Mission 27 - Mazda Showdown (Mazda 787B)

• Thread starter Swift
  • 26 comments
For those who can't identify this mission.. It is 1 Lap Magic: Mazda Showdown (Mazda 787B)

My advice for this mission is "take it easy". This car gets squirrely on the first turn or any turn at full gas so just ease into the gas coming out of every corner and then once you are just about getting the wheel straight, floor it. I got this on my third try so if I can you can if you haven't beaten it already. As for passing you're just going to want to pass them on a straight. Sometimes I had to jump infront just before a turn. I beat the lead car by only around two seconds...

It's not THAT hard since the 787B has nice acceleration and handling and perfect braking power.. If you can manage well you can pass the lead car just after the last turn..

Keep the car controlled and ease it around. racing your tits off just sends it into the gravel. i managed this after doing the 3 lap magic with the Ford GT Spec II, so i suggest attempting that first as it has silimar characteristics and gets Laguna imprinted into your head. i managed to pass this with a MAJOR offcourse excursion off the second to last sweeping corner where i understeered and flew into the gravel, missing the pitwall and just stopping short of hitting the RX7 in the rear. also the CPU seems to take the final corner a bit slowly, so get inside of them right and you can floor it to the finish

The only thing in this mission that really shocked me was the power of the 787B. It was a superb car in GT3, but in GT4 it must be a real overkiller against anything. As you might guess, this was an easy mission.

i won this by about 0.007 seconds i think. i was fourth coming out of the last corner, and just managed to slipstream everyone to the line :)

If You Can Pass The Race Car Rx7 Before The Turn Before Corckscrew Straight You Can Win

F:\GT4\Driving Mission Victory - Laguna Seca.JPG

GeorgeMorley
If You Can Pass The Race Car Rx7 Before The Turn Before Corckscrew Straight You Can Win

F:\GT4\Driving Mission Victory - Laguna Seca.JPG

Use imageshack.us to host images 👍 Because, unfortunately for us, we don't have access to your F drive :sly: :D

Also, this is just a personal thing, but I can't stand it when Every Word Is Capitalized Like This :ill: :yuck:

I am a below average driver, and took a little while learning this, but eventually won by about .5 seconds. The worst thing is that the first place car is so slow you can't tell whether you've got a chance of winning, or whether you should just retry. :) The time I won, the RX-7 and RX-8 hadn't quite got beside each other yet. This is good practice for Mission 12, which everyone agrees is much harder.

The last turn had two cars close to each other. You may have to end up passing them in such a way.

I had taken this mission at the last second. Two off-tracks and I still succeeded.

yeah, easy one. first try, never driven a 787B before - I did a couple of laps in a pagani zonda lm car to get some practice, but the 787B is a bunch faster than even that thing! lost it big time in the second turn and the low gear left hander just before the fast left hander under the bridge, but slogged through the sand and still won. the lead car looks like it's absolutely standing still when you pass...:P

MISSION 27

Here's a map of the circuit for this mission, with the gears listed for each corner, and brake zones in yellow.
mission27.jpg

Keys:
-The 787B has outstanding brakes. Brake late, and brake hard.
-Be careful not to hit anyone in the final hairpin.

Disclaimer: This is how I drive the mission. I have a conservative, smooth driving style, so your braking tendencies may not match, but it should give you some idea of where to brake, and how much. Throttle-lifts are NOT shown, but it's not hard to figure out when you should lift. The time reference is for the NTSC version only.

Wow, beat this one on the first attempt! What a brilliant car to drive. Still, had a sticky moment exiting the last tight left-hander. Had to thread the needle between two cars, went straight between them. Was a bit lucky :)

It seems as though this Mission starts and ends very quickly. And it does. I would say this is an average skill Mission. The Mazda is very fast so you can practically make up for any mistakes you make (maybe not going into the sand, though).

A good way to win is to take your time, stay on the track and avoid a bumping penalty. For the video I ran a very conservative race and easily beat the Mazda 110S. If you beat the RX-7 to the corkscrew you will win the race by a huge margin. Although I gently tiptoed around a couple of slower cars, the speed of the 787B easily made up for it. It's a good practice race for the three lap Laguna Race using the Ford GT LM. I guess the two most critical sections at Laguna Seca are the left-hand uphill sweeper to the corkscrew and the corkscrew itself.

This is the sample video for the race (NTSC, DS2, MT):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOzssyJlsVA

i loved this one. it was pretty easy and i cleared it in about 5 tries including restarts. while i wait i just read here on where i should be by certain times lol. keeps the boredom down hehe

Won by .100 or something at the second try, first one i spinned in the corkscrew :banghead:

I can't even win this one after many many many tries. I am going to give up on these later driving missions. I just can't get them down. I'm about to throw my DFP wheel through the window.

It takes some time to get use to the cars in the driving mission.

Next time you try this mission, don't be so focused on winning, spend time getting use to the car and track. Some of the later missions I beat while just focusing on the track and car. Pinpointing where you need you brake and turn in will make a huge difference in these tests.

Just passed this one. Won by .146 or so seconds, passing the 110S right before the line. It wasn't too hard after I got the hang of driving the car. I was prone to screwing up in the first corner, but no longer. Now I only need to do the Honda and Corvette singles to get me a Toyota 7!

But it's knowing that you have it, anyone can win the Minolta.
The 7 is a bit harder but still meh. I think it is under 4000mm so it can go in compact cup, which is fun with a Can-am.

Bopop4
But it's knowing that you have it, anyone can win the Minolta.
The 7 is a bit harder but still meh. I think it is under 4000mm so it can go in compact cup, which is fun with a Can-am.

Yeah but at the time of that comment I was trying to win the gt world championship (I only recently rediscovered gt4) and I was told that the 7 is statistically better than the Minolta, so when I finally finished the Suzuka mission with that drift monkey nsx only to be blown away by the sauber c9 in the world championship, I was more than a bit pissed off.
In short, at the time of posting that comment I was only looking for a car to win the world championship.

Back