Mk8 Golf spied roaming South Africa

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 133 comments
Are those stickers making up the intakes on the lower portion of the front grille? The far-side looks... off.

The camo design is really trippy. Because it is in factory paint, you would think the car is nearly undisguised but it has all the key design elements covered up by mock Golf Mk7 stickers. The bumpers, lights and even the rear spoiler (on the yellow prototype) has been disguised to make it look like a distorted Mk7.

The camo design is really trippy. Because it is in factory paint, you would think the car is nearly undisguised but it has all the key design elements covered up by mock Golf Mk7 stickers. The bumpers, lights and even the rear spoiler (on the yellow prototype) has been disguised to make it look like a distorted Mk7.
Yeah hahahah the stickers make it look like a weird mk7. Clever. Seemes to have tricked a lot of people.

vw-golf-001.jpg

https://www.evo.co.uk/volkswagen/go...ndisguised-life-for-the-focus-is-about-to-get

I think it looks awful.

I think VW have lost the plot with their designs lately. There’s little sense of any design language between models, they just seem intent on making them as fussy as possible.

They all look bloated and like they’re copying the cheaper Asian brands.

I have always like Golf and I still do. This new model is very Golf-like and recognizable, which is IMO a good thing.

Actually not surprised VW is questioning bringing the MK8 Golf and SportWagen. They sell more GTI's than Golf's..

H7dcWcX.png
xSST8ZU.png

Seems like Mercedes-Benz has been letting someone copy their homework for merging two tablet-like displays for the infotainment and dashboard displays. :sly: I do appreciate VW's spin on things, the curve in the middle and angle of the centre screen will probably make it more user-friendly, if a little less photogenic.

I think that's only a concept sketch. That's probably what a designer had in mind, however when the design was sent to the engineers, they chose to use cheap plastic instead to save cost and such.

Hopefully it's just prototype casing, cause it looks awful. And yeah, there's no difference between the concept sketch and the actual car, it just has the manual gearbox.

I think that's only a concept sketch. That's probably what a designer had in mind, however when the design was sent to the engineers, they chose to use cheap plastic instead to save cost and such.

We call it "Value Engineering" :lol:

Once it's done....there's no going back.

Wow that front end looks absolutely miserable. It looks like someone has gently melted and re-set the car from the A pillars forwards. Or that the front bit is falling off.

It sure has a nice stance from the rear. It's interesting they are using a GTI-style front bumper on what doesn't even appear to be a base model, I wonder if that look will be carried across the whole range.

Also, here is another shot of the interior, this time featuring a high-spec model.
VW-Golf-2020.jpg

Back