[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 2' started by pez2k, May 18, 2018.

1. submaniac93

submaniac93

The japanese new car page called it GT500KR as well iirc, but they ae one and the same, just regional naming differences for whatever reason

2. RainbowBlade

RainbowBlade

Regional naming differences, exact same reason for the Mitsubishi GTO being renamed 3000GT outside of Japan...
    Yeah, not really, but there's some kind of licensing thing with the name 'GT500', that I dunno all the details on.

3. DRess_CODE

DRess_CODE

Hi again, I found a bug in the game with Tom's Angel T01. In the garage, this color is indicated by silver, but when viewing the car, it is shown that it is red, and in the game it is painted in silver. (Photo attached)

Attached Files:

4. 80T

80T

Just checked myself and I seem to be having the same issue, my T01 shows as red in the garage list, has the silver paint while in the garage and has the listed red color while in a race, so basically the reverse. Probably the two colors were accidentally swapped on the garage 3D model.

5. RainbowBlade

RainbowBlade

I believe that is a bug on the 'to be fixed' list.

6. Rice_kid

Rice_kid

Can you upload a rom file for both the simulaton mode and the arcade mode files instead of the xdelta patches? I'm on android and don't know how to patch rom files correctly. I tried unipatcher but it didn't work. It would be very much apreciated if you will.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  7. pez2k

pez2k

No, as that would count as distributing pirate software. I don't want any legal issues, or any reason for Sony's lawyers to get interested, so all that I can distribute is a patch that requires the end user to provide their own disc image, and trust that they have legally obtained it.

8. Rice_kid

Rice_kid

Attached Files:

Gerarghini likes this.
  9. submaniac93

submaniac93

Distributing isos is also against gtp's rules so yeah. You're meant to patch it on a pc then put it on your phone if you want to play it, sourcing the base game is up to you, but i assume you already have it

girabyt3 likes this.
  10. RainbowBlade

RainbowBlade

I'm presuming that @Rice_kid only has the Android device.

In which, if this is so, someone else is gonna have to be of aid, and that someone else can't act through these forums or this thread.

Also, don't use public library computers for this kind of thing; even if you own the media, you can get in serious trouble for using their computers for making copies, though this applies more to movies, I've seen people get super busted for archiving their dated mixdiscs and old CDs using the public library computers. Yep.

11. Hlavco

Hlavco

Hey, I just joined to say that this project is amazing. So many of my favorite childhood games have become moddable over the last few years, and it's so satisfying to see long-overdue bug fixes to them. For once, the present is even better than past's nostalgic memories.

The funny thing is, one of the fixes I'm happiest about is the additional racing mods for the '90s Fiat 500. I was starting to think that they were all in my imagination, because the YouTube videos of "missing Gran Turismo content" never mention them, but if you load up the Fiat 500-specific race, they're all right there in plain sight.

It's too bad the new car dealership screens aren't easily editable, as I'd love to see the two Plymouth "Muscle Cars" given their proper names.

On the topic of Plymouth weirdness, this game's Cuda is a real Frankenstein's monster of a car. Even though it claims to be from 1970, its grille, hood, and circular taillights are all from the 1972 model. Meanwhile, the 340in³ engine's 290hp output suggests that it's based on the 1970 AAR Cuda homologation special, which has a very distinctive appearance in real life, with a unique hood, stripes, rear spoiler, and side exhaust. To make things even more vague, GT2's list of paint colors is far smaller than what Plymouth offered in either year.

Unfortunately, the most straightforward way to make this car accurate would probably be to call it a '72, and nerf the output to an emissions-compliant 240hp.

LeGeNd-1 and RainbowBlade like this.
  12. pez2k

pez2k

The race mods for the Cinquecento probably get missed by most of those videos because they're only broken in the Japanese and US versions of the game, and work fine in PAL. As for the Plymouths, yeah, I'd like to sort out the Road Runner's name, and I don't have a plan yet on quite how to tackle the Cuda's problems. The '82 Corvette had its power knocked down to match the modelled year, so indeed the best option for the Cuda may be to do the same.

Hlavco likes this.
  13. MaxFTasso

MaxFTasso

Hi! After you finished your beautiful work on the GT, could you look at some Sega Dreamcast game to modify?
    As for example the Sega GT or Le Mans.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  14. pez2k

pez2k

I've never really played either of those, so I don't have much desire to dig into them nor any knowledge of bugs that need to be fixed, sorry.

There are also six other Gran Turismo games with their own issues, and I've had a similar Forza mod on hold for a few years now too. It's going to be many, many years before I run out of projects!

mistamontiel likes this.
  15. Epic B

Epic B Premium

I don't know about GT5 and 6 but GT1 and 3 don't look like they'd require too much work, at least compared to GT2 when it comes to content and bug fixes. For GT4 however I have a whole list.

16. pez2k

pez2k

Many of GT2's texture issues are inherited from the first game, and there are some cut colours that GT2+ uses. GT3 has a few removed cars, not least in PAL, and it's possible to backport cars from GTC too. GT4 is not moddable yet, but if you want to PM me that list I'd interested to see it - I'm keeping notes of bugs through the series just in case.

17. Epic B

Epic B Premium

For GT1 the only changes I was thinking of were adding the NB Miata and '67 Corvette to Simulation Mode and adding real engine mods to the Dodge Concept Car (the red one). The NSX is probably the most glaring example when it comes to broken textures.

For GT3 I was definitely thinking of the cut/region exclusive cars (911, Stratos, Diablo,156 touring car, region specific F1 variants). Backporting GT Concept content didn't even cross my mind. GT Concept was never released where I live but I imagine backporting GTC content to GT3 proper would allow for a whole host of possibilities. I think I once saw the W12 Nardo ported to GT3 along with Autumn Ring. I think I did once compile a list of misrepresented cars in GT3 too but I forget how many there were. The most glaring examples are probably the Lister Storm being overweight and the Audi TT 1.8T "quattro" not actually having quattro unless you buy the VCD, both issues not fixed in subsequent installments.

Edit: Okay, found the thread for misrepresented cars in GT3.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  18. submaniac93

submaniac93

"The NSX is probably the most glaring example when it comes to broken textures."
    See-through wheels in gt1 and gt2 is a model/z-priority issue, not a texture bug.

Copperhead in gt1 would only need its cut racing modification imo, otherwise you'd need to give the Galant VR-G some power parts as well

19. Epic B

Epic B Premium

Okay, sure. Didn't know about the Galant. I am well aware of the cut Copperhead RM, but I think it could also use one or two stages of NA tuning too.

20. Mattiko88

Mattiko88

CAN YOU EXPLAIN HOW TO INSERT THE FULL PATCH IN THE ISO PAL GAME? PLEASE

21. pez2k

pez2k

See the included readme file for instructions.

girabyt3 likes this.
  22. Mattiko88

Mattiko88

hello I fixed and saw the game patch .. fantastic special machines you added! the problem is that I didn't want to start all over again with the licenses etc etc .. I tried to upload my file to 90% and I saw that the patch updates remain .. at first I was really happy with this .. but then I saw that the power of my cars has become something surreal .. the gt one for example has 80 hp !!! .. the knockout was to see my two favorites the del sol and the fto won at the gold licenses have less than 200 hp .. how could i do ?? what happened to the cars ?? luckily I left a copy of the game unpatched and can continue with my old garage, but isn't there a way to hook it all up to my cars? PS the fact that you added 4 car awards to each competition impressed me a lot and I would really like to see what you have done! XD only that redoing all the gold licenses is really a big impediment sorry for my english

23. pez2k

pez2k

To quote the readme file:
    'Please note that the patched game is not compatible with savegames from the base game, older GT2+ versions, or other patches, due to the added and updated content.'

There's a demo savegame in the first post of this thread that has all of the licenses passed, however it doesn't include the prize cars.

girabyt3 likes this.
  24. Mattiko88

Mattiko88

however, it does not include award cars.

So how do you take fto mitsubishi and del sol honda? there are still .. I hope

25. Mattiko88

Mattiko88

it was fantastic to try the new mercedes clk, its fluidity is crazy while the new honda nsx wants a bit fixed in the curve .. now I was wondering why not add more special cars for each team? would be the top! after all it is the most beautiful racing car game ever made by man. Except that I thought the prize machines were different but for now I won pt spyder and tuscan tvr where in fact the basic version was won .. I tried again other times but I won other pt and tvr thinking of finding other new hidden machines .. so the machines new prize are only those of the dirt road? in a mode "gt race" they only gave me money as in the basic version.

26. Dave A

Dave A Premium

Would it maybe be possible to include the license prize cars as purchasable cars in the special dealers? This would mean people can load the all licenses saves and more readily reacquire those cars if they wanted to

27. Epic B

Epic B Premium

At the least, if possible, I'd like to see them purchaseable only once each specific license has been beaten. Or add them all to the random prize car pool somewhere.

28. Mattiko88

Mattiko88

I would just like to know at this point if del sol honda and fto mitsubishi are present or have been canceled in this new patch .. the second option would leave me thrilled .. the two little devils cannot be denied .. finally if you can create the mitsubishi marlboro that I have as an avatar would be my myths for eternity

29. Mattiko88

Mattiko88

the fact is guys I'm playing the demo of the patch and I'm winning the dirt cars that I already had in the demo garage .. in the special events I win cars that were already won in the basic version .. now it's a problem with my installation or not there no more news?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  30. 80T

80T

GT2+ All Licenses and Prize Cars..

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    submaniac93 likes this.