[Mod] Gran Turismo 4 Unified Soundtrack

• Thread starter Sal_89
  • 71 comments
All is wrote in the OP, including tools
I have used the GT4FS tool in the past (and before that manually with HxD) to replace music in the game and the music would not play anymore afterwards.

So, if I start a new game do you think that might fix the issue?

Last edited:
Yes, you need to to do so. Again, every info you need is wrote in the OP
Also, I always put a read me file, just read it haha

Yes, you need to to do so. Again, every info you need is wrote in the OP
Also, I always put a read me file, just read it haha

So where can I get GTMusicInfEditor?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it.

Speaking of music, I am surprised no one has made a psf2 of the sequenced music of GT3 and GT4.

Last edited:
will the ntsc usa get update anytime soon?
The "regular" NTSC-USA version wasn't made by me, you should contact the other person who made it. For updates you mean like the GT3 music?
EDIT: For the Online build, I literally made versions to include all GT3, GTC, GT4P, GT4 and even TT, I think that is all that I can get^^

Last edited:
After a lot of time, requests from friends and mostly will to make it, finally, I made it. Welcome to the Unified Soundtrack Modification for Gran Turismo 4.
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/vVExPKnNTe

!!!WARNING!!!​

For every update, a NEW save IS REQUIRED. Also, due space limits, you can use just one update per game, or game will break. For example, you can't use the full Tourist Trophy playlist at once. However, both Version 2.00 could work fine with together with Version 4

It contains the following:

• Japanese, European and North American playlists are merged into one large playlist. 106 songs in total!
  • Restored two cut songs: Ride by The Vines and a song that I wasn't able to find the name. Let me know if you know the title, I've marked it as "Unknown"

VERSION 4.00
  • Added Gran Turismo 4: Prologue playlist. 4 songs in total, raising the count to 110 tracks. GT4P carries "Contnuation", "Heaven" and "Turbo" by daiki kasho from Gran Turismo Concept, making "2/K" (always by daiki kasho) the only Gran Turismo 4: Prologue exclusive song

VERSION 3.00B
  • Added Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec North American playlist. 19 songs in total, raising the count to 125 tracks. "Are You Gonna Go My Way? (GRAN TURISMO Remix)" and daiki kasho songs are missing due space limits

VERSION 3.00A
  • Added Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec Japanese and European playlists. 19 songs in total, raising the count to 125 tracks. Japanese and PAL are the same, but the PAL version miss "Are You Gonna Go My Way? (GRAN TURISMO Remix)", and have cleaned lyrics of "Dead Man Leaving". I've included both, where the "original" is marked as "(Explicit)" (Thanks to Clya900 to have figured it)

VERSION 2.00B
  • Added Tourist Trophy North America and Europe playlists playlist. 12 songs in total, raising the count to 118. Japanese playlist is missing due space limit

VERSION 2.00A
  • Added Tourist Trophy Japanese playlist. 14 songs in total, raising the count to 120. North America and Europe playlists are missing due space limits
  • The break of Arcade Mode was the add of too many entries, overwriting vital data

• NEW save REQUIRED!
  • The Japanese, Chinese and Japanese Online builds have 100 songs
  • The European build have 97 songs. Seven Masahiro Andoh songs were removed, but four are added and exclusive for it
  • The North American and North American Online builds have 65 songs. All songs from European artists were removed togeteher the seven Masahiro Andoh songs
  • The Korean build have the same playlist as North American builds, but re-adds the seven Masahiro Andoh songs, raising the count to 72

• Hypernucle for his version for the regular NTSC USA version
  • Nenkai, pez2k and Razer2015/Razerman/xfileFIN for GT4FS
  • TheAdmeister and Nenkai for the GTMusicInfEditor
  • You for playing this mod!

Unified Soundtrack (Online Public Beta)
Unified Soundtrack (NTSC-USA. Thanks to (@Hypernucle)

ONLINE PUBLIC BETA

2.00A
2.00B
3.00A
3.00B

12/07/2022 NTSC-USA version released. Thanks to @Hypernucle)
30/07/2022 Version 2.00 Online Public Beta version released (REMOVED)
30/07/2022 Version 2.00A Online Public Beta version released
31/07/2022 Version 2.00B Online Public Beta version released
31/07/2022 Version 3.00A Online Public Beta version released
31/07/2022 Version 3.00B Online Public Beta version released
31/07/2022 Version 4.00 Online Public Beta version released

I'm really interested in the unused songs, I know Ride as a beta song but I wonder about the unknown one because there's 3 more beta songs, Kasabian - Test Transmission, Dimitri Shapko - Once You Go You Go and Golden Earring - Radar Love. According to the Nfssoundtrack site, i just need to figure out how to download it, wish it was a . iso file, would be easier.

I'm really interested in the unused songs, I know Ride as a beta song but I wonder about the unknown one because there's 3 more beta songs, Kasabian - Test Transmission, Dimitri Shapko - Once You Go You Go and Golden Earring - Radar Love. According to the Nfssoundtrack site, i just need to figure out how to download it, wish it was a . iso file, would be easier.
Test Transmission isn't anymore in the files, but is still credited. Only Ride and Once You Go You Go remains. Radar Love never heard of that. Lastly, you can download it from here, that's an xdelta patch, and is wrote how to download it

The unk
After a lot of time, requests from friends and mostly will to make it, finally, I made it. Welcome to the Unified Soundtrack Modification for Gran Turismo 4.
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/vVExPKnNTe

!!!WARNING!!!​

For every update, a NEW save IS REQUIRED. Also, due space limits, you can use just one update per game, or game will break. For example, you can't use the full Tourist Trophy playlist at once. However, both Version 2.00 could work fine with together with Version 4

It contains the following:

• Japanese, European and North American playlists are merged into one large playlist. 106 songs in total!
  • Restored two cut songs: Ride by The Vines and a song that I wasn't able to find the name. Let me know if you know the title, I've marked it as "Unknown"

VERSION 4.00
  • Added Gran Turismo 4: Prologue playlist. 4 songs in total, raising the count to 110 tracks. GT4P carries "Contnuation", "Heaven" and "Turbo" by daiki kasho from Gran Turismo Concept, making "2/K" (always by daiki kasho) the only Gran Turismo 4: Prologue exclusive song

VERSION 3.00B
  • Added Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec North American playlist. 19 songs in total, raising the count to 125 tracks. "Are You Gonna Go My Way? (GRAN TURISMO Remix)" and daiki kasho songs are missing due space limits

VERSION 3.00A
  • Added Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec Japanese and European playlists. 19 songs in total, raising the count to 125 tracks. Japanese and PAL are the same, but the PAL version miss "Are You Gonna Go My Way? (GRAN TURISMO Remix)", and have cleaned lyrics of "Dead Man Leaving". I've included both, where the "original" is marked as "(Explicit)" (Thanks to Clya900 to have figured it)

VERSION 2.00B
  • Added Tourist Trophy North America and Europe playlists playlist. 12 songs in total, raising the count to 118. Japanese playlist is missing due space limit

VERSION 2.00A
  • Added Tourist Trophy Japanese playlist. 14 songs in total, raising the count to 120. North America and Europe playlists are missing due space limits
  • The break of Arcade Mode was the add of too many entries, overwriting vital data

• NEW save REQUIRED!
  • The Japanese, Chinese and Japanese Online builds have 100 songs
  • The European build have 97 songs. Seven Masahiro Andoh songs were removed, but four are added and exclusive for it
  • The North American and North American Online builds have 65 songs. All songs from European artists were removed togeteher the seven Masahiro Andoh songs
  • The Korean build have the same playlist as North American builds, but re-adds the seven Masahiro Andoh songs, raising the count to 72

• Hypernucle for his version for the regular NTSC USA version
  • Nenkai, pez2k and Razer2015/Razerman/xfileFIN for GT4FS
  • TheAdmeister and Nenkai for the GTMusicInfEditor
  • You for playing this mod!

Unified Soundtrack (Online Public Beta)
Unified Soundtrack (NTSC-USA. Thanks to (@Hypernucle)

ONLINE PUBLIC BETA

2.00A
2.00B
3.00A
3.00B

12/07/2022 NTSC-USA version released. Thanks to @Hypernucle)
30/07/2022 Version 2.00 Online Public Beta version released (REMOVED)
30/07/2022 Version 2.00A Online Public Beta version released
31/07/2022 Version 2.00B Online Public Beta version released
31/07/2022 Version 3.00A Online Public Beta version released
31/07/2022 Version 3.00B Online Public Beta version released
31/07/2022 Version 4.00 Online Public Beta version released
I managed to download the mod and the unknown song is Once You Go You Go by Dimitri Shapko

I´m very happy with this mod! I didn´t know it existed! casually I was wondering if It could be possible to make something like this merge or add the GT1 and GT2 music also and you did It!

Thanks again for this piece of work. I´ll be installing It soon

I´m very happy with this mod! I didn´t know it existed! casually I was wondering if It could be possible to make something like this merge or add the GT1 and GT2 music also and you did It!

Thanks again for this piece of work. I´ll be installing It soon
Custom music, like indeed GT1/GT2 is possible, but need to be understood the format. A friend of mine is able to make them, but for respect of his work I never asked the process. He may give some advices once his mod is released. He is working in a GT3 mode, the "Gran Turismo 3: Concept"

Hi Sal,

I´ve applied the patch in a clean GT4O ISO and works properly, however If I apply the patch into an ISO with your Enhanced mod (v2) the game won´t load past initial credits, If I apply first the unified soundtrack patch and then the Enhanced mod I had the same results.

This same situation happens with the Randomizer mod but If I apply the unified sound mod before the randomizer one the game loads but at 5fps so It´s unplayable either...

I´ve removed memory card file to discard anything from previous save game with same results

Any thoughts?

Hi Sal,

I´ve applied the patch in a clean GT4O ISO and works properly, however If I apply the patch into an ISO with your Enhanced mod (v2) the game won´t load past initial credits, If I apply first the unified soundtrack patch and then the Enhanced mod I had the same results.

This same situation happens with the Randomizer mod but If I apply the unified sound mod before the randomizer one the game loads but at 5fps so It´s unplayable either...

I´ve removed memory card file to discard anything from previous save game with same results

Any thoughts?
Mods are incompatible each other. Unfortunately isn't like PC games, where you can install multiple mods without problems most times
However, the next Enhanced Mod update will have the Unified Soundtrack too

wow... this mod added song but it has less size compared to original?? how is it possible?
the original NTSC-U is around 5GB but this mod is 4.2gb...

Back