[Mod] Gran Turismo 2.1

France
Here and there...
SUBMANIAC
Yep. I've swapped it in place of Super Speedway in the GT All Stars for example, because i added tire wear to the series and SS's pitlane entry is bugged for the AIs.
But that was all before menus were editable, so i might change a few more tracks here and there for added variety. Hopefully to have a good balance of as many tracks as possible.

As for a demo, i'd love to yeah, but i'd like to have at least a few more events than just the Sunday Cup to show off the AI's i've created before that.
Main problems comes from me doing everything a little bit at a time instead of focusing on one thing and moving on, but that's so that i don't get bored doing repetitive tasks x)

Ps: because of what i've been used to all my life, any eventual demo will be for the PAL version for now

Russian Federation
Russian Federation
We all know that GT2 does not know how to determine the class of the car, i.e. NSX can participate in the Wagon Cup. Is it possible to make a similar restriction for all cars, as for example with BMW with a ban on buying wheels? And yet, in Super Touring, the power limit is too high, the S4 easily wins. Is it possible to reduce the restriction?

France
Here and there...
SUBMANIAC
We can only use existing restriction flags so it's impossible to force people to use the right type of cars fir every cup. That'll always be up to the players to decide.
As for the ST champ yeah, it's planned.

Czech Republic
Prague
karelpipa
We all know that GT2 does not know how to determine the class of the car, i.e. NSX can participate in the Wagon Cup. Is it possible to make a similar restriction for all cars, as for example with BMW with a ban on buying wheels? And yet, in Super Touring, the power limit is too high, the S4 easily wins. Is it possible to reduce the restriction?
you dont have to use the power close to the max restricition. AI usually have 100 or even 200hp less.

Epic B

Looking for the light
Premium
Canada
On the run
NaveekDarkroom
We can only use existing restriction flags so it's impossible to force people to use the right type of cars fir every cup. That'll always be up to the players to decide.
As for the ST champ yeah, it's planned.
What horsepower limit were you planning for Super Touring? I was thinking 394 would be good.

France
Here and there...
SUBMANIAC
@karelpipa They actually don't, but because they only have power added via a multiplier without stuff that would make them handle it well, it feels like that. GT2.1 will be much tougher in that regard i think. We'll see if i need to balance it out a little.

@Epic B about 330ps, as i'll be retuning all of the cars with supertouring Racing Mods to match their irl specs as much as possible when upgraded. Power will be down, but the competitivity will be way up thanks to proper upgrades.
As long as i don't make the game impossible, i'll make opponents that are truly tuned up to the power restrictions.

Czech Republic
Prague
karelpipa
Thats great. Especially supertourers were leaning like hell in corners. It was easy to see how pd did the tuning in lazy way :D

Russian Federation
Russian Federation
I have a suggestion. The C4 below is the only one of the Corvettes that participated in Le Mans. And all C4 in the game have a similar body.
corvette-zr1_1-1.jpg

Italy
Italy
Hi, I work with blender to create models for a free to play war game, it was a while that I was waiting for the possibility of adding new vehicles to the GT2.

I would like to introduce a few cut cars from the main game, if you are interested we could work together.

The problem is that I can create the model and the texture, but I don’t work on animations.

Otherwise if you are not interested, would you be so kind to give me an explaination on how to introduce new car in the game?

France
Here and there...
SUBMANIAC
Sadly yeah, as soon as i can provide the base experience completed, but i have zero idea when that'll be.
I'm 100% ready for the mod to become vaporware by the time i get something out lol

France
Here and there...
SUBMANIAC
I cannot touch on the driving capabilities of the ai besides giving upgraded cars actual parts rather than a power multiplier and some tires.
However, there will be many more opponents to choose from compared to the base game.
There will be at least one of every car that the generator doesn't exclude to race against. That means that a lot of the cars that were never raced in the original game will be there, albeit stock.