[Mod] Gran Turismo 2.1

Not necessarily, but at least find ways to make those duplicate-ish cars different from eac other. Such as different liveries, custom widebodies, or something like that.

Not necessarily, but at least find ways to make those duplicate-ish cars different from eac other. Such as different liveries, custom widebodies, or something like that.
have you thought about erasing duplicates in favour for "hot" versions of cars that dont exist in the game? like the focus rs, puma rs, m3 e46, m3 compact, fc infini iv, 206 rc, clio sport, lupo and polo gti, 156 gta, astra opc, corsa gsi, 155 q4, beetle rsi, sportka, tt quattro sport, mondeo st200, a 3 door xsara 2.0 16v (or a 5 door 2.0 xsara in case you can't)...

Last edited:
I mean, most of what you're listing here came out after GT2 got released, so no.
M3 Compact maybe, since the E36 gen M3s are old enough.
FCRX7 Infini 4, how is it different to a 3?
The Corsa is already the GSi in GT2.
Xsara VTS 167 i've been thinking about.

They're all great choices, but i won't consider anything that came out after 1999.

I mean, most of what you're listing here came out after GT2 got released, so no.
M3 Compact maybe, since the E36 gen M3s are old enough.
FCRX7 Infini 4, how is it different to a 3?
The Corsa is already the GSi in GT2.
Xsara VTS 167 i've been thinking about.

They're all great choices, but i won't consider anything that came out after 1999.
the fc infini iv is just a more powerful version that comes in green with bbs new to 99 were the puma rs, the clio sport 172, the st200 mondeo and the astra opc, the 155 q4 is from 92 or something, plus theres also the stradale model (1 unit built), the corsa in gt2 is a sport, which is a detuned version of the gsi since the gsi was a phase 1 model, if you ever want to introduce a new car hit me up and i'll research it for you :)

Last edited:
i love i want to make you happy. im blessing your project with increased creativity inginuity genious hypothesis and focus and drive

Any update on that?
Well hey, it could also relase this year. I've been looking at this thread for over a year, I'm really excited to see play the mod in any way! But you know, we do have to be patient, it's just one person doing all the work.

Yeah sorry. I do try to do as much as i can, but i also lack motivation at times, so it's taking forever ^^'
Juggling a day job and modding just exhausts me hah. Kinda wish i could go back to my neet days, i'd be working on this day and night lol
Anyways, yeah i'm sorry guys, but i still wish for this to not become vapourware! Soooo... thanks for your patience

The E36 M3 isn't in GT2 originally is it?

Maybe put that in and have the RM as the M3 GTR?

Make the standard RM's look like the BTCC/STW cars. The coupes could look like the early BTCC 318/320 coupe for RM?

Got three coupes and one sedan/saloon so maybe two sedans, two coupes?

320ci > VLM BTCC 1992 winner non-aero RM
c6a54e21.jpg

M3 Coupe > M3 GTR
120609296_373027567437658_3116313602488427055_n.jpg

318/320i > BTCC 1993 winner non-aero RM
B31I6416.jpg

328i > later aero kit supertourer RM
a7c550be8f252dc52a22ce71d4e6ebd0.jpg

Something like that would be nice.

Attachments

• 1674773031253.jpeg
    1674773031253.jpeg
    8.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
That sort of thinking is exactly what i would like to do with cars that have duplicate RMs. I don't yet know whta cars i'll add, an M3 would be great, but that's def something i'll consider doing if i go that way
However, with the limited space to add cars in the game, i'm first gonna focus on editing existing cars before adding new ones methinks.
Ideally, i would create ahead of time all of the cars i'll eventually add, using with placeholder data, so that i could update the mod without ruining everyone's save data in the process. Lots of planning however for that to happen.

Last edited:
Also considering i'm not expecting everyone to like the songs i've chosen, depending on how hard it is, i might make 2 versions of the patches, the second of which keeps the original OST.
Is there a guide around to replacing the tracks in GT2? I'm already aware of the track length limit.
On a side note, how exactly does the game 'pick' songs? It seems to always 'prefer' one or two specific songs during a specific power cycle...

I believe there is a tutorial floating somewhere on GTP, but i'd need to find it, been years.
So far we've not found anything pointing towards the game being anything but randomized for the music to play, but keep in mind there are only 6 songs to pick from in any region, so it's bound to feel repetitive even if you actually hear 3-4 different ones in succession.

I wonder if someone can add the Nascar cars from that era like the Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Pontiac Grand Prix, Ford Taurus onto Gran Turismo 2 as a part of the Special section in the dealerships. And maybe add back the lost cars from GT2.

Last edited:
Curios what's broken about TCS, I've been using it on Skylines to shorten the drifting and get sharper turns but maybe it's just in my head.

TCS in the vanilla game has its sensitivity value set so low that even at max power it barely does anything, merely randomly cutting off the throttle for half a second or so.
I increased its sensitivity by factor of something like 10x and now it responds very close to how it works in GT3.

Back