Modding and restoration discussion

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 702 comments
Well, I am no expert in this, I have no idea if it can be done or if something like this was already done, so i appologize in advance for my lack of knowledge, but I have an idea that might interest some people, to have non-liveries RMs options alongside the ones with liveries, that would also apply to every race car available, like the Concept Car LM for example that has no livery at all, just something to make then look like "tuned street cars", if this makes any sense.

As pez said, but you would never be able to have all together in the same game unless you're willing to remove cars entirely, as the body limit will be exceeded by a lot

Speaking of the Concept Car, one thing would be cool to see back in action: the deleted Copperhead Racing Mods and Race variation from Trial Version build of the first game. If I remember correctly, there were like 4 colors for those - white and silver for the RM, and yellow and black for the LM version. The models themselves use different spoilers (the mountings are a little different), but the texture work should not be that big of a problem for people that are well versed in that department. If the color palettes would be a problem to bring back, then I guess using the existing yellow and purple for the Racing Mod, and silver for the LM would be fine too.

Last edited:
Easiest option would be just porting them from GT1 wholesale - just needs wheel positions, a shadow, and wheel textures. I'd considered doing the pre-release race car at some point, but haven't had a reason to do so yet.

Oh yeah, I didn't think about the beta Gran Turismo 1 car models. Seeing the early Concept Car RM design in GT2 should be interesting. That would probably make more sense as a LM Edition than what we have already.

I don't think this is possible for this to be in GT2? I know there's the PUMA livery on the GTO, but this one looked way better than the PUMA version that's in GT2.

PSDX6D3D097.jpg

I don't think this is possible for this to be in GT2?

Just about anything from GT1 can be converted over in theory, it takes a fair bit of manual work though. That RM is another I've considered - merging all of the colour variations into one model would be pretty decent. It's a bit lacking in detail next to the GT2 RM though, which could be too obvious when seen side by side in the game.

Just about anything from GT1 can be converted over in theory, it takes a fair bit of manual work though. That RM is another I've considered - merging all of the colour variations into one model would be pretty decent. It's a bit lacking in detail next to the GT2 RM though, which could be too obvious when seen side by side in the game.
I wonder how you convert GT1 to GT2 is beyond me. Anyhow, I look forward to see that RM for the Mitsubishi GTO in GT2.

Off-topic, but is that RetroBar on your computer? I also use RetroBar myself, except I have it themed to look like Windows XP
yes I use the retrobar I left it like this because my old pc was like that and also for nostalgia

Guys I made a mod of Loctite Zexel Skyline GT-R and here it is for download:

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
thanks for the video sorry i think i bothered you :(
You're fine, don't worry about it. There's plenty of people that send me video requests all of the time anyway.
I was just letting you know why I haven't done the video until today.

but hey, it's done and the car is shown. Hooray! Now I have one more mod to showcase made by someone else.

thanks and cool show the mod to other people and i will still need to correct the inverted textures (it was my mistake) but out of curiosity i am doing the martini 155 touring livery

Back