[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,813 comments
The PAL version of GT2 has actually only 6 songs that can play during races, which is very few compared to the NTSC-U and Japanese version
Huh, TIL. I'm definitely still getting only 3 songs (they're driving me mad), but I'll try NTSC-U out, thanks

Just you. But if you want some control over that, Silent made a code that skips to the next song by pressing R3

Also all GT2 versions have exactly 6 race songs. No more, no less.

Last edited:
#Dave A

"Try disabling them and see if the problem is resolved."

You're right,

Cheat code "metric units" cannot allow to set anything.

You press L1, game freeze.

Last edited:
An awesome mod.

Though sadly EA ruined things for racing games like GT and others with their exclusive licensing deal, had they not, Porsche would be here instead of RUF.

Last edited:
I finally got set up with this mod, and switched over to Duckstation (was previously on ePSXe back in 2010), though this meant saying goodbye to my save from back then.

Is there a possibility to have the licensed music just outright removed? I'd still want to able to listen to the menu BGMs without having to mute all BGMs entirely before I go racing.

An awesome mod.

Though sadly EA ruined things for racing games like GT and others with their exclusive licensing deal, had they not, Porsche would be here instead of RUF.
rrporsches.jpg

I finally got set up with this mod, and switched over to Duckstation (was previously on ePSXe back in 2010), though this meant saying goodbye to my save from back then.

Is there a possibility to have the licensed music just outright removed? I'd still want to able to listen to the menu BGMs without having to mute all BGMs entirely before I go racing.
You can assign a hotkey to mute the music in Duckstation I believe - what I did was assign it to whatever key, using Joy2Key or whatever to map it to the select button which I also had mapped to play my own GT2 inspired playlist from whatever music player of your choice.

You can assign a hotkey to mute the music in Duckstation I believe - what I did was assign it to whatever key, using Joy2Key or whatever to map it to the select button which I also had mapped to play my own GT2 inspired playlist from whatever music player of your choice.
I am emulating a NeGcon controller for GT2 and am out of buttons. It also can't use the "R3 for next track/mute" cheat because that controller doesn't have an R3.

EDIT: Never mind all that, Silent told me that taking out one specific line of code from the cheat permanently mutes race BGM.

Last edited:
I don't usually maintain links to older versions as it takes up a lot of hosting space, and there's not really any reason to use an older version with unfixed bugs. I'm curious, why do you want it?

I don't usually maintain links to older versions as it takes up a lot of hosting space, and there's not really any reason to use an older version with unfixed bugs. I'm curious, why do you want it?
Hi. It is just personal reason.
Game save exists on ntsc/uc 6.1, but lost the patched iso and patch itself :)

Camaro Z28 Coupe '97 max power stat:
Dealership: 285HP / 5200rpm
Garage: 285HP / 7000rpm

Dodge Viper (both R/T and GTS) max power stat:
Dealership: 449HP / 5200rpm
Garage: 463HP / 6000rpm

Aston Martin DB7 (both Coupe and Volante) max power stat:
Dealership: 335HP / 5750rpm
Garage: 380HP / 7000rpm

Was this know about these cars? I mean the max power prm value before and after you buy the car.
The max power RPM is the same as the rev limit of these cars (i see that you fix this error from the Peugeot 406 Sedan), there might be other cars with this problem thought.
By the way, this is GT2 PAL.

Was this know about these cars? I mean the max power prm value before and after you buy the car.

I'll add them to the list to check. Peak power RPM is never going to be accurate though as the granularity of the torque curve is often too low.

hi looks like an amazing mod however i cant patch it on my original PAL discs cause i get error messages on it ca any1 help me with it?

What error messages are you getting exactly?

I'll add them to the list to check. Peak power RPM is never going to be accurate though as the granularity of the torque curve is often too low.

What error messages are you getting exactly?

Getting the following error message - Xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch that i dunno what file i need to select to patch it on i think the faulty one?​

Getting the following error message - Xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch that i dunno what file i need to select to patch it on i think the faulty one?

I would say the first thing to check is that your starting disc image is correct (Redump.org lists checksums for proper dumps that you can compare your image to by using any hashing tool, for example this one) and that you're applying the right patch to the right disc. Other than that, all I can suggest is looking up the documentation or support page for whichever xdelta tool you're using to see if they list the cause of that error message.

Question but I remember in one of the demos for Gran Turismo 2 there was a version of the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe that didn’t had the racing livery and had a red color option. I forgot if that version of the Cobra Daytona was only available in red or not but I was wondering if there’s any way to restore it.

Question but I remember in one of the demos for Gran Turismo 2 there was a version of the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe that didn’t had the racing livery and had a red color option. I forgot if that version of the Cobra Daytona was only available in red or not but I was wondering if there’s any way to restore it.

It's basically just an art test, with all of the paint colours from the Mazda Demio applied to the Daytona. I've generally not bothered bringing back things like that, as none of them were really intended to be used and were replaced by more accurate versions in the retail game.

Hi guys! Please tell me where I can download the already patched Gran Turismo 2 plus beta 7 released game? It is desirable that the speed be in kilometers and not in miles! I would be grateful to anyone who will give a link to a ready-made image of a patched game, so that I can download and play with pleasure! Thanks!

Hi guys! Please tell me where I can download the already patched Gran Turismo 2 plus beta 7 released game?

To quote the first post in this thread, right under the download links:

Please do not distribute pre-patched disc images of this modification, in order to avoid any potential legal issues or incorrect association with piracy that could result in its removal and/or an end to development.

This mod is distributed as a patch only to remain as legal as possible, and anyone who uploads full disc images of it is simply increasing the chance of the project being killed off.

This mod is distributed as a patch only to remain as legal as possible, and anyone who uploads full disc images of it is simply increasing the chance of the project being killed off.
And then how to install your patch and on which version of the game?! Is it possible to have detailed instructions on how to do this?! I will play on the computer through the emulator.

There are patches for every official release of the game (not for bootlegs however), just pick the right one. The patches are .xdelta, which get applied with Delta patcher.
If the patching fails, it could be either the wrong version of the game for the patch, a bad rip of the game, or a version of Delta Patcher that's too old.

Back