Mission 32 - Ford GT at Seattle

• Thread starter Swift
  • 22 comments
I used that very simple tactic developed by the Finnish rally driver Markku Alén - "first flat-out, then a little faster" and completed this on my first try.

I found this mission pretty easy, brake early and use the curbs to your full advantage. You should be passing the first place car on the exit of the last corner on the main straight.

You can quite easily pass the first place car in the right-hander at the bottom of the hill. That's where i passed him, and i took the downhill run quite slow because i wanted the replay to look realistic.

Got this one on my second attempt. Definately use a lot of curb as it dosn't upset the car at all.

stupidly easy test. i'd never driven seattle reverse, i have no idea how to do the downhill steps so I took them at full speed and ploughed majestically into the wall at the end, resulting in a five second penalty...and still won with ease. still an annoying car on an annoying track, but thankfully, not hard to beat.

I overtook the taurus on the straight leading up to the hairpin, won by around 6 seconds

Mick777
You can quite easily pass the first place car in the right-hander at the bottom of the hill. That's where i passed him, and i took the downhill run quite slow because i wanted the replay to look realistic.

Also taking it slowly stops you a) slamming into the barrier at the end or b) doing a complete 360-spin when you land back down :ouch:

Easy enough mission - just be smooth, keep the throttle on to balance the car into turns, and watch out for understeer when bouncing off kerbs. I also got the Taurus just after the right-hander at the bottom of the hill, after 2 attempts, both involving crashing downhill.

Wow, once you get over the hellish understeer PD gave this particular GT, this mission is dead easy. I even got penalty at the bottom of the hill and still won by a second.

MISSION 32

Here's a map of the circuit for this mission, with the gears listed for each corner, and brake zones in yellow.
mission32.jpg

Keys:
-Brake early, as the GT has less-than-excellent brakes.
-Keep the car straight through the jumps on James Street. Otherwise, you'll become acquainted with Mr. Armco.

Disclaimer: This is how I drive the mission. I have a conservative, smooth driving style, so your braking tendencies may not match, but it should give you some idea of where to brake, and how much. Throttle-lifts are NOT shown, but it's not hard to figure out when you should lift. The time reference is for the NTSC version only.

Dead easy. First attempt - two penalties, lost by .2 sec.

Won by 1.4 sec second go, one penalty.

I hope the real Ford GT doesn't corner that poorly.

Brake EARLY and accelerate out...like usual. Car understeers bad if using gas, but handles corners better if you coast through. /shrug

wipplewits
I hope the real Ford GT doesn't corner that poorly.
It doesn't. PD ****ed with the settings and driving aids for this particular test, giving the car uncharacteristically hellish understeer. The normal GTs handle just fine though, they're fun cars.

Very easy Driving Mission ,,, passed first go!

Just remember slow in fast out works wonders (and so do the curbs)

Completed this on my first try and beat the Taurus by 3.1 seconds

Regards

I guess in this Mission you just need to pick a good line going around turns and be well-aimed and straight going down the stairsteps. :lol: Who said cars can't fly? Well, this Ford GT tries to. I used the wall there so the Ford GT didn't get too squirrely. It is an easy race to win but I suppose it's good practice for beginners since you need to be careful by not overdriving. The Ford GT seems to have a fairly soft suspension and medium grip tires (NTSC, DS2, MT). Here's a sample video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAwRbjh7TNY

I found unless you let off the gas when jumping, the car would nosedive and lose control on landing, meaning the Shelby runs away from you through the last three 90 corners.

I didn't pass the SHO until the final kink in the straight, but it wasn't hard to beat him.

Completed 32 tonight. MOV.5. Not the cleanest run either. Pretty easy. 8 practice laps in arcade and 8th try overall. Must have been all the time I put in on #12. Same basic car but sport tires.

I must have found this annoying before, because I had left it undone even thought I'd picked off various missions up there. But, by my standards, I finished it pretty quickly after having taken a long time to do Mission 14 (Seattle Forward in the Superbird).

If you're a little too slow, you can then waste time stuck behind 3rd and/or 4th place in the twisty bit. And I found it easy to lose control on the hill, especially if I was on an otherwise good run. The downhill section seems like an arcade driving game.

Doing it immediately after the Superbird probably helped me tolerate the tires, as well as be somewhat familiar with the terrain, even if it was in the opposite direction.

One of the easier missions. As we have aids on, the car is quite stable, and it handles pretty good too. Just watch out for the walls. It can be hard to judge braking points as well as the car's brakes are excellent, but the track is so tight. Got it on like my third try though. Passed the Taurus in the middle of the straight, winning by 2.5 seconds. Now all I have left is the dreaded MISSION 34, and then I have my Nissan.

At first lap i have told to myself, omg, i can't do it. Somehow i push the throttle and at the last lap i catch him on the last corner. -00.01.277

Back