Mirror's Edge: Catalyst

So I've beaten the main story. Very lackluster, to say the least. The writing could have been much better. I expected a more effective resolution to things, but nope. And the characters, too... nebulous and predictable. A lot of awkward moments too that I cringed way too hard from. Not from the dialogue but how they executed the entire scene. It's just plain weird.

At least the level design was decent. Especially a few missions of the main story that really showed off what this game can do. And the music... I'm glad Solar Fields did the music for this game. Matches the world perfectly, I think. The theme song by CHVRCHES works nicely as well.

In all honesty there is potential to expand this world. It's pretty intriguing and would love to see more of it. Perhaps as DLC or as a spin-off by someone else.

Wow you already finished it.

I've been keeping myself busy looking for control chips, secret bags, gridleaks and running to the few waypoints on the map so far.

Wow you already finished it.

I've been keeping myself busy looking for control chips, secret bags, gridleaks and running to the few waypoints on the map so far.

Might do that stuff, but it feels pretty repetitive at this point. On the other hand I love the aesthetic of this game. That alone convinces me to revisit the game.

I imagine the replayability in this is the time trials. Shame they are people hacking records already.

Dang, it's already been (almost) a year? Recently I've gotten an itch to replay this game.

But maan, I wish Birdman was voiced by Morgan Freeman. Even his facial structure looks like Freeman's

Latest Posts

Back