Minecraft News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by WallRunner, Oct 14, 2010.

1. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

The April Fools snapshot is probably more fun to play than the actual update :)

This has also peaked my interest:

Doomotron likes this.
  2. TJ13

TJ13 Premium

So Minecraft and RTX.

Talk about needing high end.

Just to run 1080p without DLSS at 60 fps you will need at lease a 2080 Super or 2080 Ti.
    For 1440p with a 2080 Super/Ti it's 22 fps.

CPU isn't so much of a factor just slightly lower minimum fps in some cases.

So if you want to run Minecraft RTX
    On a i9-9900K or Ryzen 9 3950X
    With a 2080 TI
    At 4K
    Will only net 22 FPS.

So I'd suggest holding off on playing Minecraft with RTX right now until some improvements can be made.

3. Doomotron

Doomotron

I honestly hope that Microsoft aren't going to be stupid and only release it on Xbox and PC. I don't expect a Switch port but the PS5 can easily handle it.

4. TJ13

TJ13 Premium

So far RTX is confirmed on Xbox next gen.
    No word on PS.

5. Eks

Eks Premium

Is anyone else not a fan of the Bedrock edition on consoles? Sure, unlimited worlds and crossplay are great, but there's just one thing I can't get over.

4J Studios really did a great job creating a user interface that was tailored to the console experience. It was also fast and responsive. Bedrock's interface reeks of freemium mobile game; like I'm playing a phone game with a DS4. Clearly not designed for the hardware it's running on. To add salt to the wound, the interface as a whole is slow. Sometimes it takes up to 5 seconds just to load the settings screen. In addition, opening a chest/furnace whatever incurs a delay that I don't find present at all on pre-bedrock versions. Nevermind it being a PITA to navigate the crafting/inventory screens.

It's an absolute nitpick, I know, but having to engage with the interface as often as you do in a typical run of play doesn't help.

jstickboy13 likes this.
  6. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

I've been switching between the Windows 10 Bedrock and Java.

7. m8h3r

m8h3r Premium

I agree 100%. If the old edition carried on with the updates I'd use that instead. Split screen is pretty much a no go when you've hot more than about 10 entities in the area (villagers, cows, chickens etc)

8. Doomotron

Doomotron

I think the new UI isn't very good at all (even with a mouse and keyboard, which is what I use). I don't like the four categories since I never know where a black is as they're broader categories. If they'd made a UI based on the input device, it would be much better.

The recipe book is the better than the Java one at least...

9. Touring Mars

Touring Mars Moderator

I only discovered this last night...

Lots of very cool free content on the Minecraft Store, under the 'Minecraft Education' category.

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/free-educational-content-minecraft-marketplace

I don't know if this was always intended to be free, or if it will continue to be free after it has been downloaded (I assume and hope so...), but for now it is all freely available.

Free content includes Minecraft models of Mount Olympus, the International Space Station and Washington D.C., among several others.

10. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

I have joined the Build The Earth project! I'm currently in a group working on the Pacific Northwest. I'll be posting progress shots here so you can see what this is all about :)

m8h3r likes this.
  11. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

Micron Business and Economics Building
    Boise State University (Boise, ID)
    micron1.png micron2.png

Still needs work. This is what I finished over the weekend.

Touring Mars likes this.
  12. Doomotron

Doomotron

I assume it's empty inside?

13. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

Yeah. Interiors aren't a necessity for the project.

Doomotron likes this.
  14. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

Center for the Visual Arts
    Boise State University (Boise, Idaho)
    visualart1.png visualart2.png

This one was a bit tricky since it's a fairly new building and not a lot of reference images.

EDIT:
    There's two of us working on the Boise State campus. He changed out the Obsidian for Dark Prismarine to match the texture better. I gave him permission obviously.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  15. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

Velma V. Morrison Center for the Performing Arts
    Boise State University (Boise, Idaho)
    morrison1.png morrison2.png morrison3.png

16. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

Brady Parking Garage
    Boise State University (Boise, ID)
    brady-1.png

This is a bit of a difficult building to do due to it being an open structure. This is what I've done yesterday, I improved the look today and I want to upload a new shot of the finished product.

Niop likes this.