• 219 comments
United Kingdom
London
m1racing
Millennium Mega GT800 GP

s6NL07S.jpg

Pro-series Championship Season 3

Info and pictures on season 2:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ace-this-sunday-night-gmt-all-welcome.291254/

If you like:

- Watching F1 and all their tyre/pit stop strategy
- Pushing these GT800 cars and tyres to their limit (end of life)
- Long tactical battles with clean drivers
- Fighting for a championship by playing the long game
- Tyre management and pit tactics are important part of this Championship

You will enjoy this event, starting 27 April 2014

Clean drivers only, every driver must complete in one of the pre-season event without causing an incident. There is a set of rules and penalties, we will look into each complaint as well as watch replays, and penalty will be given to drivers who cause race incidents that could be avoided.
A driver may be banned from attending the next race(s) if drivers cause a race incident intentionally.

We have a comprehensive handicap system to keep both the racing and championship as close as possible.

1)Time & Place:

Host: Private lounge of m1racing

Steward: doctorpotfort + Yo

Race Length: Race 1 is appox 20min, Race 2 is appox 45min to 55min

The 50min race 2 (the longer race) (will be tactical like a compressed F1 race with1 or 2 or possible 3 pit stops, if and when the tyre/pit bug is fixed) , and 2 or more compounds could be used, fuel will be an added issue for extra fun.

Pre-season starts from 06 April 2014

Championship race every Sundays from 27th April 2014.

7:30pm (UK time) open for warm up

7:45pm 2 to 3 laps warm up race non-compulsory, no points, no penalties, no handicaps and no car checks

7:50pm handicap/car check

7:55pm qualify for 10min to 12min depending on track

8:10pm Race 1 start (appox 20min)

8:45pm Race 2 start (appox 50min)

Planned pre-season races: see track list, every drivers new to this series must complete in one of the pre-season or testing event without causing an incident and finish the long race within 180 sec of the time limit.

Drivers can still join the event after it is started, we can set up ‘testing race’ event on weekdays to check new drivers.

2) GT800 Car List:

Car list (confirmed on 23rd April 2014) – 2 each of the following cars are available:

Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE (JGTC) 2000 @ 805bhp & 1160kg
Nissan Loctite Zexel GT-R (JGTC) 2000 @ 805bhp & 1160kg
Nissan PENNZOIL ZEXEL GT-R (JGTC) 2001 @ 805bhp & 1160kg
Nissan XANAVI HIROTO GT-R (JGTC) 2001 @ 805bhp & 1160kg

Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) 2001 @ 805bhp & 1160kg
Toyota au CERUMO Supra (JGTC) 2001 @ 805bhp & 1160kg
Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) 2000 @ 805bhp & 1130kg
Toyota DENSO SARD SUPRA GT (JGTC) 2000 @ 804bhp & 1130kg

There will be a compulsory car/manufacture change after 5 rounds (at half time). If you started with a Nissan you must change to a Toyota and vice versa.

After you have selected you race car, you may still change it up until 24th April.

ekWiosi.jpg

xUgltJH.jpg

VaG2Ii7.jpg

A lot of effort has spent on the balancing of these cars, we can not say they are now performing 100% the same (but that would be boring). However, they all should be very competitive over the 10 rounds of this championship. There is also a compulsory/maufacture car change after round 5, if you started with Nissan, you will need to change to a Toyota after round 5.

3) Tracks/time table:
hoJ2jYr.png

4) Reg/Lobby setup:

-ABS, TC and racing line allowed, all other aids are off
-Damage: weak
-Penalties: off
-Boost: off
-Grip reduction on track edge: Low
-Tire wear/fuel consumption: High on both R1 and R2 (back to high if and when the tyre/pit bug is fixed)
-Slipstreaming: weak or real depends on track
-Mic on for management and emergency only, no talking at Q and race
-Tyres: not restricted at most cases– see tyre rules
-Grid start with false start check
-For race 2 reverse grid base on previous result
-Pitstop : not mandatory on R1, min 1 stop on R2
-All tunings are allowed

5) Tyres:

Race 1 –
No restrictions, use any tyres.

Race 2 -

Top 5 finishes of race 1 will not be allow to start race 2 with RS, only RM or RH are allow at the start.

Top 5 finishes of race 1 will have only 2 sets of RS for race 2.

All other drivers can start with any tyres and they will have 3 sets of RS, there are no limits on sets of RM, RH or rain tyres.

If you use 1 pair of RS tyres + 1 pair of RM tyres at the same time, it will be class as 1 set of RS used.

6) Handicaps

Ballast (max 140kg ballast for any driver)

For both Race 1 and 2 – handicap for the championship leaders
90KG for championship leader
70KG for 2nd
50KG for 3rd
30KG for 4th

For the last round, 2 worst scores will be drop before working out handicaps for championship points.

For race 2 only - weight handicaps for the top 4 finishes of race 1
40KG for 1st
30KG for 2nd
20KG for 3rd
10KG for 4th

(If and when the tyre bug is fixed, there will be additional BHP handicap for top 4 finishes of race 1.)

BHP handicaps
30bhp for 1st
20bhp for 2nd
10bhp for 3rd

For example, if you are the championship leader, you will Q and start race 1 with 90KG handicap. If you finished 2nd on race 1, you will start race 2 with 120KG handicap.

Winner of R2 will have 30KG handicap on next Sunday (for both R1 and R2), in addition to any of the above handicaps. If you miss the races on next Sunday, it will carry on to the Sunday after etc.

2nd on R2 will have 20KG handicap on next Sunday (for both R1 and R2), in addition to any of the above handicaps. If you miss the races on next Sunday, it will carry on to the Sunday after etc.

3rd on R2 will have 10KG handicap on next Sunday (for both R1 and R2), in addition to any of the above handicaps. If you miss the races on next Sunday, it will carry on to the Sunday after etc.

Tyres

Top 5 finishes of race 1 will not be allow to start race 2 with RS, only RM or RH are allow at the start.

Top 5 finishes of race 1 will have 2 sets of RS for race 2 and all other drivers will have 3 sets of RS, there are no limits on sets of RM or RH.

If you use 1 pair of RS tyres + 1 pair of RM tyres at the same time, it will be class as 1 set of RS used.

Weight reduction

Last 2 finishers (parking on track or sleep in the pit does no count) will receive 30kg weight reduction (from their car, not their body) for the next race.

7) Penalties (Provisional):

7.1 If you are responsible for an incident that could be avoided, there will be 10 sec added to your finishing time the first time on one night of racing, and 15 sec for the second time, 20 sec for the third time etc…..

7.2 If you are responsible for an incident, you must stop at a safe place immediately allow the innocent driver to pass freely to re-establish ahead of your position, failing to stop will net you another 15 sec added to your finishing time the first time on one night of racing, and 30 sec for the second time, 45 sec for the third time etc…..
In addition, time loses of the innocent driver as a result of the incident will also be added to your finishing time (max 30 sec).

7.3 If you've overtaken someone using "questionable tactics", such as push pass or corner cutting, you must give back that place, failing to do so will result in 10 sec added to your finishing time the first time on one night of racing, and 20 sec for the second time, 30 sec for the third time etc…..

7.4 When defending on the straight, the leading car has the right to choose his own line down a straight. He can change his racing line once while driving down a straight (move from the outside line to the inside, or vice versa). Each additional change of racing line will net 1 penalty point. As the leading car approaches the next corner, he can return to the racing line of their choice. However, he is not allowed to move into the path of an overlapping car or of the car behind and causes an accident.

7.5 After handicap check, you must stay on track and not to go back to the lobby, it will cost 2 penalty points.

7.6 You must not disconnect from the lobby/race for oil change or any other reason (except for connection problems), it will cost 2 penalty points and you must start from the back on the next race (allow every car to pass you before turn 1) if not that will be another 3 penalty points.

7.7 You must not drive through to pass a transparent car you are battling with, that will cost you 2 points.

7.8 If you DNF/DNS the first race for any reason, or you came in late, you must start from the back on the next race (allow every car to pass you) if not that will be 3 penalty points.

7.9 Cars on the race track have right-of-way over cars entering the race track from the pits or recovering from an off. You have to take care not to interfere with other drivers on the track. Swerving in front of upcoming cars to defend your position is not allowed. When there are other cars around or other car(s) coming down the track, you must not cross the white line and stay on the same side of the track as the pit exit until the next corner, or there will be 2 penalty points. If you cause an incident, additional penalties from 7.1 and 7.2 will apply.

7.10 There is no going into car setup on restarts or at qualify, it will cost 3 penalty points.

7.11 2 WHEELS ON TRACK AT ALL TIMES, track as the black part between the white lines (Kerbs are not part of track). If you gain a place or defended a place by cutting the track, you must give up that place and allow the car behind to pass you, or there will be 3 penalty points.

7.12 If you put on the wrong tyre at a pit stop (e.g. when you are allowed 3 sets of RS, but you put on a 4th set), you may go back to the pit on the next lap and change to the correct tyre or there will be a 45sec time penalty.

7.13 2 penalty points for overtaking other drivers when entering the pit lane.

7.14 2 wheels on track at all times......tba

8) Points System

Race 1 & 2

1st = 15pts
2nd = 14pts
3rd = 13pts
4th = 12pts
5th = 11pts

11th = 5pts
12th = 4pts
13th = 3pts
14th = 2pts
15th = 1pts

There will be no points for fastest lap and PL.

Double points for round 10 both race R1 & R2

DROP SCORE SYSTEM
- each driver's 2 worst scores of the season will be dropped, meaning 18 scores out of 20 will count for the Drivers' Championship. This allows drivers to miss 1 race night without too much disadvantage.

9) General

-Save replay of each race.

-If you are the leading car in a battle you have the right to the racing line, whatever you may deem that to be.
You are no longer classed as the leading car when the driver behind has his front wheels level with your rear wheels. At this stage you are now classed as 'side-by-side'
When side-by-side you can no longer taker the optimum racing line as this will either result in an accident or someone being ran off the track, you must follow either the inside or outside line of the corner depending on which you are on. You are not allowed to cut across the track until you are clear of the car alongside.
Not sticking to these rules when in a 'battle' will result in someone's race being ruined, either by a crash or by penalties and most of all it spoils the fun!

-If you can’t see the car close from behind or side by side (may be at your blind spot) always give extra room when you turn into or out of the next corner, better then have an accident.

-It is the responsibility of the car returning to the track to ensure there are no collisions so that no other drivers have to manoeuvre or brake to allow you to resume racing. If there's a chance of a collision, wait and be patient as other drivers have the right of way.

-There may be stand in/guest driver racing with us from time to time, these will be clean drivers that we have race together in the pass. They will not be given any championship points, but will take handicap like any other drivers.

Last edited:
To sign up:

1) Leave a message on this thread
2) Send FR to m1racing on PSN
3) Complete in one of the pre-season or testing event without causing an incident, you can use any GT500 cars, no need to buy a car from the car list yet.
4) Select you race car
5) A spot in the championship is confirmed

Drivers to complete a pre-season event:

SKILL

Drivers to select race car:

Confirmed drivers+car:

Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE (JGTC) 2000 FULL
1) Sig
2) Lem

Nissan Loctite Zexel GT-R (JGTC) 2000 FULL
1) Uncle
2) m1

Nissan PENNZOIL ZEXEL GT-R (JGTC) 2001 FULL
1) atlon
2) Bazz

Nissan XANAVI HIROTO GT-R (JGTC) 2001 FULL
1) Bob
2) m1e

Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) 2000 FULL
1) Mo
2) Yo

Toyota DENSO SARD SUPRA GT (JGTC) 2000 FULL
1) Mark
2) Chris

Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) 2001 FULL
1) doc
2) speed

Toyota au CERUMO Supra (JGTC) 2001 FULL
1) Steve
2) Johnny

Last edited:
Round 10 Sliverstone on 20 July
Tire wear/fuel consumption: High on both R1 and R2

R1 ==> 10 laps
R2==> 26 laps

Q = 12min
Slipstreaming = real

Handicap (KG) -

m1 100
Uncle 70
doc 50
Yo 60
atlon 20

Chris -30
Mark -30

Last edited:
To sign up:

1) Leave a message on this thread
2) Send FR to m1racing on PSN
3) Complete in one of the pre-season or testing event without causing an incident, you can use any GT500 cars, no need to buy a car from the car list yet.
4) Select you race car (you may change your car up until 24th April)
5) A spot in the championship is confirmed

Drivers to complete a pre-season event:

Drivers to select race car:

Confirmed drivers:

Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE (JGTC) 2000
1)
2)

Nissan Loctite Zexel GT-R (JGTC) 2000
1)
2)

Nissan PENNZOIL ZEXEL GT-R (JGTC) 2001
1)
2)

Nissan XANAVI HIROTO GT-R (JGTC) 2001
1)
2)

Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) 2001
1)
2)

Toyota au CERUMO Supra (JGTC) 2001
1)
2)

Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) 2000
1)
2)

Toyota DENSO SARD SUPRA GT (JGTC) 2000
1)
2)
Are all the standard gt500 cars allowed?

Mike: I have not been able to test any of these cars so I will guess and take the Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) 2001. Thanks

Count me in also

I am looking at the Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE (JGTC) 2000 (one of my all time fav cars) but I might change after I have done some testing

Toyota au CERUMO Supra (JGTC) 2001

Welcome Lambo, looks like you have found the car list. Remember to complete in one of the pre-season event, next one is tomorrow. See you on track soon.

Bob, Bazz & Sig, good to see you guys back, will you be racing the first pre-season tomorrow? I think Mark, Lem, doc, atlon, Mo and Yo will be there, not sure about the others at the moment. Uncle will be late, after 9pm he said.

Last edited:
Mike: I am still soaking up some sun so will not race tomorrow. I will be back Tuesday night and testing on Wednesday.

Probably not tomorrow as the F1 is on and I am looking into participating in another race, but I will definitely attend a pre-season race at some point

With the compulsory car change do we need to swap car makes (i.e. Must go from Toyota to Nissan -vice versa) or can you stay with the same make?
Also I changed my mind I might be attending tonight now :)

With the compulsory car change do we need to swap car makes (i.e. Must go from Toyota to Nissan -vice versa) or can you stay with the same make?
Also I changed my mind I might be attending tonight now :)

You must change make.

I think it is better to race then watching a race:tup:, see you in an hour.

Hi easy9

Would like to be taking part in this but it will clash with a GT3 series I have already signed up for.

Sunday evenings seem to be popular with race series events!

Anyway, good luck with the series, look forward to seeing any videos of your races if someone is going to capture them!

Hi easy9

Would like to be taking part in this but it will clash with a GT3 series I have already signed up for.

Sunday evenings seem to be popular with race series events!

Anyway, good luck with the series, look forward to seeing any videos of your races if someone is going to capture them!

Thanks, I am sure there will be some videos later. Just send you PM.

Hi! I wanna take part in this challenge. For me - Nissan PENNZOIL ZEXEL GT-R (JGTC) 2001, plz.

I have ordered a new PS3, but its not going to be here until Thu or Fri or Sat...... How did it go on Sunday?

Please test your race car and check if there is any change after v1.06 update for both pre-pit and after pit.

Hopefully see you on track soon.

Mike: I pulled the Supra out today. The maximum HP I could get was 788. I assume that it will increase to 808 once the car has been broken in.

Mike: I pulled the Supra out today. The maximum HP I could get was 788. I assume that it will increase to 808 once the car has been broken in.
You need to do an oil change from GT Auto
In gt6 cars don't get broken in anymore (i.e. you can't get more power from the engine by driving it 100 odd miles)

Thanks that is interesting. I was going to do an oil change but the garage indicated that it was good so I assumed that it was a new engine. I will try the change tomorrow.

Hi, here is a brief history of the fascinating SARD team which has some notable achievements in both Le Mans and Japanese grand touring racing. Mark :)

HISTORY
1972 Established SIGMA Automotive Co., Ltd.
1973 Participated in the Le Mans 24-Hour Race with SIGMA MC73, the first Japanese machine and Japanese team in the Le Mans 👍
1974 Participated in the Le Mans 24-Hour Race with SIGMA MC74, and completed the race.
Concluded an import agency agreement with KKK Turbo of West Germany.
1985 Established SARD Co., Ltd.
Participated in Group A race with SARD SUPRA.
1986 Participated in Group C race with SARD MC86X.
1989 Started activities as Toyota Team SARD.
Participated in Group C race with TOYOTA 89C-V.
1990 Made a comeback to the Le Mans 24-Hour Race for the first time in 15 years 👍
1991 Concluded an import agency agreement with STACK Ltd in UK.
Won the championship in Rd.4. International suzuka 1000km with TOYOTA 91C-V.
1993 Won the 5th prize for the combined in Le Mans 24-Hour Race with TOYOTA 93C-V, and won the class championship.
1994 Won the 2nd prize for the combined in the Le Mans 24-Hour Race with TOYOTA 94C-V.
Began to participate in the JGTC with SARD SUPRA GT.
Made full-fledged participation in the after parts market (tuning parts market) as SARD.
1995 Completion of SARD original racing machine SARD MC8R and participated in racing.
1996 Participated in racing including the Le Mans 24-Hour Race and JGTC with SARD MC8R and SARD SUPRA GT
1997 Participated in racing including the Le Mans 24-Hour Race and JGTC with DENSO SARD SUPRA and SARD MC8R 👍

Won the 2nd prize for the combined in JGTC.
2003 Won the championship for the combined in JGTC Rd.7 Autopolis.
2004 JGTC Rd.1 TI (3rd prize) Rd.3. Malaysia (1st prize) Rd.6. Autopolis (2nd prize).
Won the 2nd prize for the combined in JGTC.
2005 Won the championship for the combined in 34th International Pokka 1000km.
Released the new range KRS (King of The Road by SARD) for high-grade cars.
2006 Participated in 13th Tokachi 24-Hour Race with hybrid "LEXUS GS460h" as LEXUS TEAM SARD.
2007 Participated in super GT race with DENSO SARD SC430.
Participated in Tokachi 24-Hour Race with hybrid GT machine as TOYOTA team SARD, and won the championship.

http://www.sard.co.jp/after_eng/about/about.html
http://www.sard.co.jp/fanclub/

I should be there on Sunday m1, hopefully this season will be as competitive as the last! 👍

Great. I think this will be even more competitive then last season because these cars so much closer then the GT3 cars.

After testings on Thu:

1) Atlon has now sign up for the season.

2) For Spa tomorrow, BHP will be set at 805, weight will be 1130kg for all the 2000 Supra and 1160 for all other cars. Handicap will be 60kg to 20kg + RM tyres for R2
Q=12min

Back