WallRunner

Insta @ChristopherLittleATL
Premium
United States
Atlanta, GA
WallRunner51
[/B][/COLOR]
What is Minecraft?
Minecraft is a sandbox game in which you build objects out of blocks in a full 3D world (Think Pixel-art, only better), the world is randomly generated and extremely fun to explore, including mountains, caves, waterfalls (lavafalls to :dopey:), beaches and even has a random chance of snow!

However, all is not peaceful in this world, along with a few types of harmless animals, such as pigs, chickens and sheep (nicknamed "mobs"), at night or in dark underground caverns reside multiple scary creatures, including zombies, skeleton archers and spiders! The focus of the game, atleast at first, is to survive the night by building a fortress and mining for materials, including iron and diamond ores to craft weapons, tools and building materials from.

If you're interested, check out http://minecraft.net, survival mode isn't free, but creative mode is, which lets you explore the world and build structures with unlimited blocks, but doesn't have enemies, a pretty day/night cycle or the dynamic lighting of "Alpha" or "Survival" mode.

If you want to buy the game (and you should), it's ~$21/€14.95, and includes access to the newest version of the game, character and world skins and survival multiplayer support.

Here are some commands for Players on the server:

Teleportation

Spawn

/spawn - Teleport you to Spawn

Home

/home - Teleport you to your default home location
/home <name> - Teleport to a named home location
/home <player>:<name> - Teleport to another players home location if you have permission or an invite is open.
/sethome - Set your default home location
/sethome <name> - Set a named home location
/sethome <player>:<name> - Set a home location for another player. Requires permission. Leave <name> blank to set default home.
/deletehome <name> - Delete named home location.
/deletehome <player>:<name> - Delete another player's named home location. Permission required.
/listhomes - List home locations for yourself.
/listhomes <username> - List home locations for another player. Requires permission.
/invitehome {<user>|*} - Invite another user (use "*" for global invite) to your default home location.
/invitehome {<user>|*} <home> - Invite another user (use "*" for global invite) to your named home location.
/invitehometimed {<user>|*} <time> - Invite another user (use "*" for global invite) to your default home for a short time.
/invitehometimed {<user>|*} <time> <home> - Invite another user (use "*" for global invite) to your named home for a short time.
/uninvitehome {<user>|*} - Retract invitation for another player to visit your default home.
/uninvitehome {<user>|*} <home> - Retract invitation for another player to visit your named home.
/listinvites - List invites open to you.
/listmyinvites - List invites you have open to others.

Warp

/listwarps (or /warplist) - Lists the available warps.
/warp (or usewarp/wrp) <name> - Warp to the specified warp point.

World

/chunkme - Reloads chunks. Handy if you get stuck in a void or find an area hasn't loaded properly.

/who - See a list of who is currently online.

Privacy

Lockette

The purpose of this plugin is to restrict access to the contents of chests, dispensers, furnaces, and doors without the use of a database to track containers.

To use, simply place a signpost on the floor directly beside a chest or other container to be locked. Enter [Private] as the first line. Your own name will automatically be entered on line 2 as the chest owner. Optionally type in the full names of two other users allowed to access the chest's inventory on lines 3 and 4.

When done correctly, the sign will automatically fix itself to the side the target chest, protecting it from unauthorized access! Only the chest's owner can then break the sign or chest. (Warning: Anyone with permission to use WorldEdit commands or similar can circumvent the protection by removing the sign.)

LocketteDoory.jpg

Additionally, you can enter [Everyone] on lines 3 or 4 instead of a user name to allow everyone access to the contents of a private container, or [Operators] to allow ops access. If a Permissions plugin is available, you can use groups like [Moderator] or [Admins] or others as defined in the Permissions settings files.

The owner of a container can add more users by placing additional signs beside the container with the heading [More Users], where lines 2-4 specify the names of the additional users. You can edit the users on previously placed signs by right clicking the sign, and using the command '/lockette <line number> <text>' to change it.

Working with Doors:

To protect a door, you can use the same method as protecting a container, the sign will attach to the door automatically. In addition, you can attach a [Private] wall sign to any side of the blocks just above or just below a door. For double doors only one side needs a sign. Door support is enabled by default in the config file.

Once a door is protected it will only open for someone listed as a user, and will not respond to redstone power or switches unless [Everyone] is listed as a user. Iron doors which usually won't open from clicking will work just as wooden doors. In addition, double doors will open together automatically!

You can also use [More Users] signs as with containers, with the caveat that the sign cannot be placed on the block above the door if the [Private] sign is not above the door as well! (This is done to prevent a security uncertainty issue.)

Protected doors will be closed automatically if a timer is set. A timer can be set globally with a configuration option, or individually for each door by using the tag [Timer: #] on line 3 or 4 of the [Private] sign, where # is the number of seconds that the door should remain open. If the timer is set to 0, this means the door will never automatically close. If no timer is specified, protected doors will use a global timer set in the configuration file. If the server is shut down cleanly any open doors will be closed, but in the event of a server crash while a door is open, it may remain so. Note that the initial state of a door is assumed to be closed.

Care must me taken to place protected doors on a stable block. Building a door on sand, gravel, leaves, TNT and et cetera are allowed by the plugin, but cannot be secured fully. :3 Additionally, it should be noted that most status messages still refer to locked blocks as containers, so for the purpose of simplicity, doors should be considered as a type of container.

MobArena

If you enjoy fighting monsters for glorious prizes or just the sheer thrill of battle, you and your friends can now join forces against hordes of Minecraft evils in the exciting gladiator-style survival mini-game MobArena!

Heavily inspired by Deminetix' Fight-plugin, MobArena is a PvE-take on arena-gameplay, with a similar class-based system. Instead of fighting other players, you team up with them to beat oncoming waves of monsters, earning rewards in the process. MobArena can be played alone, or with as many friends as you like!

/ma join or /ma j - Join the arena if only one exists. Otherwise, join the Master Lobby (will be featured later).
/ma join <arena> or /ma j <arena> - Join the arena with the specified name.
/ma leave or /ma l - Leave the current arena, or the spectator area.
/ma notready - Get a list of all players who aren't ready.
/ma spectate or /ma spec - Spectate the arena if only one exists.
/ma spectate <arena> or /ma spec <arena> - Spectate the arena with the specified name.
/ma arenas - Get a list of all arenas. Green names are enabled, gray names are disabled.
/ma players - Get a list of all arena players.
/ma players <arena> - Get a list of arena players in the specified arena.

(You can also use /mobarena instead of /ma)

BOSEconomy

This is an Economy plugin installed at the request of the users to aid in trading. It still needs some tweaking.

/econ - Displays your money.
/econ income <page> - Lists any income brackets that you reside in, shows how much each pays, shows your total wage, and shows the payment interval.
/econ pay [player] [amount] - Pays another player the given amount of money. The amount must be positive, you must be able to afford it, and the other use must be online. This is also the command to pay money to a bank account. To do so, put a $ sign infront of the name of the bank you wish to deposit into. For example: "/econ pay $MyBank 200"
/econ stats - Displays the total money, total players, average money, and average income of the server. Bank accounts and excluded brackets are not factored into statistics.
/econ top5 - Displays the top 5 wealthiest players.
/econ set [player] [amount] - Sets the amount of money owned by the given player. Money may be set to a negative value; players with negative money can't make payments.
/econ view [player] - Displays how much money the given player owns.
/econ bank list <page> - $ Lists all existing bank accounts.
/econ bank view [bank] - Displays how much money is in a bank account. Only members of a bank can view its balance.
/econ bank listmembers [bank] <page> - Lists the owners and members of a bank account. Only members can use this for any particular bank.
/econ bank withdraw [bank] [amount] - Withdraws money from a bank. Only owners and members of the bank can use this.
/econ bank addowner [bank] [owner] - Adds an owner to a bank. Only bank owners can add new owners.
/econ bank addmember [bank] [member] - Adds a member to a bank. Only bank owners can add new members.
/econ bank removemember [bank] [member] - Removes an owner or member from a bank. Only bank owners can remove members.
/econ help <page> - Displays every command you have access to with a brief description of it. The help section displays for any unrecognized command.

Shops

You can now set up shops to sell things.

How to create a ChestShop?
- Place a chest, if you haven't already.
- Place a sign 1 block near the chest (for example, above the chest)
- On the sign, write:

mcsign.png

(Item name can actually be item ID or alias)
First line will be filled in by the plugin automatically.
Price is a combination of buy and sell price.
You have to have B near buy price (people buy from you), and S near sell price (people sell to you).
If you have both B and S, separate them with a colon - :
For example:
example.png

means that AcrobotPL wants to sell 64 diamonds for 10 currency, and buy them back from you for 5 currency.

- Now, when you finish editing the sign, if LWC is turned on in config, shop will be automatically created.

Using shops
You could buy and sell by right and left clicking the sign for a long time.
Now it's the only way to use the shops.
It's SIMPLE!
Just LEFT-CLICK to SELL to shop, and
RIGHT-CLICK to BUY from shop.
(This can be changed in the config file)

Destroying Shops
If you want to delete your old shop, simply SNEAK and destroy the sign.
It's that easy =)

Stocking Shops
You can either open the chest and stock it up, or click on your own sign - it will open chest's inventory (that way you can have chests not openable by other people for sure :D)

The GodStation

Currently near the station in Rapture but soon to be placed in Thorncombe, the GodStation allows players to control weather and time if no admins are online.

20110822220702.png

Simply click on the Day or Night buttons to make it Day or Night. You can probably figure out what Sunny, Rain and Storm do!!

Other

Fast Roads

Fast Roads are made from Gold Glass and Glowstone (there is currently only one leaving the top floor of the Station). When on one of these roads, walk forward while holding Shift to travel at high speed.

Chairs

Right click a chair to sit in it. (It will look like you are above the chair but to everyone else you are sitting in it. (This is not working so well as of the latest update).

Recipes

If you don't know how to make something just type /recipie followed by what you need. eg. /recipe cake or /recipe minecart

Anyone Sleep

If it get's dark, only one person needs to spleep for it to become day again. Not everyone.

Banana Chunk

Banana Chunk is a plugin that resends the chunks to your client. Handy if you get stuck in a lag hole or something hasn't loaded properly. Type /chunkme to have the chunks resent.

VIP's
VIP's are a feature I have added to give some members more features. At the moment there is no exact prerequisite for becoming a VIP. I will just add people as I see fit!! To become VIP's though users will have to have been active on the server for a long time and/or conributed to the server through helpfulness or with big building projects. The advantages that VIP members will gain are:

- Health will auto regenerate at half a heart per minute.
- More pay.
- Gold tools now have massive power! (but still don't last very long)
- Access to the CraftBook building commands. These can be used to create retractable bridges, gates, integrated circuits and more. The features are too long to list so take a look here.
- When you die, you will respawn at your default home instead of the spawn point.
- Repair your own tools.

More features to be added in the future.

Have fun :)

P.S. Obviously Mods, Admins and Royalty have some extra special commands! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I considered starting a thread on Minecraft a few weeks ago. :lol: Guess you get the honours instead :P

p.s - You forgot to mention the exploding penises ;)

p.s - You forgot to mention the exploding penises ;)

I figured I'd let the new players learn about those for themselves :P

That video is priceless, although it did teach me to make sure my fires are surrounded by stone, around the sides and under. I set a bunch of fires on a beach once and all the pigs kept walking into them so I'd go down every so often and collect the meat :lol:

I really want to do a SMP game though sometime soon and try to see how well we can build a city or something and fend off the attacks.

From,
Chris.

So this is basically a very blockly(is that even a word?) sims with an survival edge to it. I'm really starting to get hyped for it after seeing some videos.

I love this game. But I don't have the money to buy the Alpha version :(:(. And the Classic version stinks! :yuk:

COuld someone please loan me money? :lol: :P

Last edited:
Ok, now I'm hooked and $15 for such a great game even at Alpha status just seems so much more worth it. Not to mention free updates and there is no DRM! What more can you ask for?

$15? Ya I bit for it. My God it's addictive and I have no idea what in the world I'm supposed to do. I just wish it would quit snowing.

Doesn't mean it plays like one. ;)

It's made (mostly) by one guy; what were you expecting, 360/PS3 levels of graphics?

Well the usual argument from PC > console people involves graphics but basically this looks like a first person Sim City game from 1996?

I haven't played a PC game since about 2001 so maybe I'm missing something? I would really like an engineering type game with decent graphics now that I think about it.

I think that's just the art style the developer went with, there's texture packs which can make it look prettier though, if you want.

@Joey, when it loads a snow world it's going to snow on that save, it's just randomly selected when you make a new game, I think that's going to change soon though.

If you want to play a (really old) version of Survival with enemies, you can play the old survival test mode here, but it still doesn't have most of what's included in Alpha, such as weapons, tools, pretty lighting, etc. Just a little more fun to play if you can't afford Alpha yet (I couldn't until yesterday :P)

From,
Chris.

Okay, so what I thought I'd do is show off my main world.

MCHouse.png

This is my house. Built into the side of a mountain, and fairly creeper-proof.

MCFarm.png

The Subterranean Farm Complex.This is the first floor, there's two more below it, and this thing is so ungodly profitable, I had to make this:

MCMessHall.png

The Mess Hall. The first five are filled with bread. It stands on the location of my First Night Hut. But of course, the game is MINEcraft, so I have a mine.

MCMine.png

It's 20 by 20, I think, and is enough to completely fill two large chests with cobblestone. It's not very profitable, oddly enough. Maybe when I get lower. And this is Mineshaft Beta, Alpha was a direct dig and pan at the bottom of the earth.

Long time. Although, this is only the main account on the netbook, the desktop has a huge world, a massive castle, a main house with a dome and a gold block right on top, an underwater base, and a base on a floating island, the last two of which are randomly right next to each other. I also have a lock system in place so I can traverse my territory via boat. I can't be bothered to span the distance from Lake Genesis (The body of water next to my spawn point) to Lake Suzuran (huge lake) because that would take me roughly as long as making my castle.

I'm spending my first night in minecraft, holy crap it get really dark at night even with my monitor at highest brightness, and I don't have a single torch yet, I also see some lone figure in the distance with red eyes moving around ._.

Just run for a tree and wait it out. So far I have made a small home connected to a cave, lit up some caves just so I know I visited them before, and made a 10x10 pit for two pigs and a sheep. Just doing random stuff pretty much.

I'm in the process of digging and underwater tunnel from my house on one island to my castle on another island. This game is stupidly fun for something that really has no point.

Well i was going to take some screenshots of all I've built thus far (Castle, Docks, Gardens, Farm carved into a hill, underground/underwater lair with glass ceiling, etc.), and a cartographer map, but I just set fire to the roof of my castle...

From,
Chris.

Kept on starting new worlds so I could do this:
i2vlol.png

Yes that is a house on ice. For some reason inside the ice melted so I just put some wooden blocks in place of the ice. Floor's a little slippery but it works.

Of course, I can't play this game. When I start to download it, it freezes my whole PC.

Anybody else have problems?

I have Windows 7 Home.

Wow, no, that's not happened to me. You could always check on the forums and see if there's a similar case for someone else.

In my massive save file, I have completed the fire fence I had thought of. Doesn't keep monsters out, but it does kill them.

Wow, no, that's not happened to me. You could always check on the forums and see if there's a similar case for someone else.

In my massive save file, I have completed the fire fence I had thought of. Doesn't keep monsters out, but it does kill them.

I tried a different web browser and it worked, but not well. I only get 1 frame a second. Don't need to bother with this anymore. Shame, 'cause it looked like fun.

Back