$$/minute of Racing

• Thread starter SC351W
  • 273 comments
Has anyone else encountered the CLK-GTR(Prize Car) in the german touring car race?I can't seem to beat it regardless of what car i use and they don't let me use the CLK-GTR in the race...

Has anyone else encountered the CLK-GTR(Prize Car) in the german touring car race?I can't seem to beat it regardless of what car i use and they don't let me use the CLK-GTR in the race...

that's because it isnt a DTM(Deutsche Touringcar Meinershaft) car:idea:.

(i hope i spelled it right:dunce:)

I just found another way of making quick buck.Note that it only works in the Japanese or Chinese versions.It gives you more $$/min than the El Capitan Enduro.It is none other than the...grand Valley 300KM enduro!

You win 400000 cash just by winning,and the Sauber C9 prize car sells for 743749 credits,and the race takes only about 35-40mins(3x speed,fully modded Nissan R92cp),earning you about 31771 credits/min .

Hope this helps!

The best way to get quick cash is to finish all liscences from b to ia, then do the slipstream battles and get lots of cash and a Zonda LM!

Double posting in a thread that died off over twelve months ago, Tut tut.

Every man and his dog knows, that the best $/per minute racing is the DTM.

^ if you dont have a lot of time you prolly have better way to spend your time than figuring out the fastedt way to make money of gt4

^ If you dont have a lot of time you probably have better way to spend your time than figuring out the fastest way to make money of gt4

But you do not need to figure out how to make money, since the game has been out over 5 years, others have already figured it out for you.

Still its not as fast.

Better check your arithmetic.

Capri Rally, 275,624 in 9 minutes.
DTM (B-Spec), 893,749 in 16 minutes.
That's more than three times the payoff in less than twice the time. You can do it even quicker by skipping one of the five races, at a cost of 15,000 credits.

Near as I can recall (it's been a while since I timed all this stuff) it's about 40 minutes or so to A-Spec the DTM, so A-Spec vs A-Spec, yes, the Capri rally is faster. The times, by the way, are garage to garage, including selling the prize car.

But there's a race that makes money at an even faster rate than the Capri rally.

Wow, this is such an overdone topic, I can't believe it's not locked yet (damn GT5 forum!) and even more alarmingly I'm spending precious minutes responding. Where to start...

That's such a funny quote I'll repeat it, BobK, with empahsis:
Capri Rally, 275,624 in 9 minutes.
My estimate based on doing this course hundreds of times in the course of judging tuner challenges, and my own use of the course for credit farming and FF/drift car testing (keeping in mind that I'm a bloody awful driver):
Home>Start race>4 or 5 sec before start line: 0:20
1st lap: 2:06
2nd lap: 1:58
Exit>champ win/credits screen>prize car screen: 0:30
Total=4:54? That's using very generous figures for the non-race times and arguably race times if you're trying to flog it with a brilliant car.

Deducting the 0:50 allowed for game time, are you claiming to be able to win the Capri Rally with times of around 4:00 for each lap?
*exhale*
Let's consider cr/min (the title of the thread), excluding the sale of the car (ie in-game minutes), but based on my numbers::
Capri: 276000cr/5min=53000cr/1min of PS2 activity.

Still its not as fast. besides who really wants to bspec.
People, who don't have a lot of time, and need cash fast.
Open Addict is correct here, if considering my situation: I work from home a lot but don't get time to 'play' GT4 at all, until 8pm or later. However, at about 8:20am I'll start a B-Spec of the El Cap enduro, turn it to 3x speed, then turn the TV sound off. The full 1x speed race takes about 2h20m IIRC. When I have a coffee/lunch/toilet/you get the idea break will turn the 3x speed back on. Quickest you can do it is about 40min and worth 1mil or so.

DTM in Bspec (based on BobK's figures, which I'm now a bit dodgy on) yields 894000/16=55000cr/min, but you have to sit on the game to keep changing races and setting to 3x speed.

This does not really compete in this case as it's boring as ****.

My use of the El Cap enduro B-Spec is surely the best;
Home>start race: 0:20
wander through the room and put gt4 BSpec on 3x time: 0:02
as above: 0:02
an hour after start collect money and prize car: 0:15
sell prizecar: 0:15

So in a bit under a minute of actual PS2 time (added up) I'll get 1 mil cr. I think this may clarify the argument somewhat.

Cheers

PF

Last edited:
PF
My estimate based on doing this course hundreds of times in the course of judging tuner challenges, and my own use of the course for credit farming and FF/drift car testing (keeping in mind that I'm a bloody awful driver):
Home>Start race>4 or 5 sec before start line: 0:20
1st lap: 2:06
2nd lap: 1:58
Exit>champ win/credits screen>prize car screen: 0:30
Total=4:54? That's using very generous figures for the non-race times and arguably race times if you're trying to flog it with a brilliant car.

Deducting the 0:50 allowed for game time, are you claiming to be able to win the Capri Rally with times of around 4:00 for each lap?
And in all those hundreds of times, you never noticed that you have to run a total of four laps, two in the forward direction, and two in the reverse direction, for a total of eight minutes at two minutes per lap?
So yes, it's nine minutes per, not five.
*exhale*
Let's consider cr/min (the title of the thread), excluding the sale of the car (ie in-game minutes), but based on my numbers::
Capri: 276000cr/5min=53000cr/1min of PS2 activity.
And your five minutes is off, as noted above. I won't quibble about the 276000 being incorrect though, since it's close enough.

Open Addict is correct here, if considering my situation: I work from home a lot but don't get time to 'play' GT4 at all, until 8pm or later. However, at about 8:20am I'll start a B-Spec of the El Cap enduro, turn it to 3x speed, then turn the TV sound off. The full 1x speed race takes about 2h20m IIRC. When I have a coffee/lunch/toilet/you get the idea break will turn the 3x speed back on. Quickest you can do it is about 40min and worth 1mil or so.

DTM in Bspec (based on BobK's figures, which I'm now a bit dodgy on) yields 894000/16=55000cr/min, but you have to sit on the game to keep changing races and setting to 3x speed.

This does not really compete in this case as it's boring as ****.

My use of the El Cap enduro B-Spec is surely the best;
Home>start race: 0:20
wander through the room and put gt4 BSpec on 3x time: 0:02
an hour after start collect money and prize car: 0:15
sell prizecar: 0:15

So in a bit under a minute of actual PS2 time (added up) I'll get 1 mil cr. I think this may clarify the argument somewhat.
Bu the same token, though, you can make almost 1.5 million (1,493,749 to be precise) in this same "one minute of PS2 time" by starting up the Fuji 1000 enduro, go to work or sleep or whatever for six hours, come back and collect. So by your way of reckoning the Fuji enduro is even better than the El Capitan race. You can also run the Nurb 24 hours in the same "one minute of PS2 time" for a cool 2,793,749.

Indeed :)

No hard feelings here, okay? This is a friendly discussion.

Last edited:
Wow, Bob, I'm an idiot. Thanks for pointing that out. Pwned.

The El Cap enduro is the best in 'real time' terms because you can do it 8 or more times per day. Of course in 'game day' terms - eg if you're at week 97 and need 9 mil for a set of Black Beauties - the 'ring 24h is certainly the best option.
No hard feelings here, okay? This is a friendly discussion.
Of course not, my response was largely facetious anyway.

PF
The El Cap enduro is the best in 'real time' terms because you can do it 8 or more times per day. Of course in 'game day' terms - eg if you're at week 97 and need 9 mil for a set of Black Beauties - the 'ring 24h is certainly the best option.

Ya know, if we had a "fastest cash with least hassle" I'd certainly agree with you on the El Cap enduro. In a given amount of time, say a couple hours, one can make money in the DTM at about twice the rate as the El Cap race. But you have to sit there and babysit the thing almost constantly. With the El Cap race, as you say, you can set it, forget it, come back a couple minutes later and re-set 3X speed. And if you forget to re-set the speed it continues on its own, just not as fast. At the DTM, of course, it won't automatically go on to the next race for you if you get tied up elsewhere.

And yeah, I've run my share of El Capitan enduros for just that reason.

If you're short on game time because week 67 or week 100 is coming up, then the 'Ring 24 is absolutely the way to go. No argument from me at all on that.

Back