[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,813 comments
And after a while i repatched the game and it works great in android with a kishi
With that said i have a question. It is normal that the cars divebomb on low speed corners? ie all Rome Short
And the second is a small graphical bug with the Mugen Beat, where the exhaust tips appear on top of the bumper
View attachment 1225684
Yes, happens all the time on some tracks and isn't something that's happening due to the patches.

Hey, i just noticed that the Nissan R390 GT1 road car has a top speed of 160 mph stock?
That shouldnt be correct lol

It's been mentioned a few times - there is no data out there on the gearing for the R390 road car, because it was pretty much just a show car put together from spare parts to satisfy the racing rules. I don't know what Polyphony's source was on the ratios, so I can't say how right or wrong they are.

And the second is a small graphical bug with the Mugen Beat, where the exhaust tips appear on top of the bumper

Yeah, there are a ton of little issues with the order of polygons on a lot of models. It may not be something that gets fixed any time soon, without a more efficient model-editing toolchain and a way outside of the game to see which models have that issue.

Oh and will the Plymouth PT Spyder get atleast an upgrade?

The car by itself aint that really slow, but it could be a bit more rewarding if it had an upgrade.

It's been mentioned a few times - there is no data out there on the gearing for the R390 road car, because it was pretty much just a show car put together from spare parts to satisfy the racing rules. I don't know what Polyphony's source was on the ratios, so I can't say how right or wrong they are.

Yeah, there are a ton of little issues with the order of polygons on a lot of models. It may not be something that gets fixed any time soon, without a more efficient model-editing toolchain and a way outside of the game to see which models have that issue.
Yeah, with the R390 road car we don't know much so you'd pretty much have to fudge the data and I know that's not your style.

The road versions come with a stock transmission that's way too short and you have to buy the racing transmission. I just wonder why you can't even tune the suspension. The Toyota GT-One Road Car, TVR Speed 12 and Lotus Elise GT1 all come with modifiable everything out of the box.
I re-read my last comment and saw that I mentioned a "gearbox" at the end, it's a mistake on my part, I meant "suspension". But I do agree now that it is some kind of a bug now, the R390 should come with adjustable suspension settings in one form or another.

Is there any way to restore Indianapolis 500 track?
Beyond just porting it in the game, no. The "Indi" track is unfinished A.I. and is missing some background details that other tracks have. As far as I know, noone has been able to do A.I. edits for tracks yet.

Is there any way to restore Indianapolis 500 track?

As above, it would need a lot of work to actually finish it, and as far as I'm aware nobody is researching track editing at all. I'm also not sure that there is any practical way to actually access new tracks either, since things like the Arcade tracks and those picked randomly for the Event Synth are all fixed-size hardcoded lists.

Oh and will the Plymouth PT Spyder get atleast an upgrade?

That's a decent idea yeah, it doesn't have any NA tune or turbo upgrades and doesn't make as much power as the AI opponents who drive it. Maybe long-term I'll give it one or two NA upgrades, but it won't be in beta 7.

Ok i understand that, the other "bug" or rather an oversight is that the RUF BTR4 3.8 can have an carbon axle upgrade available
Obviously that is not possible since it is a rear engine car

Ok, forget that last part, i didnt knew that all of BTR4 were 4WD

Last edited:
I re-read my last comment and saw that I mentioned a "gearbox" at the end, it's a mistake on my part, I meant "suspension". But I do agree now that it is some kind of a bug now, the R390 should come with adjustable suspension settings in one form or another.
Yeah, there's no way to adjust the suspension. I've pointed that out too.

I have been playing the complete US release but want to play PAL complete for the soundtrack. Are the saves compatible between regions? If i want to play pal I’d have to start with a clean save yeah?

Last edited:
I have been playing the complete US release but want to play PAL complete for the soundtrack. Are the saves compatible between regions? If i want to play pal I’d have to start with a clean save yeah?

In theory, changing the save region and name / game code with a tool like MemcardRex should let you load it in PAL GT2+ - the only problem after that is that your save will be set to an invalid language (US English), but since PAL has a mandatory language select on startup it's solved. You won't be able to convert back to US though without hex editing the language value and fixing the checksum.

Multi-region saves aren't an explicit feature of the mod, just a consequence of all three regions now using identical parts data. The incompatibility between regions in the vanilla game is caused by the exact same problem as vanilla to GT2+, different part lists.

That's a decent idea yeah, it doesn't have any NA tune or turbo upgrades and doesn't make as much power as the AI opponents who drive it. Maybe long-term I'll give it one or two NA upgrades, but it won't be in beta 7
Also cars like the Mugen Civic Ferio or
MX-5 A-spec are really missing a NA Stage 3 upgrade. They are reward cars but some are slower compared to their stock counterparts.

Well, it's done at last - beta 7 is complete and ready for download!

Highlights in this version are the addition of the BMW 323i (E36), Audi A4 Avant, and Nissan Skyline GTS25 (R33), the final cut cars, the introduction of the cut Peugeot 206 manufacturer races, a revamp of several car dealerships including moving a lot of the new content to be purchasable instead of prize cars, reworked naming for the East City cars to move back to the original Japanese names instead of strangely renamed versions, and many pages of new fixes and tweaks. In terms of changes, this is the biggest version yet.

a4avant-opponent.png

206race.png

rufdealerexpanded.png

It's been another long development, but more ground has been broken - adeyblue's GMCreator tool has been put to use for menu editing that previously wasn't feasible, and several code bugs that I thought were unsolvable have been crushed with the help of Silent (and Ghidra). Thousands of new changes have been completed, which is reflected in the length of the changelogs.

As always, the download, full changelogs, a demonstration savegame, and a starter / cheat savegame are in the first post, and the changes from beta 6.1 are below.

- Miscellaneous
Prevented the modified game from loading incompatible save files by using a separate save file to the original game, also allowing vanilla and plus to coexist on one memory card.
Added a simple diagnostic page accessible from Game Status that lists the game and mod version.
Fixed the random track selection process failing to ever pick Apricot Hill (manufacturer events, Event Synth, etc.).
Fixed the track maps for Tahiti Road and Tahiti Dirt Route 3 missing an outline in certain configurations.
Fixed the pre-race car setup menus not showing the Turbo section for cars with a stock turbo but no upgrades, which now allows intercooler parts to be unequipped from the Vector W8.
Fixed all rotary engines in cars being labelled as 'Rotar2' / 'Rotar3' instead of '2-Rotor' / '3-Rotor'.
Retranslated the 'Already' and 'Nothing' tuning shop text in GT mode in several languages as 'Purchased' and 'Not available', for accuracy and to remove invalid characters (thanks to Submaniac, SuperFrizzio, and Paiky).
Retranslated the 'Free' event power restriction text in GT mode in several languages as 'Any' for accuracy, and remove abbreviations (thanks to Submaniac, SuperFrizzio, and Paiky).
Fixed license tests incorrectly listing the launch speed as mph instead of km/h when set to UK English (PAL only).
Fixed the wheel shop displaying a nonsensical error message in US English when trying to enter with a banned car (US only).
Fixed the error messages for the N/A and Turbo event restrictions being swapped (US / PAL only).
Fixed the RX-7 A spec LM logo showing up when invalid car data is loaded by players modifying the game.

- Audio
Mercury Cougar '99: Replaced the Viper V10 engine sound with that of the Ford version of the Cougar.

- Colours
Acura NSX '91: Corrected the available paint colours, as they had been copied from the '97.
BMW 320Ci: Fixed missing name for Topaz Blue (JP only).
BMW 323Ci: Fixed missing name for Topaz Blue (JP only).
BMW 328Ci: Fixed missing name for Topaz Blue (JP only).
Eunos Roadster V-Special '90: Corrected the Brilliant Black thumbnail to match the other Roadsters.
Mazda Roadster 1.8 VS '98: Corrected the Brilliant Black thumbnail to match the other Roadsters.

- Models / Textures
Acura NSX '91: Corrected the wheels, as they had been copied from the '97, and corrected the taillights to all-red Acura spec instead of Honda.
Acura NSX '93 RM: Fixed asymmetrical and misaligned roof and side windows by comparing to GT1's models.
Acura NSX '97: Corrected the taillights to all-red Acura spec instead of Honda.
Audi A4: Fixed a transparent gap in the side windows.
Audi TT: Fixed transparent gap in the headlights.
Audi TT RM: Fixed transparent gap in the headlights.
Audi TT LM Edition: Fixed transparent gap in the headlights.
Cusco Impreza, night: Removed the road car headlights and replaced them with a lit version of the accurate spotlights used on the day model.
Daishin Silvia, night: Removed the road car headlights and replaced them with a lit version of the accurate spotlights used on the day model.
Dodge Challenger R/T: Removed the 1970 T/A side exhausts and replaced them with R/T rear exhausts.
Honda NSX '90 RM: Fixed asymmetrical and misaligned roof and side windows by comparing to GT1's models.
Honda NSX Type R '92 RM: Fixed asymmetrical and misaligned roof and side windows by comparing to GT1's models.
Mercedes-Benz E 55 AMG: Fixed the exhaust being painted body colour due to a masking error during GT2 development.
Mercedes-Benz E 55 AMG, night: Reduced warping and stretching of the headlight textures.
Mitsubishi Legnum Super VR-4: Fixed missing exhaust tip.
Mitsubishi Pajero Mini '97: Fixed a hole and warped textures on the bonnet.
Momo Corse MR2, night: Removed the road car popup headlights and replaced them with the cut-out spotlights that the real car ran in certain events of the 1999 JGTC season.
Nissan 200SX '95: Fixed the car using the front end from a Japanese-market Silvia Aero instead of the European bumper and foglights.
Nissan Silvia K's Aero SE: Fixed gap in the front wings by moving the mirror textures, and fixed the mirrors being asymmetrical and not matching the normal K's Aero model.
Nissan Skyline GT-R V spec '93: Added missing V spec badge.
Nissan Skyline GT-R V spec II '94: Added missing V spec II badge.
Opel Calibra Touring Car, night: Fixed misaligned headlight textures that were both clipped off and left a gap.
Raybrig NSX: Fixed headlights being illuminated during the day, and LOD2 headlights not being illuminated at night.
Renault Megane, night: Fixed LOD1 using a misaligned Laguna front bumper.
Ruf BTR: Fixed badging from CRT to BTR.
Suzuki Wagon R Column FT '97, night: Fixed paint colour on the headlights.
Taeivon FTO, night: Removed the road car headlights and replaced them with a lit version of the accurate spotlights used on the day model.
Toyota Celica XX: Fixed major texture warping and asymmetry throughout, including stretched and mirrored badging and half-invisible mirrors.
Toyota Starlet S '78 RM: Removed red pixels in the logos on the bonnet.
Toyota Starlet Turbo S '85, night: Fixed the top edge of the bumper trim vanishing at night.
Vauxhall Calibra Touring Car, night: Fixed misaligned headlight textures that were both clipped off and left a gap.
Venturi Atlantique 300 Bi-Turbo: Fixed the lights behaving as if they were illuminated in shadows during the day.
Weds Sport Celica, night: Removed the road car headlights and replaced them with a lit version of the accurate spotlights used on the day model.
Xanavi Silvia, night: Removed the road car headlights and replaced them with a lit version of the accurate spotlights used on the day model.

- Text
BMW 320Ci: Fixed 'ci' capitalisation error (JP / US only).
BMW 323Ci: Fixed 'ci' capitalisation error (JP / US only).
BMW 328Ci: Fixed 'ci' capitalisation error (JP / US only).
BMW 840Ci: Fixed 'ci' capitalisation error (JP / US only).
Ford RS200: Removed 'Rally Car' from the dealership and logo, to match the revised name.
Honda S2000 RM 2: Fixed a tiny difference in the logo compared to the other RM (US only).
Jaguar XJ220: Removed 'GT Race Car' from the logo, to match the revised name.
Jaguar XJR: Removed 'Vehicle' from the dealership and logo, to match the revised name.
Jaguar XJR-15: Removed 'GT Race Car' from the logo, to match the revised name.
Lotus Elan 1.6 '90: Removed 'S2' from the dealership, and reverted to a more accurate logo used in GT2 demos.
Mercedes-Benz CLK 200 Sport: Fixed 'Sports' typo (JP / US only).
Mercedes-Benz CLK 320 Sport: Fixed 'Sports' typo (JP / US only).
Mitsubishi Minica Pj: Reverted change to capitalisation, as it's accurate to the real branding.
Nismo 400R Prototype: Removed 'Preceiding Model' from the logo, to match the revised name.
Nissan Skyline Silhouette Formula: Fixed 'Foumula' spelling error in the logo, to match the revised name.
Suzuki Alto Works Sports Limited: Fixed a missing space in the replay name (US only).
Toyota Starlet S '78: Removed '3 Door Turbo S' from the logo, to match the revised name.
Vector W8: Fixed 'WIegert' capitalisation error in the logo, by reverting to the version used in GT2 demos.
Venturi 400GT: Fixed 'Atlantiqe' typo in the dealership.
Venturi Atlantique 300 Bi-Turbo: Fixed 'Atlantiqe' typo in the dealership.

- Upgrades / Physics
Acura NSX '91: Corrected the transmission, weight and tyre sizes that had been copied from the '97, including converting from the '97 6-speed manual to the intended 4-speed auto.
ARTA Zexel Skyline '99: Corrected all GT500 Skylines from AWD to RWD using the Pennzoil car setup from GT3, and fixed displacement and dimensions stats.
Aston Martin DB7: Corrected the final drive ratio to 3.545:1, increasing top speed dramatically.
Aston Martin DB7 Volante: Corrected the final drive ratio to 3.545:1, increasing top speed dramatically.
BMW 840Ci: Fixed 2nd gear ratio, changed to slightly more accurate ratios throughout, and corrected the displayed power.
Calsonic Skyline '99: Corrected all GT500 Skylines from AWD to RWD using the Pennzoil car setup from GT3, and fixed displacement and dimensions stats.
Daihatsu Mira TR: Fixed dealership stats being swapped with the TX.
Daihatsu Mira TX: Corrected from using a copy of the TR turbo engine to a TX N/A engine, and fixed dealership stats being swapped with the TR.
Dodge Challenger R/T: Corrected the year from '72 to '70, replaced the 290bhp 1970 T/A engine with a 375bhp 440 4bbl from GT4's Charger, fixed the inaccurate gear ratios, and increased the price.
Honda NSX: Fixed an incorrect power multiplier causing the base car to make more power than the Type S.
Honda NSX '90: Corrected the tyre sizes, as they had been copied from the '97.
Kure R33 '97: Corrected all GT500 Skylines from AWD to RWD using the Pennzoil car setup from GT3, and fixed displacement and dimensions stats.
Momo Corse MR2: Corrected the weight from the road car's value to the approximate minimum race weight under the JGTC rules.
Nissan 200SX '95: Fixed the engine, transmission and weight using a copy of the physics from the Silvia K's instead of accurate 200SX values.
Nissan 200SX '98: Fixed the engine, transmission and weight using a copy of the physics from the Silvia K's instead of accurate 200SX values.
Nissan Skyline GT-R V spec '95: Fixed a spike on the torque curve caused by the RPM dropping instead of increasing.
Nissan Skyline GT-R '97: Fixed a spike on the torque curve caused by the RPM dropping instead of increasing.
Nissan Skyline GT-R V spec '97: Fixed a spike on the torque curve caused by the RPM dropping instead of increasing.
Nissan Skyline Silhouette Formula: Corrected wheel sizes, number of gears, weight, dimensions, and dealership stats.
Peugeot 406: Fixed the redline being the same as the rev limit, which caused the game to give the car an extra 1000rpm and 6hp more than was intended.
Pennzoil Nismo GT-R '99: Corrected all GT500 Skylines from AWD to RWD using the Pennzoil car setup from GT3, and fixed displacement and dimensions stats.
Plymouth 'Cuda: Corrected the year from '70 to '72, replaced the 290bhp 1970 AAR engine with a 240bhp 1972 340, and replaced the Ford transmission with the correct Plymouth ratios.
Ruf BTR Type I: Fixed unusually powerful turbo kit upgrade.
Ruf BTR Type II: Fixed displayed engine stats using a copy of the other BTR instead of a more accurate 400hp.
Subaru Impreza WRX '97: Corrected peak torque value due to the engine being a copy of the '98, and fixed an incorrect power multiplier causing the car to make less power than intended.
Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon '97: Fixed torque curve being offset upwards by 500rpm, causing the car to make more power and less torque than intended.
Subaru Impreza WRX '98: Fixed an incorrect power multiplier causing the car to make less power than intended.
Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon '98: Fixed torque curve being offset upwards by 500rpm, causing the car to make more power and less torque than intended.
Subaru Legacy Touring Sports RS '93: Fixed torque curve being offset upwards by 500rpm, causing the car to make more power and less torque than intended.
Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon GT '93: Fixed torque curve being offset upwards by 500rpm, causing the car to make more power and less torque than intended.
Toyota Corolla Levin BZR '98: Fixed torque curve being offset upwards by 500rpm, causing the car to make more power and less torque than intended (also broken in GT4 through GT6).
Toyota Sprinter Trueno BZR '98: Fixed torque curve being offset upwards by 500rpm, causing the car to make more power and less torque than intended (also broken in GT4 through GT6).
Unisia JECS Skyline '99: Corrected all GT500 Skylines from AWD to RWD using the Pennzoil car setup from GT3, and fixed displacement and dimensions stats.
Venturi 400GT: Fixed missing stock turbo in Arcade mode to match GT mode.
Volkswagen Golf V6: Replaced the engine data from Forza Motorsport 4 with more accurate data from GT4.
Weds Sport Celica: Corrected the road car weight and turbo engine to the much lighter race weight and N/A engine, accurate to the stats quoted by the JGTC plus a 15% power multiplier for balance with the other GT300 cars.
Zexel Skyline '97: Corrected all GT500 Skylines from AWD to RWD using the Pennzoil car setup from GT3, and fixed displacement and dimensions stats.

- Events
Manufacturer - Nissan Silvia / 180SX / 200SX: The Sileighty, Nismo 270R, and HKS Drag 180SX can now be entered.
Seattle Endurance: Removed Plymouth 'Cuda opponent as it's now too slow to compete, even fully tuned.
US Nationals race 3: Replaced Dodge Challenger R/T opponent with a Plymouth 'Cuda, as the Challenger is now too fast for the event.

- Menus
Event Synthesizer: Added MMRivit's fix for the missing completion trophies, as the four modes are counted for 100% completion.
Honda dealership: Fixed the Accord Wagon '98 using a preview picture from the '96 model (US only).
Manufacturer - BMW 3-Series: Added MMRivit's fix for the missing top banner.
Special Events: Fixed the Muscle Car Cup showing the incorrect license requirements (JP only).

All updates from the Light version, plus:

- Miscellaneous
Removed the conversion from metric to Imperial horsepower in the US and PAL versions, as this is accurate for the non-English languages, matches the units used in the pre-race menus, and shows event power limits as the intended round values (e.g. 250hp, 300hp, 400hp).
Removed all region-specific renaming of the Japanese cars (e.g. Lantis, Roadster, GTO instead of 323F, Miata, 3000GT), so that the car names match across all three regions.
Replaced the Renault Clio V6 in Class S in Arcade mode with the Lotus Esprit Sport 350, as the Clio was much slower than the other cars in the class.
Updated the displayed stats for all of the fictional rally cars in Arcade mode to more closely match their actual performance.
Improved the wording of the part names in the Fitted Parts section of the garage to reduce overlapping of text.
Removed the (J) suffix from all Japanese-market cars when shown in the garage, and from many dealership menus.
Reformatted many car names in the garage and replays for accuracy and brevity.
Added more information to the current car name in the bottom corner of GT mode, where possible.
Recorded new main menu demonstration replays to show off some of the new content.

- Colours
Acura NSX '97 RM: Added the black colour from the Acura duplicate of the NSX S Zero RM.
Mercedes-Benz E 55 AMG: Removed two seemingly fictional colours.
Ruf BR2: Added missing colours from other Ruf models, and removed a duplicate silver colour.
Ruf BR4: Added missing colours from other Ruf models, and removed a duplicate silver colour.
Ruf BTR4 3.8: Removed a duplicate silver colour.

- Models / Textures
Acura NSX '91 RM: Changed from the generic NSX '97 RM to the Acura-branded version of the Honda NSX '90 RM.
Ruf BTR: Swapped bodies with the other BTR to use the early RSR-style bodywork on the less powerful BTR I to match GT4.
Ruf BTR II: Swapped bodies with the other BTR to use the later CTR-style bodywork on the more powerful BTR II.
Suzuki Wagon R Column FT '97 RM: Swapped to the stock road car grille for a visual difference to the other Wagon R RMs.
Suzuki Wagon R Turbo RT/S '95 RM: Swapped to the stock road car grille for a visual difference to the other Wagon R RMs, and remove some '97-only body parts.

- Text
Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray '67: Reverted to the less generic logo from GT1.
Chevrolet Corvette 427 Stingray '69: Replaced the unstyled text logo with the generic Corvette logo from GT1.
Chevrolet Corvette '82: Replaced the unstyled text logo with the generic Corvette logo from GT1.
Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport: Reverted to the less generic logo from GT1.
Dodge Copperhead: Corrected the name from the generic Concept Car to Copperhead, and restore the logo from the earliest GT1 demos.
Dodge Copperhead LM Edition: Corrected the name from the generic Concept Car to Copperhead, and restore the logo from the earliest GT1 demos.
Fiat Cinquecento: Corrected the name from 500 to Cinquecento.
Fiat Seicento: Corrected the name from 600 to Seicento.
Opel Vectra i500: Updated the name in the dealership to match.
Plymouth Road Runner: Corrected the name from the generic Muscle Car to Road Runner, and add a new logo based on the car's badging.
Plymouth Superbird: Removed 'Muscle Car' from the logo.
Ruf BTR: Renamed from BTR Type I to BTR.
Ruf BTR II: Renamed from BTR Type II to BTR II.

- Upgrades / Physics
Acura Integra GS '97: Reduced price as it's now in the dealership instead of a prize.
Acura Integra LS '95: Reduced price as it's now in the dealership instead of a prize.
Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG: Increased price significantly as it's now in the dealership instead of a prize.

- Cars
Acura NSX '93: Deleted car as it's a fictional exact duplicate of the Honda Type R, which is now available in all regions.
Acura NSX Type S: Deleted car as it's a fictional exact duplicate of the Honda, which is now available in all regions.
Acura NSX Type S Zero: Deleted car as it's a fictional exact duplicate of the Honda, which is now available in all regions.
Audi A4 Avant: Added car, based on cut content with the existing misused physics data and paint colours from the saloon, plus a fixed model by Submaniac.
BMW 323i (E36): Added car, based on cut content with custom physics and updated badging, plus a fixed model and exhaust texture by Submaniac.
Honda CR-X SiR '90 [Special Colour]: Added car, based on GT1 version, with custom colours by Submaniac.
Nissan Skyline GTS25 Type S '96: Added car, based on GT1 pre-release physics, and made it available as a used car.
Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX '85 [Special Colour]: Added car, based on GT1 version.

- Events
FR Challenge race 1: Added BMW 323i (E36) opponent.
Manufacturer - BMW 3-Series: Added BMW 323i (E36) opponent.
Manufacturer - Peugeot 206: Restored unused events, using MMRivit's custom Peugeot event screens.
Wagon Cup: Added Audi A4 Avant opponent.
Secret: Removed Acura Integra GS '97 as prize car, as it can now be purchased from Acura.
Secret: Removed Acura Integra LS '95 as prize car, as it can now be purchased from Acura.
Secret: Added Audi A4 Avant as prize car.
Secret: Added BMW 323i (E36) as prize car.
Secret: Added Honda CR-X SiR '90 [Special Colour] as prize car.
Secret: Removed Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG as prize car, as it can now be purchased from Mercedes-Benz.
Secret: Changed which event provides Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96 [Special Colour] as prize car.
Secret: Changed which event provides Nissan Primera GT '98 as prize car.
Secret: Removed Ruf BR2 as prize car, as it can now be purchased from Ruf.
Secret: Removed Ruf BR4 as prize car, as it can now be purchased from Ruf.
Secret: Removed Ruf BTR4 3.8 as prize car, as it can now be purchased from Ruf.
Secret: Removed Ruf CR4 as prize car, as it can now be purchased from Ruf.
Secret: Added Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX '85 [Special Colour] as prize car.
Secret: Changed which event provides Vauxhall Vectra SRi 2.0 16V as prize car.

- Menus
Acura dealership: Added Integra LS and Integra GS, and removed models that are exact duplicates of Hondas.
Honda dealership: Made the non-US Integras and NSXes available for purchase so that all cars are available in all regions (previously missing in US only), and changed the background in the US version to match JP / PAL.
Mercedes-Benz dealership: Added C55 AMG to the Special section.
Ruf dealership: Added CR4, BR2, BR4, and BTR4 3.8 for purchase, and swapped the preview pictures for the two 3.4-litre BTRs.
Toyota dealership: Made the Altezza AS200 available for purchase so that all cars are available in all regions (previously missing in PAL only).

There are still plans for more to come - at the very least about a hundred more fixes for the base game, but also some bits of content still planned. The game is now bulging at the seams with additions, but there's room for some more!

Last edited:
Awesome, it's great that you're able to edit the dealership menus now.

Question on one of the "secret" entries in the patch notes:
If the Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX '85 [Special Colour] is now a prize car, why is it also mentioned as being available as a used car? Or are there two versions?

Amazing work, you lot! A massive "Thank you!" from me to everyone related to the development of this update and this project in general :cheers:.

But...now what? I'm not calling this the end now nor deliberately killing the moment, but can we expect another update to this project (apart from bugfixes to the latest update), considering what is known about the game's internals thus far? And considering the fact that this game is still not abandonware (thanks to the availability on the PS Store and internal emulation), how far are you guys willing to develop this before this ends up either immoral or unethical?

But...now what? I'm not calling this the end now nor deliberately killing the moment, but can we expect another update to this project (apart from bugfixes to the latest update), considering what is known about the game's internals thus far? And considering the fact that this game is still not abandonware (thanks to the availability on the PS Store and internal emulation), how far are you guys willing to develop this before this ends up either immoral or unethical?

As mentioned at the end of the update post, there's still a large number of fixes to do to the original game content, and I have some ideas for a few new things to be added, it'll just take a little while to get to the point where I have anything to show. Usually after a new mod release I spend a bit of time improving the tools and researching anything new that needs investigation, which often directly scopes what will be possible next.

The second question is a bit weird - I don't think there's anywhere that this mod can go that's unethical. The distribution method and all of the install instructions make the assumption that the user has made an image of their own physical GT2 discs, and are planning to play it on Playstation hardware. None of that will change. The patches themselves are generated against my own collection of GT2 copies, which was one of the reasons it was PAL-only in the early versions, while I hunted down the rarer versions like the PSone Books release.

Are the saves from previous release compatible with beta 7?

No, as always every time any new content is added to the game, it breaks the garage data in savegames. There's no way around this, so to try to reduce the number of reports from people that their garage data is broken, beta 7 onwards use a separate savegame to vanilla GT2, meaning that they won't try to load incompatible saves any more.

Due to the number of past requests for a starter / cheat save with just the gold license prize cars, I've included one in the first post with this release, as previous saves won't work. Any advanced users that want to load incompatible saves for some reason can do so by changing the save name to match what GT2+ uses, but it's not recommended.

A couple of little things i'd noticed with all of the versions, is that the vectras you buy new are listed as having 4 cylinder engines oddly, along with the R33 GTS25 S & M's having nismo plates on the back still. A couple of minor visual things, just thought i'd point those out.

Would you add CLK GTR in future updates?
I had seen someone else do that, in an unrelated mod for GT2. And as there is not enough leftover data for it in any versions of GT2, i don't think pez2k would be adding it, or restoring it in this case because of that.

A couple of little things i'd noticed with all of the versions, is that the vectras you buy new are listed as having 4 cylinder engines oddly, along with the R33 GTS25 S & M's having nismo plates on the back still.

Thanks - I thought I'd fixed the Vectra engine at some point, but clearly not. Like the A4 Avant becoming the saloon, PD seem to have replaced the 2.0 Vectra with the 2.5 so late that a lot of things were left halfway done, like the Vauxhall dealership clearly showing the 2.0. I'll add it to the list for the next version.

As for the Nismo plates on the R33 GTS pair, yeah, not sure what I'd replace them with so far. It's probably low priority, but noted.

Would you add CLK GTR in future updates?

Please read the FAQ in the first post for answers to questions like this that come up time and time again.

Hey, out of curiosity, has anyone else had an issue with the demo and cheat save files not working? GT2+ is up-to-date, yet the saves don't register in Duckstation.

EDIT: Never mind, apparently I have an older version of GT2 also on the gamelist in my Duckstation.

Last edited:
Hey pez, noticed smthn about the MX-5 C Spec.
The car is set as an opponent in the NA Cup, but no NA upgrades are available to it.

Kinda out of place if you ask me.

Hey pez, noticed smthn about the MX-5 C Spec.
The car is set as an opponent in the NA Cup, but no NA upgrades are available to it.

I'm 50/50 on this one - unlike the M30 GTS in the Turbo equivalent, the C spec is at least N/A stock, so does qualify for the event. I'm trying not to get into looking at opponents that have more power than the player can tune the same car to, as I'm pretty sure there'll be a lot of them.

How hardcoded are the audio levels? It seems like the menu music is playing at ~20% lower volume than driving music.

They're two totally separate systems, streamed off the disc for race music and essentially MIDI for menu music. I'm not sure if there is a volume difference, but other than the volume slider in Options it's all code and not something I plan to dig into.

I noticed the Peugeot 306 in the one I-A test is still missing the [R] tag from the name.

This is a code bug which probably isn't trivial to fix - the license menus show the name that matches the car ID, instead of loading the parts data and looking at the overriding model name in the RM part. It's the same for all race-modified road cars in licenses, like the 406.

Okay, good to know.

Also, I noticed the Subaru 360 is listed as having an OHV engine. It's a two-stroke engine, so shouldn't it not have a valvetrain to begin with?

Latest Posts

Back