MINI Teases Its Fastest Ever Car: The 300hp John Cooper Works GP

My guess is they are trying to make the fastest FWD car around Nurburgring, this is a big power upgrade.

76d3d6fe-2020-mini-jcw-gp-spy-shots-1.jpg
0258b187-2020-mini-jcw-gp-spy-shots-7.jpg
03334a33-2020-mini-jcw-gp-spy-shots-11.jpg
6486b3e0-2020-mini-jcw-gp-spy-shots-12.jpg

I have always like MINIs so much so that I owned a Cooper S with the Turbo(a 2007 Model). The only unfortunate thing with it was the reliability was kind of crap and the dual mass flywheel apparently helps to burn through clutches. Needless to say having it in the shop more than on the road turned me off of MINI's.

That being said, I have friends that say JCW's are actually more reliable. Seeing this thing pop up on the news feed though is very exciting! I still love MINI's but I am not sure I will ever own one again until they get their reliability taken care of. I still think MINI's are the most fun to drive hatchback cars and I always love the way they look.

Heaven help me, I actually like the way the quarter panels stand proud of the body proper. Union Jack taillights on the new MINIs need to go though.

It's a shame they appear to be running with the gurning, underbite Cooper S Air dam. I find it so bad that I'd prefer to run a plain Cooper.

The taillights are that sort of silly Rule Britannia thing only MINI could pull off. That said, they looked so much better on the original concept that birthed them: the Superleggera:

mini-superleggera-vision-concept_100468076_h.jpg

Should be interesting to see how many scalps this thing can claim. Like @VXR, I'm a little sad that front bumper is still in use: that's the worst part of the modern car IMO. Also, five-spokers? That's one too many!

Heaven help me, I actually like the way the quarter panels stand proud of the body proper. Union Jack taillights on the new MINIs need to go though.

Hmm, I thought the car pictured above was a mule and the fenders wouldn't be representative of the final design. Those gaps look very... Hard to clean! :P

Awesome! I'll be glad to compare this to the Veloster N and Civic Si.

Too bad it'll be relatively unaffordable and terribly unreliable.

EDIT: I just went to the Mini website to check prices and almost lost my lunch. You have got to be joking. How is this company still in business?

EDIT: I just went to the Mini website to check prices and almost lost my lunch. You have got to be joking. How is this company still in business?

You think the base price is bad, wait until you see their service prices! They're borderline criminal.

Hmm, I thought the car pictured above was a mule and the fenders wouldn't be representative of the final design. Those gaps look very... Hard to clean! :P
Could be. I'm seeing them as a tamer version of what's shown in the render.

Hipsters have money I'm afraid.

But this is probably a limited edition track special so expect the prices to be stupidly high.

Back