Missile Matsuri | teamJDMT™ | CONGRATULATIONS JDM_Tuning-FD3S!

• Thread starter ReDMySTiC
  • 263 comments
Australia
Sydswag, Australia
JDM_Tuning_FA20
yeaExtraa
7QCHa.png

teamJDMT proudly presents
MISSILE MATSURI

-- Missile Matsuri -- Presented by teamJDMT -- Hosted by FA20 -- Dedicated to JZX90 (R.I.P) --

8aSmq.png

8aSkj.png

After the cancellation of the original Missile Matsuri, the competition is set to make it's return!
Firstly, myself and teamJDMT would like to dedicate the Missile Matsuri to the loss of our founder and dear friend, JDM_Tuning_JZX90. He was always proud of his team and it's members, and we will forever miss him.

Missile Matsuri is a competition designed to be run with 'Drift Missiles.' What is a drift missile you may ask?
"Ratty, cheap cars (usually of Japanese origin) built primarily for drifting. They are often made using spare parts or whatever is lying about on the workshop floor at the time.
These cars are built to be thrashed and beaten about, hence the cheapness of parts and production."

Competitors will be placed in brackets of 8 drivers, with multiple brackets. (Group A, Group B etc.)
This will allow for ATLEAST 16 DRIVERS to partake in the competition. 2 or 3 brackets may be run, this will be decided upon when brackets are being made after the sign-up process.
Certain groups will be completed by certain dates, allowing the following group to compete through their bracket and so on.
After all groups have been completed, group leaders will compete in the finals, this will determine the winner of the Missile Matsuri.
Bracket rounds will be held on SET DATES, if scheduled dates are missed by any driver, it shall be counted as forfeit.

Regulations

7QI5H.png

Rules
- At the end of each run, drivers are scored with a score shared from 10 (6-4, 9-1 etc.)
- Drivers will complete 2 runs, a lead and a chase run each, the driver with the highest combined score from their runs, wins their round.
- If drivers are awarded an equal amount of points, a OMT will be issued to the drivers. Another 2 runs will be completed as normal.
- Ripple/Rumble strips are counted as on track
- Drivers are allowed 1 tyre off track with no penalization in scoring, 2+ tyres off track will result in a lower score. All tyres off track results in 0
- Minor bumps are allowed. (we will be in missiles after all) Any bump that deviates the opposing driver off track/course/line will result in a 0, and a score of 10-0
- In the result of a spin/off track a driver will receive a 0 for their run. THIS CAN APPLY TO BOTH DRIVERS AND WILL NOT BE ANNOUNCED UNTIL END OF RUN, meaning a run can result in 0-0
- Passes are discouraged, but not illegal. A pass should only occur when the lead car deviates greatly from the competition line, and a safe pass can be made. If serious contact occurs during a pass, the chase car will receive a 0 and will result in a 10-0 for the run
- Lead car can NOT deliberately slow their drift to cause the chase driver to make contact, this will result in a 0, and 10-0 run

Criteria
Drivers will be scored on:
- Line
- Clipping points
- Angle
- Proximity
- Style
- Transition points

Lobby Organization
All lobbies will be held in Australian Eastern Standard Time (+10 UTC)
The event will be international so to try and avoid difficulty in timezones, rounds will be held on weekends during set times. There may be several lobbies in a weekend for a particular round to make is easier for international participants, although this may be difficult, missing a round will still result in a forfeit.
Lobby dates and times will be released prior to the host time, to allow for any reorganization.
Lobbies will be held in Free Run, not Drift Trial.
Tyre and Fuel depletion will be set to off.

LOBBIES WILL BE RECORDED FOR USE IN COMPETITION VIDEOS!

After contestants have entered the lobby, drivers will be called to enter the track in their pairs and the race shall start. (Race is not needed for the use of competition, but is used for ease of recording)
Drivers will finish their runs and exit the track, ready for the next pair of drivers.

THERE MAY ONLY BE LIMITED ROOM FOR SPECTATORS, SMALLER ROOMS WILL BE BENEFICIAL FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF LAG.

7QGDj.png

Last edited:
The competition is over, but if you wish to refer back to the tracks and the sections for any reason. I'll leave the line videos below!
Track 1: Circuito de Madrid

Line Video

Track 2: Special Stage Route 5 (Reverse)

Line Video

Last edited:
STANDINGS
Unfortunately guys, the Missile Matsuri has come to an end!
The competition has been a great success, and provided myself and all the drivers with an experience that made Gran Turismo a little more interesting of the past 6 days!
There were many great battles and i can't thank the drivers enough for the support they've had for the competition, and obviously, without them would be no competition.

If you wanted to check the Missile Matsuri's driver list, it is available here!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avn_VJzFJZYUdEZ6OEc4QWNkd2Jpa1RNVElQckRtbEE#gid=0

If you wanted to check up on all the battle scores for the Madrid runs, they are available here!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avn_VJzFJZYUdC1fRUpIMW14bldnbWtyVVJ5dTZ6bFE&usp=sharing

And, if you wanted to check up on the finals scores, they are available here!
http://challonge.com/MatsuriCompFinals#

But of course, without Further Delay, Here are the standings!

Group A

Bracket
8aQ4K.png

Group Leader

8aSej.png

Group B

Bracket

8aKBk.png

Group Leader

8aSi2.png

FINALS

Bracket

8aOHZ.png

Podium
8aSkj.png

Once again, thank you all for your support, i had a lot of fun running this competition, although i must admit, it became a handful due to my time restraints, but i stay dedicated so i wouldn't disappoint you guys!
Hope everyone had fun, and congratulations to the podium drivers!

See you all next time ;)
-- Missile Matsuri -- Presented by teamJDMT -- Hosted by FA20 -- Dedicated to JZX90 (R.I.P) --

Last edited:
Im in!!!
GTPlanet Name: Cheese7killer
PSN: JDM_Tuning_FC20B
Event Car: Nissan S13 Silvia
Team: teamJDMT

No use of Nos right?

Im in!!!
GTPlanet Name: Cheese7killer
PSN: JDM_Tuning_FC20B
Event Car: Nissan S13 Silvia

No use of Nos right?

Nope, i'll add that to the OP real quick.
I was tossing that idea up and couldn't decide so i must have forgot about it! Thanks for the reminder 👍

Edit: Fixed

You see missiles getting around in small comps in real life?
People gotta start their journey somewhere.
Also, drifting missiles is fun, and provides a more even playing field.

Plus, you did sign up to our original Missile Matsuri..
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/teamjdmt™-missile-matsuri-465pp-cancelled.293584/

The definition of a missile is if you own a competition car and use a car made of scrap parts to practice and have fun with. The cars you see in Proam may not look like professional cars but they are their only comp cars, fancy paint or not.

I did however sign up for it, but it never was a competition where you are finishing but for best damage, wall ride, etc.

I'm down for this :D
GTP Name: JDM_Tuning_S3OZ
PSN: JDM_Tuning_S3OZ
Event Car: Volvo 240 GLT Estate '88

Last edited:
GTP Name: Sai
PSN: iSaisoku
Event Car: Nissan Skyline R32 GTS
Team: Garage D-Material

Last edited:
GTPlanet Name: iTranz
PSN: JDM_Tuning_ZN86
Event Car: Mazda RX-7 FC GT-X

Long as it ain't on the holidays fgggggt

Last edited:
GTP Name: JDM SRE70
PSN: JDM_Tuning-SRE70
Event Car: To be decided

GTPlanet Name: SmokedBump
PSN: shakeOtan
Event Car Name: To Be Decided
Team: TeamDriftworks

GTPlanet Name: TH137Z
PSN: TH137Z
Event Car Name: Toyota Celica XX
Team: Rapid Crab Drifters

GTP Name: JR86
PSN: JDM_Tuning_JR86
Event Car: AE86

GTPlanet Name: JDM 2JZN6
PSN: JDM_Tuning_2JZN6
Event Car: to be decided

GTPlanet Name: SLaBaTaC
PSN: SLaBaTaC
Event Car Name: TBC
Team: Rapid Crab Drifters

Would you allow my v8s??? With stage 3 engine and stage 2 exhaust plus power limiter @ 80% it only makes 311bhp. And 499pp. The power limiter is only there to stop the power band from running out. Also the car is a 91 model so its at a ripe age for this event.

Last edited:
GTPlanet Name: NeilSean
PSN: JDM_Tuning_JHG50
Event Car: TBC

Would you allow my v8s??? With stage 3 engine and stage 2 exhaust plus power limiter @ 80% it only makes 311bhp. And 499pp. The power limiter is only there to stop the power band from running out. Also the car is a 91 model so its at a ripe age for this event.
I would much prefer it if you didn't..

Good to see someone else hosting a competition :D I see them sly lines you took from the H2H here and there ;) :lol:

GTPlanet Name: Stavingo
PSN: Stavingo
Team: Southern Sliderz

Good to see someone else hosting a competition :D I see them sly lines you took from the H2H here and there ;) :lol:

GTPlanet Name: Stavingo
PSN: Stavingo
Team: Southern Sliderz

There were a few things in H2H that I liked that aren't in most competitions, and I wish were in more. So I'm intergrating them into here as well

There were a few things in H2H that I liked that aren't in most competitions, and I wish were in more. So I'm intergrating them into here as well

Ahh fair enough, good to see you got some good points from H2H, I'm happy for ya 👍

Back