Modding and restoration discussion

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 701 comments
Despite both discs in one being approximately 1.3GB, is still nice
Almost all data from the Arcade Disc is on the Simulation Disc, so that combination is in fact up to 1GB, and thus is still a valid ISO9660 image. It's too big to be burned on a CD, but it's still valid as far as emulators are concerned (same if you somehow loaded it from an SD card on a real PS1).

img.png

Last edited:
Hi... not sure if im on the right place to ask it,but anyone has a code to disable AI power multiplier in simulation races? I wish to race the events against stock AI cars,without their power increases. Is it possible,please?

EDIT: Gran Turismo 2 1.2 NTSC

Last edited:
In theory, does that open up opportunities to fit more cut and new content on a larger disc space?? I'm really curious.

Disc space has never been an issue - new cars are a handful of kilobytes and there's a lot of free space in comparison. The issue is that the game simply was not written to handle much more content than it actually has, and having too many cars just overflows the allocated space in the console's 2MB of RAM and crashes the game. That the game is data-driven enough to handle having any new content added at all is already pretty exceptional for a PS1 title.

Honestly, I'm glad this game/project has garnered even more traction from some very talented people in the modding community in general. For those who might not know, Silent was the lead behind the very important patches that helped bring old GTA3, VC and SA to the modern software with the Silent patches (not to be confused with the Definitive Edition trilogy).

You just maxxed out the effects of the parts, but if you didn't edit the power of them then it won't do much. The stuff i was talking about is the actual TCS data, not the levels.
For TCS, 2 is off, the rest works 'as intended' where the higher the value, the stronger the effect.

Last edited:
Back