MLB 2015 Season

• Thread starter Blitz24
  • 717 comments
X8Ufi_zps62cda975.gif

My son was born in 86, always subjected to garbage baseball is blowing up my phone:) Gotta love it:)
That weight challenged lady is warming up stage left...

My FOX HD channel disappeared from the TV completely.

This is Joe Buck's fault.

I didn't get to see the final out of the game. Every local channel went dead.

Last edited:
Him yelling when the Royals got hits was ridiculously unprofessional. Broadcasters are suppose to be unbiased.

We've hated the bastard here in KC since the beginning. Does anyone actually like Joe Buck?

Perez deserved MVP. :D

After being denied last season, the Kansas City Royals won the 2015 World Series. So my Astros lost to the eventual champions, which makes it feel even more damning that My Astros couldn't beat out the Royals after the Game 4 ALDS collapse and the Game 5 ALDS b:censored:slapping in Kansas City. The New York Mets surely proved this season to no longer be that team living in the shadow of the New York Yankees. The Mets may likely make the World Series again in the near future and possibly have better luck winning it all.

The 2015 season is over. 30 teams had the same dream- make it to and win the World Series. 30 competed; 10 advanced through talent and/or luck. Those 10 then became 8. The eight survivors became 4. Those 4 would become 2. And the 2 became 1. Along this Fantastic Voyage of baseball, proven powers shown their strength. Others, like my Astros, have shown to be pleasant surprises. There were quite powerful teams like Toronto, St. Louis, the Chicago Cubs, Texas, and others. Other teams have been down in the dumps record-wise like Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Oakland, Miami, and others. There were solid players who prove themselves consistently with consistent hitting and good fielding of the ball. There has been solid pitching from starting pitchers. Bullpen support has helped or hurt teams. Baseball. What a sport.

If you want to look back at this past season, please do so. Share your thoughts on almost any aspect(s) of this past season. I'll surely offer some thoughts on my Astros on 2015.

The Tigers went from being good to being a dumpster fire. It was kind of inevitable given that the "buy-now" method didn't work at all and a lot of the vets spent a lot of time on the DL this season. Hopefully they'll be better next year, and congrats to the Royals, our AL Central foes, for winning the World Series.

I'm happy for Cueto and Volquez. And I didn't even realize that Jonny Gomes was on the Royals as well until I saw him in the dugout in game 1 congratulating Escobar after the inside-the-park home run. So good for him, too. Just wish they all would have been current Reds when this happened rather than ex-Reds. :lol:

Well, the Royal's victory parade was held today. They expected 200,000 people, & now they are estimating 800,000 showed up. Needless to say the traffic is still tied up. If I recall there is approx 2 million in the KC metro area. The schools shut down as didn't figure most of the kids would show up. Pictures from a drone looked like somebody had kicked an anthill full of blue ants. Only 3 arrested, all alcohol related most likely. They had school buses shuttling people as the city bus system was overloaded. Whole lot of happy people in KC today.

We've hated the bastard here in KC since the beginning. Does anyone actually like Joe Buck?
He is actually pretty fair when he commentates Dallas Cowboys games (since he is often paired with Troy Aikman), other than that, he is overrated.

Well, the Royal's victory parade was held today. They expected 200,000 people, & now they are estimating 800,000 showed up. Needless to say the traffic is still tied up. If I recall there is approx 2 million in the KC metro area. The schools shut down as didn't figure most of the kids would show up. Pictures from a drone looked like somebody had kicked an anthill full of blue ants. Only 3 arrested, all alcohol related most likely. They had school buses shuttling people as the city bus system was overloaded. Whole lot of happy people in KC today.

KC proper has a population of 467,000. The metro area has 2.5 million, but in area is huge. 800,000 in front of Union Station is insane. No cars on fire, no killings, no riots. Take an example, America. This how Royalty parties.

I guess now is the time to talk about my Astros for 2015.

I am not sold on the "Astros 2017 World Series Champions" prediction. If 2015 was any indication, the Astros were ahead of schedule. I haven't seen my team on TV consistently since Astros' coverage went from FOX Sports Houston to CSN Houston, which is now ROOT Sports Southwest. So it isn't like I've actively watched my Astros in action. The 2015 Astros have been a very pleasant surprise. With better play late in the season, we could have won the AL West. I was proud of guys like Dallas Keuchel, George Springer, Jose Altuve, Carlos Correa, Evan Gattis, Colby Rasmus, Luis Valbuena, and others. My biggest disappointment was that Houston could have knocked off Kansas City in the ALDS, only to fail late in Game 4 followed by us getting beat down in KC. And where did Kansas City end up? World Series champs. Only thing I hope for is that the Astros consistently play winning baseball. If they keep playing the way they did this season (and maybe do some things a bit better), this team will probably be the next Kansas City. Of course, the Astros have NEVER won the World Series unlike the Royals winning it all previously. They never even won a World Series game (swept by CHW in 2005). All I can say is that the future is bright for the Astros. Can the Astros parlay their successes from this past season and go further than they did in 2015? Could they even be a team that wins 90+ games? Pending an absolutely ballin' performance, they may even equate the 1998 Houston Astros in terms of being a 100+ win team. I sure would have loved to see the Astros progress further in the playoffs than they did this past season.

The one thing I was pleased about was how much people respected the Houston Astros this season. Maybe it was this team being a low-payroll team that churned out many wins and banged balls out of the park with regularity ("you hang 'em, we bang 'em"). Maybe some others respected us because we blanked the Yankees in the AL Wild Card game. I didn't have unrealistic expectations for the Astros, but the Astros did an amazing job this season. Even if we went 0-162, I'm still an Astros fan and still proud of my beloved MLB team. I guess I'm most happy people no longer are looking at the Astros as the "LASTros." Earning respect from others is always a great thing.

Needless to say, I'd love for the new season to come around quickly to see if the Astros can build upon their 2015 successes in 2016 and go better. I am actually not really into baseball all that much, but I do love my Houston Astros and am proud of how well they've done. I'm even proud of the Fresno Grizzlies (Houston's Triple-A baseball affiliate) winning the championship in Minor League Baseball. Once again- the future is bright for the Houston Astros. Now if only they can finally return to and win the World Series...

And finally... this concludes my assessment of the 2015 Houston Astros.

He is actually pretty fair when he commentates Dallas Cowboys games (since he is often paired with Troy Aikman), other than that, he is overrated.
He's a Cowboys fan and Troy Aikman is the former QB of the team.. of course they're going to be "fair" when calling Cowboys games.

Wish Aramis Ramirez the best in his retirement. After 17 or 18 seasons in Major League Baseball, he's hanging it up. Thoughts on Aramis Ramirez? Hall of Famer perhaps?

Wish Aramis Ramirez the best in his retirement. After 17 or 18 seasons in Major League Baseball, he's hanging it up. Thoughts on Aramis Ramirez? Hall of Famer perhaps?
I doubt it. His power numbers put him up with Nettles and Matt Williams but his defense was never more than avg ( I'm being kind) and a .952 Fld% is way down the list. Throw in Gary Gaetti and Ron Cey who were both better all-around players and never got into the hall and it is even less likely.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/jaws_3B.shtml

Angels traded for Andrelton Simmons, did not see that coming. Love it.
I could question both sides on that trade. Possibly paid too much by Los Angeles and possibly got too little for Atlanta.

I could question both sides on that trade. Possibly paid too much by Los Angeles and possibly got too little for Atlanta.

It just hinges on how Nuke pans out. I'd be surprised if Atlanta doesn't flip Aybar somewhere else as well.

To see some of whom the Baseball Writers' Association of America voted on to win certain awards, check this out: http://bbwaa.com/

My man Dallas Keuchel (AL, Houston) and Jake Arietta (NL, Chicago Cubs) are your Cy Young winners. Check out the website for more winners by the BBWAA. Congratulations to all award winners from this past season.

Back