Modding and restoration discussion

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 702 comments

Unless you play on a console and cheats are a no-go.
a small question where is located the metric measurements (in exe or gt2.ovl) ?
or what i'm talking about has nothing to do with

a small question where is located the metric measurements (in exe or gt2.ovl) ?
or what i'm talking about has nothing to do with
They're all over the place - in Arcade menus overlay, GT mode menus overlay, race mode overlay. I don't think anything in the main executable had to be patched, though.

I'm seriously thinking about using an emulator that already starts with cheats, epsxe doesn't do that ¬¬
Since there is no specific mod/patch that converts mph to km.

How do I add or remove a car from a special section?
Another thing:
I would also like to put Acura and South City (PAL) ?, I tested it with a cheat code and it worked perfectly.

Last edited:
As you may know, space is a valuable resource if we're talking about PS1.

Disc space is not an issue at all for GT2. There's tons of unused junk lying around on the disc, and I leave most of it alone in GT2+ because all of the mod content still makes basically no impact on the amount of free space left.

Disc space is not an issue at all for GT2. There's tons of unused junk lying around on the disc, and I leave most of it alone in GT2+ because all of the mod content still makes basically no impact on the amount of free space left.
Can you imagine in the near future editing the music playlist and using this space?

Can you imagine in the near future editing the music playlist and using this space?

No, the track lengths and so forth are hardcoded somewhere non-obvious, and I don't foresee it being figured out any time soon. I don't expect adding more music to ever be possible, so the only way to take up more disc space would be by using significantly longer music tracks. I wouldn't be doing any of that for GT2+ either way.

And has anyone thought of this or something similar?

1647448919734.png

I want to sell used cars of all colors at the same day, but this error occurs because of the quantity, does anyone know if there is a delimiter for this?

1647454667034.png

Last edited:
There is a limit yes. I hit it a while ago myself when i added every used and bonus cars in the UCD for ease of getting them. I don't know the exact limit. It's pretty high though.

EDIT: aha, i remembered i talked about it when i found that limit and apparently, the limit is about 364 used entries (each color = 1 entry!) within a week (at least i presume only the current week's content is loaded and not all the weeks at all times).

Last edited:
Also about the difficulty thing, i've thought about it, but i don't know how i would justify the work required to do all that's required for it and to remove the other languages. So i decided against it for my mod.

Haha
A funny thing. The Mugen cars in theory were supposed to be better, but they're not '-'

I'm thinking of matching the racing specs of the base versions.

Last edited:
! (gran-turismo.fandom.com) wiki - BMW.jpg

So, that's why no M and Z models?

Anyone gonna make some new trims? And some retro BMW convertibles? Is it easier to make, say, an M3 from the existing 3 series, rather than starting from scratch?

I would like to see an M5 or a Z3 (CONVERTIBLE! Not the hideous coupe model) in the game.

View attachment 1146040

So, that's why no M and Z models?

Anyone gonna make some new trims? And some retro BMW convertibles? Is it easier to make, say, an M3 from the existing 3 series, rather than starting from scratch?

I would like to see an M5 or a Z3 (CONVERTIBLE! Not the hideous coupe model) in the game.
I don't think any M or Z vehicles will get added to Plus. Maybe another mod would do it but not this one.

(Oh wait, this isn't the GT2+ thread, my bad)

Last edited:
Unless that section is properly referenced, consider it speculation from the author's part. Anybody can edit that wiki and insert an "explanation" regarding the absence of certain car models.

Yep, I spent a while deleting nonsense speculation from that Wiki and more or less gave up in the end - everything from the CLK DTM 2000 concept car actually being a Polyphony-tweaked version of the CLK GTR to bypass EA licensing, to there only being 50 copies of the GT2000 demo that was freely given away for three days at a major event.

I particularly like the description of GT as 'an upstart', when GT1 had already sold 6 million copies and was on the verge of breaking all-time sales records.

[...]I particularly like the description of GT as 'an upstart', when GT1 had already sold 6 million copies and was on the verge of breaking all-time sales records.
Yeah, now that you mention, I guess that's a clue it's pure poorly worded speculation.

As for adding the cars to the game, that's why I searched for a different thread to talk about it, I know those wouldn't be made on GT2+

But do you plan on making more content on top of it once GT2+ is finished? I love your work, and unlike with GT6, you seem to still be working on it.

Did they stop with GT6 modding? Last thing I saw was that Used Car Dealership mod, which I really wanted (I stopped playing the game so I could start already with it), and they talked about adding it to Spec II, but then I guess they got too busy with GT7 (I myself will wait for an overhaul of the carrer/progression and for the price to lower before buying it).

But do you plan on making more content on top of it once GT2+ is finished? I love your work, and unlike with GT6, you seem to still be working on it.

Did they stop with GT6 modding?

I don't know if I'd commit to anything more for GT2 after GT2+ is finished, I've spent more than four years on this one so far and there are plenty of other games out there, and several other promising GT2 mod projects that could do it better than I can.

GT6 modding is still going strong, it's just that not every bit of progress is posted on GTP, and a lot of it is foundational work opening up possibilities far beyond any other GT game, and in fact many other games regardless of platform, but isn't the sort of thing that makes for pretty screenshots.

I don't know if I'd commit to anything more for GT2 after GT2+ is finished, I've spent more than four years on this one so far and there are plenty of other games out there[...]

Ah. Do you have any in mind? PS1 era, PS2, PS3?

Some that I thought would be cool with some light modding (though I guess not much bugfixing) would be adding some variations of cars to Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 (PS2 version), like the Diablo cop car that is only available on the other, inferior versions, or making all cars fully customizable on Midnight Club 3, like the Corvette, Elise and exotics. Maybe even a mod to port the PSP version of L.A. to PS2 using 3 as a base, for analog throttle/brakes, and better graphics, for a large-scale project.

Although I don't know if these games are easily moddable, and if it would be possible (probably not feasible) for the port to be made.

Do you prefer racing games, or do you have other genres in mind? Which specific games are easier to mod, and that are in need of bugfixing/beta content recovering?

EDIT: Oh! A smaller one I really wanted someone to do, is to port the hatchback spoilers from Need for Speed Underground 1 to Underground 2, maybe also Most Wanted and Carbon, if possible on those. Would that be complicated? I imagine the models would need tweaking for vehicles new to Underground 2.

Last edited:
Ah. Do you have any in mind? PS1 era, PS2, PS3?

Nope - I've been tinkering with whatever games I'm currently interested in for 20+ years and will continue to do so, that's all. Maybe I'll find a big project to work on and possibly even release like with GT2+, maybe it'll just be lots of little things for my own enjoyment. Not being beholden to finish and publish anything is nice in itself.

Nope - I've been tinkering with whatever games I'm currently interested in for 20+ years and will continue to do so, that's all. Maybe I'll find a big project to work on and possibly even release like with GT2+, maybe it'll just be lots of little things for my own enjoyment. Not being beholden to finish and publish anything is nice in itself.

Do you think the spoilers from NFS would be hard to implement by a newbie in modding? PS1/2 era NFS games seem to not be too hard to mod, as there's tons of mods for them.

Because if it was possible for me to do it without much problem, even if it takes some time, I would do it. That could actually make me want a hatchback in Underground 2.

One thing that might seem trivial but that I would really like about GT2 modding, would be have the possibility to modify the name of the tracks in the events menu screen, for example fix high speed link to high speed ring or autumn link to autumn ring etc.

Any possibility for such to happen anytime soon in the future?

Last edited:
One thing that might seem trivial but that I would really like about GT2 modding, would be have the possibility to modify the name of the tracks in the events menu screen, for example fix high speed link to high speed ring or autumn link to autumn ring etc.

Menus have been editable with adeyblue's GMCreator tool for quite some time now.

Back