[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,811 comments
I'm ocd and a perfectionist and I have a habit of nitpicking things that seem off or imbalanced in games and basically anything. So that's why I can't get into GT2 because one car being better than everything else. I just find it unpleasant and have for years. Anyways, sorry guys. I guess I'm done ranting I won't bother posting in this topic again after this because I am sounding a bit harsh. You all have fun with this project ok.

Once the NSX GT2 LM is in, any chance of the Japanese version's NSX GT1 Turbo making it as well? :D

As for the Escudo, it has been shown in later games with better simulation that it can't compete with LMP or Formula cars. The turbo lag, aero drag and high center of gravity just limits its ultimate performance. IIRC the GT2 Escudo also has special Super Soft tyres which are stickier than "normal" SS tyres for other cars. It is what it is. I think PD did intend for this to be the cheat car for the game. If you don't like, then don't use it. There's 700+ other cars in the game. As someone has said the Pikes Peak event is doable, albeit hard, with other cars. Personally I like it for the nostalgia factor and driving it to set the fastest laptimes possible in the game. I just use bumper cam and imagine it's an F1 car :lol: It pretty much has become one of the most iconic video game cars of all time, ranking up there with Eddie's Skyline, Most Wanted's M3 GTR and such like. Not a single kid in my class back in the day who doesn't know about the Escudo (which is pretty funny, because the base car is everywhere in my country and is a complete crap box :lol:).

Once the NSX GT2 LM is in, any chance of the Japanese version's NSX GT1 Turbo making it as well? :D
IIRC the GT2 Escudo also has special Super Soft tyres which are stickier than "normal" SS tyres for other cars.

The NSX-R GT2 had the Acura version of its model included unused on the later retail versions of GT2. That means I just needed to port textures, physics, logos, sounds etc. from GT1. The NSX-R GT1 doesn't have a GT2-format model anywhere, and converting models isn't quite possible yet until someone cracks how normals and shadows work in both formats.

As for the Escudo, that's not true, the only special tyre compounds in the game are the dirt tyres on the two Pikes Peak cars.

The NSX-R GT1 doesn't have a GT2-format model anywhere, and converting models isn't quite possible yet until someone cracks how normals and shadows work in both formats.
Alternatively, couldn't you just take the NSX-R LM GT2 and place the GT1's textures on it and add the sounds and physics from GT1? I know it wouldn't be 1:1 accurate, but it would be better than nothing imo.

Alternatively, couldn't you just take the NSX-R LM GT2 and place the GT1's textures on it

No, they're entirely different models. It would be a lot of work to recreate the GT1 textures on the GT2 model, and you'd just end up with a GT2 with a GT1 livery instead of the proper GT1 car (fixed headlights and so on). I don't think it's worth putting in all of that effort for something very inaccurate.

Hi, I've completed all the 5 Super Touring races and i've obtained 3 Tom's Supra and 2 TRD 3000GT, but i noticed that there is something wrong with the TRD.

Finally got around to investigating this fully, and have solved the issue. Long story short, I'd accidentally put the colours for the Supra RZ Special Colour (filename t-pnn) after the TRD3000GT (filename t-rdn) in the files, instead of before them. It turns out the game is very, very strict about correct alphabetical order in this case!

Finally got around to investigating this fully, and have solved the issue. Long story short, I'd accidentally put the colours for the Supra RZ Special Colour (filename t-pnn) after the TRD3000GT (filename t-rdn) in the files, instead of before them. It turns out the game is very, very strict about correct alphabetical order in this case!

I've found an another issue... When you get the Nismo 400R Preceiding Model, in the garage didn't appear with the name change in "Prototype", but when I go to the trade feature the car have the correct rename

Images for proof

Last edited:
Oh, an another thing, is fixed the opponent glitch in the SSR5 Endurance? If I remember right for some reason you can find a Citröen (I don't remember what, but I'm almost sure that isn't the Xsara Rally Car)

Oh, an another thing, is fixed the opponent glitch in the SSR5 Endurance? If I remember right for some reason you can find a Citröen (I don't remember what, but I'm almost sure that isn't the Xsara Rally Car)
The Citroen Opponent glitch in the SSR5 Endurance is the Xantia 3.0i V6.

The NSX-R GT2 had the Acura version of its model included unused on the later retail versions of GT2. That means I just needed to port textures, physics, logos, sounds etc. from GT1. The NSX-R GT1 doesn't have a GT2-format model anywhere, and converting models isn't quite possible yet until someone cracks how normals and shadows work in both formats.

As for the Escudo, that's not true, the only special tyre compounds in the game are the dirt tyres on the two Pikes Peak cars.

Ah that's shame. I was under the impression that porting cars from GT1 to 2 would be relatively straightforward.

I can't remember where I read the Escudo tyre thing, good to know it's incorrect though. Just curious what are the differences between the Pikes Peak dirt tyres with the other dirt tyres in the game?

Sadly virtually everything but sounds and car logos is in a different file format between GT1 and GT2. I've cracked the textures, enough of the physics to duplicate them, and the basic shape and texture mapping of the models, but normals / reflections on the models are currently a mystery.

No idea what the difference is with the dirt tyre compounds, they don't appear to be included in the game data so they're presumably hardcoded somewhere in the physics engine. Unlike the tarmac tyres that are common across all cars, there are actually three dirt compounds - 2WD, 4WD and Pikes Peak.

Hi, I recently patch the game and i found a bug, for an unkown reason the B,A,IC and IB reward cars doesnt have the real stats, and in the case of the LM versions actually has the engine showed.
I put Images to show

Attachments

• SCES_123.80_16012019_224117_0697.png
    SCES_123.80_16012019_224117_0697.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 78
  • SCES_123.80_16012019_224138_0563.png
    SCES_123.80_16012019_224138_0563.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 76
  • SCES_123.80_16012019_224144_0418.png
    SCES_123.80_16012019_224144_0418.png
    19 KB · Views: 76
  • SCES_123.80_16012019_224149_0411.png
    SCES_123.80_16012019_224149_0411.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 80
Hi, I recently patch the game and i found a bug, for an unkown reason the B,A,IC and IB reward cars doesnt have the real stats, and in the case of the LM versions actually has the engine showed.
I put Images to show

Very very strange... When I won these the stats was identical to standard Gran Turismo 2...

I put Images to show
You created that save with the vanilla or the patched game? Cause' I used a save from a vanilla ISO and that happened.

Right, any previous save made on either a different version of the mod, or vanilla GT2 will have corrupted car data due to the added cars and parts. If not though, that's strange, Especially since if those cars are messed up, any cars coming after them in the car index order will also be messed up, however we know they're not (or will be fixed shortly for some with messed up names)

Just to note that there is a warning in the readme too that saves are not cross-compatible:
Please note that the patched game is not fully compatible with savegames from the base game or other patches due to the added and updated content.

See also post #47 for more technical detail on why GT2's save format does not support any changing of the game data.

Especially since if those cars are messed up, any cars coming after them in the car index order will also be messed up, however we know they're not (or will be fixed shortly for some with messed up names)

What are you referring to here? I'm not sure I'm aware of any cars with broken names, but if there are then I'll need to fix them before alpha 4.

What are you referring to here? I'm not sure I'm aware of any cars with broken names, but if there are then I'll need to fix them before alpha 4.

I was thinking of the TRD3000GT that you fixed, I don't remember any other so far thankfullly (or not, my memory isn't very reliable sometimes)

And another issue, but this time I dont know if is because the game was patched incorrectly. In the plymouth dealership the roadrunner and the superbird has the muscle car badge (similar to the jaguar xj220)

Attachments

• SCES_123.80_17012019_140203_0125.png
    SCES_123.80_17012019_140203_0125.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 74
  • SCES_123.80_17012019_140208_0406.png
    SCES_123.80_17012019_140208_0406.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 78
  • SCES_123.80_17012019_140214_0486.png
    SCES_123.80_17012019_140214_0486.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 78
And another issue, but this time I dont know if is because the game was patched incorrectly. In the plymouth dealership the roadrunner and the superbird has the muscle car badge (similar to the jaguar xj220)
That's normal. It's not a bug

This is not a bug. Road Runner is copyright of Warner Bros, and so PD could not use the name.

Editing the New Car menus is not yet possible, so while I could change the logo, it wouldn't match the car's name in the menu.

Back