[Mod] Gran Turismo 4 Unified Soundtrack

• Thread starter Sal_89
  • 71 comments
Italy
Varallo Pombia, Italy
Salva-the_gamer
After a lot of time, requests from friends and mostly will to make it, finally, I made it. Welcome to the Unified Soundtrack Modification for Gran Turismo 4.
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/vVExPKnNTe

!!!WARNING!!!​

For every update, a NEW save IS REQUIRED. Also, due space limits, you can use just one update per game, or game will break. For example, you can't use the full Tourist Trophy playlist at once. However, both Version 2.00 could work fine with together with Version 4

It contains the following:

• Japanese, European and North American playlists are merged into one large playlist. 106 songs in total!
  • Restored two cut songs: Ride by The Vines and a song that I wasn't able to find the name. Let me know if you know the title, I've marked it as "Unknown"

VERSION 4.00
  • Added Gran Turismo 4: Prologue playlist. 4 songs in total, raising the count to 110 tracks. GT4P carries "Contnuation", "Heaven" and "Turbo" by daiki kasho from Gran Turismo Concept, making "2/K" (always by daiki kasho) the only Gran Turismo 4: Prologue exclusive song

VERSION 3.00B
  • Added Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec North American playlist. 19 songs in total, raising the count to 125 tracks. "Are You Gonna Go My Way? (GRAN TURISMO Remix)" and daiki kasho songs are missing due space limits

VERSION 3.00A
  • Added Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec Japanese and European playlists. 19 songs in total, raising the count to 125 tracks. Japanese and PAL are the same, but the PAL version miss "Are You Gonna Go My Way? (GRAN TURISMO Remix)", and have cleaned lyrics of "Dead Man Leaving". I've included both, where the "original" is marked as "(Explicit)" (Thanks to Clya900 to have figured it)

VERSION 2.00B
  • Added Tourist Trophy North America and Europe playlists playlist. 12 songs in total, raising the count to 118. Japanese playlist is missing due space limit

VERSION 2.00A
  • Added Tourist Trophy Japanese playlist. 14 songs in total, raising the count to 120. North America and Europe playlists are missing due space limits
  • The break of Arcade Mode was the add of too many entries, overwriting vital data

• NEW save REQUIRED!
  • The Japanese, Chinese and Japanese Online builds have 100 songs
  • The European build have 97 songs. Seven Masahiro Andoh songs were removed, but four are added and exclusive for it
  • The North American and North American Online builds have 65 songs. All songs from European artists were removed togeteher the seven Masahiro Andoh songs
  • The Korean build have the same playlist as North American builds, but re-adds the seven Masahiro Andoh songs, raising the count to 72

• Hypernucle for his version for the regular NTSC USA version
  • Nenkai, pez2k and Razer2015/Razerman/xfileFIN for GT4FS
  • TheAdmeister and Nenkai for the GTMusicInfEditor
  • You for playing this mod!

Unified Soundtrack (Online Public Beta)
Unified Soundtrack (NTSC-USA. Thanks to (@Hypernucle)

ONLINE PUBLIC BETA

2.00A
2.00B
3.00A
3.00B

12/07/2022 NTSC-USA version released. Thanks to @Hypernucle)
30/07/2022 Version 2.00 Online Public Beta version released (REMOVED)
30/07/2022 Version 2.00A Online Public Beta version released
31/07/2022 Version 2.00B Online Public Beta version released
31/07/2022 Version 3.00A Online Public Beta version released
31/07/2022 Version 3.00B Online Public Beta version released
31/07/2022 Version 4.00 Online Public Beta version released

Last edited:
I did that kind of music mod earlier than you (but on GT modding channel)! :D
By the way, there is a small issue that could happen - game with old save game (from original image) could soft-lock itself when trying to add new music and exit the Playlist menu. This bug doesn't happen with new save game, which is saved with modeed game image. Also there is some reports that the same music additions for GT4 Online will not cause any issues with older saves.

I did that kind of music mod earlier than you (but on GT modding channel)! :D
By the way, there is a small issue that could happen - game with old save game (from original image) could soft-lock itself when trying to add new music and exit the Playlist menu. This bug doesn't happen with new save game, which is saved with modeed game image. Also there is some reports that the same music additions for GT4 Online will not cause any issues with older saves.
Oh... I didn't knew that, I'm not part of that server
And yes, I'm aware of the savegame thing. I wrote that in the archive files for who isn't familiar with this thing. I forget to write it in the post, though
Also, could you help to identify the song I've marked as "Unknown", please? I've tried many sites, and no one given a result...
EDIT: is your version based on GT4 Online USA like mine? If is a different version, you are free to post it! Also, I would know if that is compatible with a normal retail GT4 USA too, if possible.
Thank you!

Last edited:
my mod (obviously thanks to tool creators) is based on regular NTSC-US build of GT4 - 104 songs

Last edited:
my mod (obviously thanks to tool creators) is based on regular NTSC-US build of GT4 - 104 songs

Nice!
When I will have some free time I will include yours in the OP. Thank you!

!!!UPDATE!!!​

VERSION 2.00A RELEASED​

CHANGED AND ADDED CONTENT​

• Added Tourist Trophy Japanese playlist. 14 songs in total, raising the count to 120. North America and Europe playlists are missing due space limits
  • The break of Arcade Mode was the add of too many entries, overwriting vital data
2.00A (Online Public Beta)

Last edited:

!!!UPDATE!!!​

VERSION 2.00B RELEASED​

• Added Tourist Trophy North America and Europe playlists playlist. 12 songs in total, raising the count to 118. Japanese playlist is missing due space limit
2.00B (Online Public Beta)

!!!UPDATE!!!​

VERSION 3.00A RELEASED​

• Added Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec Japanese and European playlists. 19 songs in total, raising the count to 125 tracks. Japanese and PAL are the same, but the PAL version miss "Are You Gonna Go My Way? (GRAN TURISMO Remix)", and have cleaned lyrics of "Dead Man Leaving". I've included both, where the "original" is marked as "(Explicit)" (Thanks to Clya900 to have figured it)

3.00A (Online Public Beta)

!!!UPDATE!!!​

VERSION 3.00B RELEASED​

• Added Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec North American playlist. 19 songs in total, raising the count to 125 tracks. "Are You Gonna Go My Way? (GRAN TURISMO Remix)" and daiki kasho songs are missing due space limits

3.00B (Online Public Beta)

!!!UPDATE!!!​

VERSION 4 RELEASED​

• Added Gran Turismo 4: Prologue playlist. 4 songs in total, raising the count to 110 tracks. GT4P carries "Contnuation", "Heaven" and "Turbo" by daiki kasho from Gran Turismo Concept, making "2/K" (always by daiki kasho) the only Gran Turismo 4: Prologue exclusive song

4.00 (Online Public Beta)

I think it broke the Ending Movie. I can't progress past the GT World Championship.. 😭 It just soft-locks in the loading screen after the message saying that I can now view the Ending Movie.

I think it broke the Ending Movie. I can't progress past the GT World Championship.. 😭 It just soft-locks in the loading screen after the message saying that I can now view the Ending Movie.
I didn't made the version for the original NTSC USA game, I didn't tried it. Also, have you used a new save as wrote in the OP?

@Sal_89 Hi! This works with gt4 v1.01 and v2.00? Thanks!

Edit: Its for v1.01, tested, 39 new songs right? thanks!

I think this should be mandatory, the shuffle playlist option turned on! 🎧

Last edited:
@Sal_89 Hi! This works with gt4 v1.01 and v2.00? Thanks!

Edit: Its for v1.01, tested, 39 new songs right? thanks!

I think this should be mandatory, the shuffle playlist option turned on! 🎧
I honestly don't know the actual versions, but I assume 1.01 is Platinum/Greatest Hits, but Version 2?
If you tested the original NTSC-USA version, you need to thanks @Hypernucle, he made it that. I made the Online Version. When I will have time, I will port all of these versions to all regions

@Sal_89 I will wait for its version for GT4 retail too.
Edit: can you upload the online version mod to gdrive?

@Hypernucle i'm enjoying the music in b-spec mode, thanks

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, seems the game image repacking process was not done well (video files issues)
there is some nuances with regular GT4 image, Online version a lot easier and safer in terms of repacking the image
can I ask about the save file to test?

Sorry to hear that, seems the game image repacking process was not done well (video files issues)
there is some nuances with regular GT4 image, Online version a lot easier and safer in terms of repacking the image
can I ask about the save file to test?
Ah, I sadly ended up deleting the save. Apologies.

Back