Minecraft News and Discussion

• Thread starter WallRunner
  • 14,002 comments
Let me know if you do buy it then and I can lend a hand around the map :)

PS. Platinumed on PS3 and 4 so you know I'm good :sly: :dopey: :lol:

I need some fellow chums to give me some help with my pc server hosted on my pc.

I need to give it and address so to speak and various other things so I can host for people. But mostly RAM size to use because the logs are saying it can't keep up or something.

Thanks
Corey Preston

For an address just go to whatismyip.com. Then forward port 25565 to the machine hosting the server.

That message is fairly normal. Do you have any plugins running? Also what server are you running? Vanilla? Spigot? Other?

Just vanilla atm... But seeing as my IP as given by my IP is not static and therefore subject to change am I going to have to give everyone the ip address everytime it changes ?

I'll try and pop in later. Have you set up a dyndns client on your pc or router?

Last edited:
Dynamic dns works by having a bit of software on your machine or router (if compatible) that updates the record whenever your ip changes. If you just entered it manually then it won't work after it changes.

My friend's roommate is working on a server. I don't think I want to say the address since they don't know you guys.

The other day I went on the PS Store and saw this was available for $5. Is that price for people who purchased it on the PS3?

Hmm, I bought it on PS3 and PS4 the PS4 being in around june 2016. I think I paid more than $5. Maybe it was a US store special.

In my Windows 10 world, things are good. I don't care much for achievements since I unlocked them all on the Java version. I went into Creative and built my Nether Brewing lab. I'll get some shots when I get back to it (going between this game, Horizon and The Crew).

It's really difficult to find light sources that won't melt snow. I'm trying to experiment with snow for an interior design that really interested me. It was backlit and gave a very elegant glow, but all light blocks and torches have melted the snow tiles. So far, I've only had luck with redstone torches, but they are way too dim.

Bummer, wasn't sure :indiff:

I can understand why regular glowstone blocks will melt snow tiles, since they come from the Nether, an unbearably hot hellscape. However, glowstone lamps are an overworld invention, so you'd think that they wouldn't produce as much heat.

Drat. I think they changed the way the lava and glass worked. I had a house semi burn down which I think may have been my lava chimney contraption, or my dastardly friend.

Are any of you guys on Linux and playing with a DS3 controller?

I have the controller working in Linux itself, all buttons react but in Minecraft it doesn't do diddlysquat.

Help?

Dan
It's really difficult to find light sources that won't melt snow. I'm trying to experiment with snow for an interior design that really interested me. It was backlit and gave a very elegant glow, but all light blocks and torches have melted the snow tiles. So far, I've only had luck with redstone torches, but they are way too dim.

With a risk of your dwelling looking like the Winchester Mystery House... Have you thought of using skylights or glass walls to let sunlight in to light up certain areas?

With a risk of your dwelling looking like the Winchester Mystery House... Have you thought of using skylights or glass walls to let sunlight in to light up certain areas?

That's a good idea, but I plan on using this house in survival, so I don't want to risk having monsters spawning in my living room at night. :lol:

Dan
That's a good idea, but I plan on using this house in survival, so I don't want to risk having monsters spawning in my living room at night. :lol:

So.. you have no interest in leaving your house at night to seek shelter from monsters?

Might as well play on peaceful.. lol

Back