• 2007 - CBA-R35 - Shiro Nakamura

Votes: 23 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ryk

England
Lancashire
Ryk_BRM
Which is the best looking GT-R? I just watched a Jay Leno's Garage video when he must have said "It's a good looking car" almost as many times as he said "Knee-son" rather than "Nis-san". And that got me thinking. (Dangerous stuff!)

Which of the GT-R's is the best looking to you?
This isn't about how fast it laps Deep Forest Raceway or what good value for money how well it drives or even Top Trump numbers - This is blatant, in your face caveman style "Judged on her looks."

I don't think the new (8 years old!) GT-R is that pretty a car.

Year -- Code ----- Lead Designer -- "Nickname"
1969 - KPGC10 --- Shinichiro Sakurai -- "Hakosuka"
1973 - KPGC110 -- Shinichiro Sakurai -- "Kenmeri"
1989 - E-BNR32 --- Naganori Ito
1995 - E-BCNR33 -- Kozo Watanabe
1999 - GF-BNR34 -- Kozo Watanabe
2007 - CBA-R35 ---- Shiro Nakamura

Make a vote and tell us why your pick is the best or maybe some history why you prefer that version over the others.

You can't vote for the Isuzu Bellet GT-R.

Here are pictures of the cars

C10GT-R.jpg

1973-skyline-HT-2000GT-R-front-three-quarters-in-motion.jpg

Nissan%20Skyline%20R32%20GT-R%201989.jpg

Nissan-Skyline-GTR-V-Spec-R33-1995-06IJG553102185A.jpeg

1999%20Nissan%20Skyline%20GT-R%20R34_6.jpg

White.jpg

The 2007 GT-R is very impressive in real life, but nothing can beat the 1969 model.

R32 for me. Yes it's boxy and a bit plain, but it's functional and understated in a "brawler in a suit" kind of way. Very fitting of the GT-R design ethos.

The Hakosuka is a close second btw. I never liked the Kenmeri for some reason (the rear portion is too large compared to the front) and R33/R34/R35 progressively gets fatter and fatter. Surprised to see the R34 is in the lead, no doubt the effect of the FnF generation :P

^ I also prefer the R32 followed by the Hakosuka. The Kenmeri comes in 3rd for me. You can tell they definitely took some inspiration from US muscle cars of that era such as the Mustang and Challenger. I definitely don't care for the R33 or R34 though. They aren't much faster than the R32 anyway.

I went with the 99. I don't really pay that much attention to the various years of the Skylines nor could I tell you off the top of my head the differences between the R32 R33 and R34. Even in the pictures it shows the front of the 95 and the rear of the 99 so I can't even say for sure which of those two I might like the best. I picked the 99 but I could very well favor the 95 for all I know.

KPGC10, without a doubt.

This is an unfair question, being that there's only one correct answer.

Nissan-Skyline-gtr-for-sale-custom-33230-487330.jpg

The last beautiful Skyline before it turned into a bland whale.

Lucky you said bland whale. ;)

Uh that's a difficult one for me. I love all of them.

I think the most beautiful would be the R35 for me, but TBH I don't think the others are far away.

However, I also think this thread should be moved to the Cars Subforum ;)

I really like the R32, but I have a soft spot for classics. 1st is the Kenmeri for me : for the fastback design, and it is also the most rare from all.

From the R32, I had the chance to see them all in real life.
The R32 has a nice blend in proportions, it seems to be lower thanks to its bodylines, and it also looks more raw than the following generations. A friend had until recently a white 32 with Nismo bodykit, that car has a nice stature. I also had a ride in a gunmetal 32, and though I usually hate gray cars, it fits well on the 32.

R33s are a bit dull compared to the others, and look like a big zenki S14 from the front. I like the rear a lot more on these - although the trapezoidal shape requires to get used to it, I guess.

The R34 is more impressive in real life than on pictures I have to say. It definitely looks good, though it doesn't remind you of a predator ready to jump out as much as the 32. But I like it a lot.

R35s are just too big, it looks fat and has a too high bodyline. I won't say it looks really bad, but... meh. It's not a piece of art with fine lines, and there are a lot of better looking cars IMO. Usually, my MX5 looks like a Hotwheels next to something else. Next to a R35, it looks like a Micromachine :lol: Also, I've been disappointed by the lack of sensations it provides comparatively to its power. Although I have to say even the R32, with 400hp, wasn't as good as an Impreza or an Evo on that point as well.

Back