MLB 2015 Season

• Thread starter Blitz24
  • 717 comments
MLB Network picture quality was better than FOX's as well.

Although that better quality seemed to have come at the price of a 28 second delay.
The delay was more than worth it because it meant that I didn't have to hear Joe Buck for a chunk of the game.

I'm sorry I didn't try to hype up the World Series match last night. It wasn't because I was still wished the Astros got there; I just forgot. So the World Series continues tonight with Game 2. Kansas City won last night's game with a 5-4 victory over the Mets. Tonight, it's deGrom (NYM) vs. Cueto (KC). Johnny Cueto was the pitcher for when KC knocked out my Astros in the ALDS. Let's see if the Mets can make it a 1-1 series, or if the Royals can go ahead 2-0. The fun takes place in Kansas City, MO.

perezpinetar.jpg

So when the Pitcher has it, it's illegal, but when the catcher coats the ball with the substance to give to the pitcher, it is perfectly legal. This according to the Royals manager Ned Yost and Mets manager Terry Collins. MLB needs to fine and suspend the umpiring crew, especially the home plate umpire, for not catching this BS.

Your closer is awful, he's blown both of his saves... If the Royals win tonight though I think it is over. It ain't over yet...

Ok, it's over for tonight. This series is going to be tight...

Last edited:
5-3, Royals. Kansas City is now up 3-1 in the 2015 World Series. It was a win for Ryan Madson and a Save for Wade Davis. For the Mets, it was Tyler Clippard taking the loss. Game 5 is tomorrow in Flushing, NY. The Mets want their postseason to last at least one more day. They have that chance if they can win tomorrow.

Cespedes the regular season player and Murphy the LCS player both have let the team down in the world series. Everyone has been a let down pretty much except for Syndergaard.

Harvey, deGrom and Syndergaard for the next three games. This is far from over.

Except they need to win all 3 AND have the team hit. Familia is not available tomorrow most likely and Clippard can't be let anywhere near the mound after that choke job he put on.

Doubt we will see Goldilocks again. If it had been any other pitcher that sucker would have been drilled when he came up. Ventura isn't going to get the benefit of the doubt & would get tossed. I think they still should have drilled him.

Sanji, the only player the are not allowed to have pine tar are pitchers. Take it up with MLB. Pitchers aren't allowed anything that could give them an advantage. So no pine tar, no grease, & no who knows what...

Last edited:
Doubt we will see Goldilocks again. If it had been any other pitcher that sucker would have been drilled when he came up. Ventura isn't going to get the benefit of the doubt & would get tossed. I think they still should have drilled him.

Sanji, the only player the are not allowed to have pine tar are pitchers. Take it up with MLB. Pitchers aren't allowed anything that could give them an advantage. So no pine tar, no grease, & no who knows what...
You do realize that starting a brawl in the World Series is the WRONG way to make your point known. Royals start head hunting in game 4 the Mets will be glad to let them get thrown out.

And that's wrong. Seem to remember a certain Royal being thrown out of a game for too much pine tar on his bat.

I don't think they started the head hunting, & they did not go down that road. I stated I would have told my pitcher to drill him. Ventura isn't the guy to have do that though. You don't carry it over to the next game, you take care of it then & there. It doesn't matter at this point as that game is over, & none of your other pitchers are going to try that. You only get away with something like that once, you going to be heading for the showers if you are the second guy to do it.

GtPorsche, what part of this do you not understand, no player is restricted from having pine tar except pitcher. take it up with MLB if you have a problem with it. That is why the Met's manager blew it off. I noticed it was still there this game too. If it wasn't legal they sure would have protested.

Last edited:
I usually don't trust ventura after the stupid crap he pulled earlier this year against the white sox which caused well....... you know

I don't think they started the head hunting, & they did not go down that road. I stated I would have told my pitcher to drill him. Ventura isn't the guy to have do that though. You don't carry it over to the next game, you take care of it then & there. It doesn't matter at this point as that game is over, & none of your other pitchers are going to try that. You only get away with something like that once, you going to be heading for the showers if you are the second guy to do it.
They won't get away with it period. You drill Harvey you're asking for trouble. If they wanted to do it at all they should have done it last night.

They won't get away with it period. You drill Harvey you're asking for trouble. If they wanted to do it at all they should have done it last night.
Flores did get hit... and Murphy almost did, and another one who I forget.

I don't think the Royals' pitchers will drill anyone. The only one that deserves to be drilled is Goldilocks, & we won't see him again.

No one needs to be drilled... especially in the World Series on the back end of a pitch that missed it's location. :rolleyes:

Edit: Besides, the Royals won't get the chance if he does start a game because they'll be in KC.

I don't think the Royals' pitchers will drill anyone. The only one that deserves to be drilled is Goldilocks, & we won't see him again.
If the Royals do see him again it won't be until next year's World Series.

Back