Mileage Exchange Hits a Purple Patch With This Week's Paint Update

He put them in last weeks thread because this one was not ready. 👍

Screenshots
Yeah I saw it but didn't realize that was the refresh for today. Thanks though!

EDIT:
At first glance, I'm not really impressed with this week's selections. I'll still buy them all anyway since I only bought the game a month ago.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180717110034.png
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180717110048.png

Arg!

Why do they keep repeating manufacture paints? There’s still so many we don’t have! At least expand it to like three or four per week if they want to recycle 1-2 manufacture colors. If they did two unique/new manufacture paints every week for a year we’d only have 104 colors, that’s like only 2/3rds of the car count we had at launch! And we’ve had frequent repeats, I doubt we’ll see more than about 40-50 usable unique colors in the livery editor by October 2019 at his rate.

I’ve seen Alpine colors requested all over the place, and I know I’d personally like to have some of the additional Lamborghini and McLaren paints, as well as some of the options available on the Ferrari 512BB... I get that newly/late arriving players appreciate the recycling, but I really don’t like the drip-feeding approach in the mileage exchange, or at least on the paint side of things.

On that note, I’d actually be quite interested to see the full count of unique manufacture paints available in the game. I know some brands share colors across a few m models, but some cars have something like 20+ paint options. I’d take a guess at around 5-700.

Arg!

Why do they keep repeating manufacture paints? There’s still so many we don’t have! At least expand it to like three or four per week if they want to recycle 1-2 manufacture colors. If they did two unique/new manufacture paints every week for a year we’d only have 104 colors, that’s like only 2/3rds of the car count we had at launch! And we’ve had frequent repeats, I doubt we’ll see more than about 40-50 usable unique colors in the livery editor by October 2019 at his rate.

I’ve seen Alpine colors requested all over the place, and I know I’d personally like to have some of the additional Lamborghini and McLaren paints, as well as some of the options available on the Ferrari 512BB... I get that newly/late arriving players appreciate the recycling, but I really don’t like the drip-feeding approach in the mileage exchange, or at least on the paint side of things.

On that note, I’d actually be quite interested to see the full count of unique manufacture paints available in the game. I know some brands share colors across a few m models, but some cars have something like 20+ paint options. I’d take a guess at around 5-700.

I agree with all of this and it's absolutely crazy that almost 1 year into the game and we still don't own all the paints. As a collector that seriously rubs me the wrong way.

ALL the paints should cycle every 3 months or something like that.

There is a high chance that we will never get an update for the Mileage Exchange due to lack of interest. If you look at this thread, I only hear crickets, very quiet. Not very much players are interested in special colors and custom wheels.

The only people interested in wheels and colours is the livery artists. This does not bode well for the future racing suit upgrade.

I like wheels, I dont mind the paints but I find them too expensive for what they are.... 500 for paint? Yeesh.

I have no interest in helmets poses and decals and I have the cars as it is since its about the 3rd or 4th time the cars have rolled around.

If I remember correctly, we used to get the colour of the car we purchased or won (except race-car colours) and were able to then use that colour on ANY car...! What happened to that?

@Quakebass is right in expanding the amount of manufacturer colours if PD want to "recycle" them, but I think it should go to about 12 manufacturer colours per fortnight! (Even with the amount of cars currently in the game, it should be around 14 months before a repeat colour raises it's head - I'm only guessing but...)

@TonyJZX is right when it comes to pricing of paints, They are currently more than the wheels and even though that may mirror real life in some respect, this is a game and the paint should only be double the cost of wheels at the most! And whats with the chrome paints constantly being on sale but still twice the amount of the other paints?

Purple IS a nice colour, but there are so many different types of black that can NOT be manufactured by the colour-slider that we currently have, like carbon or chrome for examples! I'm assuming that the current chromes can be used on the helmets once the livery editor is up-dated, but will any of the special colours ever be allowed on the decals??? If that can be made to happen, I WILL be impressed!!

I absolutely hate the fact that so much of the content of this game is locked behind a grind wall, & much of it isn't even available at any given time. I'd like to see mileage points removed from the game entirely & have everything open to browse & purchase at a reasonable price. At the very least they should put all of the locked content in the mileage shop & reduce the ridiculous prices to 10% of what they are now.

HEY KAZ! There are many GT Players who have full time jobs/families/responsibilities & can't spend every waking hour grinding their life away in your badly designed game.

:ouch:

lol what?

There are plenty of lobbies out there that are "autodrive" "free mileage" or stuff like that, whenever i don't have time or don't feel like it, i join one of those races.
They give plenty of mileage points as well as money.

I wish getting the paints wasnt ONLY behind the exchange.

I see no reason to have manufacturer paints there. You buy a car, you should get the paint like in GT5/6.

Like Mazda Soul Red or Championship White or Rosso Corso or Midnight Purple II... you know where these colours come from.

I have no issue at all with the Chromes and Colorshifts and the freaky deaky SEMA colors behind the exchange paywall.

VBR
I absolutely hate the fact that so much of the content of this game is locked behind a grind wall, & much of it isn't even available at any given time. I'd like to see mileage points removed from the game entirely & have everything open to browse & purchase at a reasonable price. At the very least they should put all of the locked content in the mileage shop & reduce the ridiculous prices to 10% of what they are now.

HEY KAZ! There are many GT Players who have full time jobs/families/responsibilities & can't spend every waking hour grinding their life away in your badly designed game.

:ouch:

How much would you suggest a paint cost?

The special PD-designed ones? Maybe 50,000Cr, tops, IMO.

The manufacturer ones? Nothing, at least on the car(s) it originally came on. I should be able to repaint a car in any of its factory colours in a few clicks of the livery editor. Painting other cars in that hue could perhaps have a small fee attached to it.

Having game content time-locked, with no hint as to when players can actually access it, is poor game design.

The special PD-designed ones? Maybe 50,000Cr, tops, IMO.

The manufacturer ones? Nothing, at least on the car(s) it originally came on. I should be able to repaint a car in any of its factory colours in a few clicks of the livery editor. Painting other cars in that hue could perhaps have a small fee attached to it.

Having game content time-locked, with no hint as to when players can actually access it, is poor game design.

I wasn't expecting you to say it is poor game design :nervous:. I don't mind it too much.

50,000 is really a lot tbh. The OP was complaining of a grind wall and I don't see how 50,000 Cr would change that from being any less of a grind

A single Sport race or a higher level campaign one would net you enough for one or more. It so bad unless you're trying to buy everything. :lol:

VBR
At the very least they should put all of the locked content in the mileage shop & reduce the ridiculous prices to 10% of what they are now.

If you mean regarding in-game credits & not mileage points, then similar to reality. I've never heard of a paint job costing more than a few thousands pounds, & if you bought the paint yourself a few hundred. So, I'd like to see paint for sale for three or four figure sums depending on the type. The cars sell for similar amounts in-game compared to reality, so why not everything else...

Last edited:
Honestly I’m not really struggling to come by Mi points, I feel like they’re easy enough to gain, it’s the lack of content in the ME (and the unavailability of its contents elsewhere) that bothers me. If they’ve actually gone through their full wheel catalogue then I think they’ve done alright cycling the wheels, they need to double or even triple the quantity of paint per week if they want it to be accessible to new players. The fact that I’ve been playing since launch and there’s still a massive amount of paint I haven’t been able to use simply because PD hasn’t made it available yet is a problem.

I wasn't expecting you to say it is poor game design :nervous:. I don't mind it too much.

I says it like it is. After almost a year since release, there's still a bunch of content that players can't access until PD decides they can, and even then, it'll be for a week. It was the same with the locked cars in FM7. But T10 recently patched that away.

50,000 is really a lot tbh. The OP was complaining of a grind wall and I don't see how 50,000 Cr would change that from being any less of a grind

I should clarify: the 50k suggestion was assuming the paint chips would be available at any time, not the luck of the weekly draw. At 50k, they'd still be a bit of a grind, sure, but crucially, you wouldn't need a few thousand Mi each week to keep on pace.

I says it like it is. After almost a year since release, there's still a bunch of content that players can't access until PD decides they can, and even then, it'll be for a week. It was the same with the locked cars in FM7. But T10 recently patched that away.

I should clarify: the 50k suggestion was assuming the paint chips would be available at any time, not the luck of the weekly draw. At 50k, they'd still be a bit of a grind, sure, but crucially, you wouldn't need a few thousand Mi each week to keep on pace.

Sometimes I get irritated with with wait as well, but sometimes I don't mind it because it because it's kinda exciting. (Although with no new content besides paint, the "exciting" portion of it is waning with each passing week.

I wonder what happens when all the paints have been featured at least once? Will they all be unlocked and no longer "on sale" or will the Mileage Exchange continue as is until the end of the games life?

Back