Mindblown! A racing game that DOESN'T teach you how to properly race.

I didn't know about F1 Cody games, mainly because the last one I played was F1 2014 :lol:
They don't change much year to year which is why I only buy it every 2-3 years, but a little progress every year adds up to a lot. F1 2021 is massively different to F1 2014 in a lot of really good ways. There's a lot of stuff in there that I would pay a lot of money to see in the next GT or FM.

Since it's a yearly title anything that isn't a current year version regularly goes on sale, I'm pretty sure I saw F1 2020 for $15 a month or two ago. The same will probably happen to F1 2021 after F1 2022 comes out. It's probably worth picking up a cheap copy to see if you like it at least - playing the version from last year will get you 90% of the content and features for 10% the price, and if you end up not liking it then there's not much lost.

I didn't know about F1 Cody games, mainly because the last one I played was F1 2014 :lol:

Funny that you remember about Ferrari Challenge because i'm still playing that game to this day!

In NFS Shift you could "master" corners in racing or time-attack. The problem with this mechanic is that you can do it with any car, so to "master" Nurburgring, you can take a very slow car and just have a nice and relax walk around the ring and "master" it. :lol:
i miss NFS Shift :(

If not the most important and obvious thing in a driving game. It's omission from gt7 context is downright pathetic.

Understanding and teaching clean, safe, and drivable lines should of been implemented in gameplay. Not some beyond the apex article lol.

Knowing when to pass, where to pass, and how to give space.

Which leads me to my next major COMPLAINT

Uncompetitive AI.
Seriously how stupid are the people at polyphony digital?easy,medium,hard difficulty like lol wtf. Because when I go to the real track that's how it is. Lapping guys on easy/normal setting. Getting beat by a lap by guys on hard difficulty.?! Lmao

That's not how real racing works. You incrementally get faster by learning the line from the faster guy in front of you. It maybe by .2 seconds but it's progressing. By the end of 15 laps you've learned a new line are probably a second or 2 faster.

You can't do that In gt7. The ai should have been set like this.
Run qualifying for track.
Now enter race midpack with each lead car set to a pace. .1 seconds faster than you're qualifying time.

Simple, easy and always a fun challenge. As opposed to this weird sadistic circuit experience bologna, or stupid tomahawk grind
You lost me with when you said . “ That's not how real racing works. You incrementally get faster by learning the line from the faster guy in front of you. It maybe by .2 seconds but it's progressing. By the end of 15 laps you've learned a new line are probably a second or 2 faster.”

In real racing You have 10 or more drivers with different driving skills some better some worse that will Change your driving line . After you pass all the drivers then your best line will keep you in front of the others people you pass unless the diver behind you has a faster line and more skills then you.

In my real world of racing I found every lap and turn will change when you are trying to pass real competition. The only time you can keep a racing line is driving by yourself or qualifying.

You lost me with when you said . “ That's not how real racing works. You incrementally get faster by learning the line from the faster guy in front of you. It maybe by .2 seconds but it's progressing. By the end of 15 laps you've learned a new line are probably a second or 2 faster.”

In real racing You have 10 or more drivers with different driving skills some better some worse that will Change your driving line . After you pass all the drivers then your best line will keep you in front of the others people you pass unless the diver behind you has a faster line and more skills then you.

In my real world of racing I found every lap and turn will change when you are trying to pass real competition. The only time you can keep a racing line is driving by yourself or qualifying.
If only everybody raced that way :( todays daily was a nightmare people moan about the ai being on rails yet they stick to the racing line even though someone's right next to them they just turn in expecting them to disappear

Latest Posts

Back