use.

Here is what I prefer, let me get input here.
I want a driver and manufacture point system as such seen in most racing. I would like a 5 to 10 race series but would be willing to take this further if people are willing to race. I like the longer races more of an enduro and touring feel to them with requirements such as pitting and tire choice and wear.

My thoughts

Parts should be restricted to a percentage increase/decrease rather than a stage 1 or 2 level (some stage 2 parts are better than stage 3)

FF drivtrain cars should be run on there own other wise they will get slaughtered :lol: but a different groups of cars for each event is a good idea ;)

The pricing of parts is a nightmare...it could take months to price all the different bits......maybe it would be better to have a maximum power minimum weight rule (and save you a bit of time)

BTW some guys in the UK spend 50k on a Citroen saxo crazy bastards

Suspension...allow the use of racing suspension but put a minimum ride height on it say 80mm

Tyres..if we are aming for street cars then we should use sports tyres rather than slicks (maybe a bit to mild)
About the Stage limiting, I dod agree with that. I feel it might give a better race. Maybe a Power Weight restriction is a good idea. . . But then my whole point in making this series might be compromised. I was aiming for useing a set amount of money for the different parts to make it feel more of a "your own" custom street racer. The pricing parts is going to be a nightmare, but I think I might have a way of reducing the nightmare into a dream. Just bear with me. . . I think I have a solution for it. As for the Suspension. . . I know I could get 12 way adjustable Dampers for my Camaro, but for street racing uses I'd rather have something that is already setup to roll.

Wow 50k on a Citroen. . . well better then spending it on a Pinto :D

this can go so many ways:) ...
1.We can do production cars only...
2.We can do Rally Cars ONLY (actual cars ex. Impreza Prototype)
3.We can do just a 1/4 mile challenge.
a.1/4 Mile FF
b.1/4 Mile AWD
c.1/4 Mile (FR-RR)
we can make this a multiple event(event)!:cool:

how about a short series of spot races :D

Been looking into downforce normal verses modified here's what I found

Honda S2000 F0.24 R0.35
Mugen S2000 F0.29 R0.47

Civic type-R F0.15 R0.21
Spoon Civic F0.19 R0.26

Evo6 F0.19 R0.29
Mines evo F0.26 R0.47

R32 V-spec F0.24 R0.35
Nismo S-tune F0.39 R0.47

Skyline R34 F0.29 R0.47
Mines R34 F0.47 R0.60

R33 Vspec F0.29 R0.47
Nismo 400R F0.38 R0.60

Soooooooo after all that the average increase in down force for a modified road car in game is +0.07 at the front and +0.13 at the rear :eek: :lol:

I suggest that we are allowed to increase down force on our motors by a similar amount.....(boy am I bored @ work today)

Originally posted by exhaust_note
this can go so many ways:) ...
1.We can do production cars only...
2.We can do Rally Cars ONLY (actual cars ex. Impreza Prototype)
3.We can do just a 1/4 mile challenge.
a.1/4 Mile FF
b.1/4 Mile AWD
c.1/4 Mile (FR-RR)
we can make this a multiple event(event)!:cool:
Kinda like the SCC supercar challenge possibly - hmm :D I will work that into the series :D

Originally posted by GT-40/787b
still, who is going to be judging?
For the moment I feel since I won't have my PS2 for a little bit I nominate Gravel on Judging the event of spot races or little mini- series he produces until I am 100% running here :D

how about a short series of spot races :D

Been looking into downforce normal verses modified here's what I found

Honda S2000 F0.24 R0.35
Mugen S2000 F0.29 R0.47

Civic type-R F0.15 R0.21
Spoon Civic F0.19 R0.26

Evo6 F0.19 R0.29
Mines evo F0.26 R0.47

R32 V-spec F0.24 R0.35
Nismo S-tune F0.39 R0.47

Skyline R34 F0.29 R0.47
Mines R34 F0.47 R0.60

R33 Vspec F0.29 R0.47
Nismo 400R F0.38 R0.60

Soooooooo after all that the average increase in down force for a modified road car in game is +0.07 at the front and +0.13 at the rear :eek: :lol:

I suggest that we are allowed to increase down force on our motors by a similar amount.....(boy am I bored @ work today)
I thnik this will be a perfect series to run over the next few weeks for you guys to get accustommed to the series I am about to start here.

Here is the lay out I am thinking we are going to do

Week 1 - Car tests - 400m / 1000m / top speed of the mildbrids. Also including a short Track for some autocrossing (consisting of a hot lap where you start from a dead stop at the start/finish line)

Week 2 - a short burnout comp - see who can give the best burnout :D. a sprint through 2 time sectors of a designated course of our picking, I will setup a poll. Another 400m sprint, but this time only 2nd or 3rd gear starts :D

Week 3 - First full race to compete on - hot lap

Week 4 - First Rally course we will put the mildbrid on that we built at the beginning

Week 5 - a short endurance test of the mildbrid (hopefully no blown trannies or engines)

Week 6 - Rebuilding and testing of the mildbrid cars - you basically can choose a new car and start from stratch. :D - depending on the first 5 weeks and contestants, we will continue :D

I also had a though idea for racing for money - nothing that will be too overwhelming but a little incentive to win the races

Let me get some more input here :D

Originally posted by miata13B
Kinda like the SCC supercar challenge possibly - hmm :D I will work that into the series :D

Here is the lay out I am thinking we are going to do

Week 1 - Car tests - 400m / 1000m / top speed of the mildbrids. Also including a short Track for some autocrossing (consisting of a hot lap where you start from a dead stop at the start/finish line)

Week 2 - a short burnout comp - see who can give the best burnout :D. a sprint through 2 time sectors of a designated course of our picking, I will setup a poll. Another 400m sprint, but this time only 2nd or 3rd gear starts :D

Week 3 - First full race to compete on - hot lap

Week 4 - First Rally course we will put the mildbrid on that we built at the beginning

Week 5 - a short endurance test of the mildbrid (hopefully no blown trannies or engines)

Week 6 - Rebuilding and testing of the mildbrid cars - you basically can choose a new car and start from stratch. :D - depending on the first 5 weeks and contestants, we will continue :D

I also had a though idea for racing for money - nothing that will be too overwhelming but a little incentive to win the races

Let me get some more input here :D
thats perfect... but we have to wait till i get the laptop fixed...

Miata...think you quoted the wrong post from me ;) it also appears that no ones going to have a go at the stop gap race :( I guess I'm not well enough known round here.

anyway....not really a 400m/1000m man myself but the sprints are right up my street....I'd suggest Midfield reverse for the up to sector 2 race...has a nice combo of corners...

Thinking about it I haven't actually made a rally hybrid as of yet....so that will be interesting :)

Short endurance test :eek: not to many laps I hope.....10 lapper would be fun.

As Miata is spending a fair amount of time putting this together I think that those interested in actually competing (and not just talking) should confirm there interest in the series....just to make sure that Miatas time isn't being wasted ;)

Thanks for the support Exhaust and Gravel. A show of hands would be nice, but if we don't get too many participants we might need to spread to other forums. If you guys know anyone in other forums point them here :D Again if there is not a big outcome I might just leave this as an open ended challenge and see who joins :D I start sending out mass PMs when the course starts :D

Thanks for the support guys and don't worry exhaust your laptop will be fixed in time.

it also appears that no ones going to have a go at the stop gap race :( I guess I'm not well enough known round here.

Sorry... Crappy weekend... I haven't done ANY 'bridding in a month now either.

I promise I'll get RIGHT on it...

How are the rules progressing Miata?

I'm starting to mess about with a few FF realbrids, for practice (hope's first race will be FF) having fun with a Spoon style SiR & ITR :D

Back