Modding and restoration discussion

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 702 comments
OK I've been searching for a week now, nothing. I don't need a physical copy, but I just need a copy in general.

I also want the GT1 press kit too. I have the gt3 press kit already from archive.org.

A road going Esprit GT1, or NSX LM GT2 would be cool

There is a Honda NSX rm decal delete I made awhile ago. I deleted all the decals minus the windshield banner and added all colors from the other nsx rm's.

Screenshot_2018-01-06-14-50-53.png

https://mega.nz/#F!Dolm2ALT!MEokZlX_iO4lbDYEAJRXdg!bwdn2JLR

That's should be my decal delete NSX labeled as "nsx mod"

It's just a nsx rm, and silver, grey, black, red, blue and dark blue. All the nsx rm colors. My idea for it was a modified tuner car... Like a body kitted nsx.

This reminds me of the NSX-R GT from early builds of the first GT. Just add back the Bridgestone logos on the side skirts, pair that with the white OZ Superturismo wheels, and it's pretty much a spot on recreation.

This reminds me of the NSX-R GT from early builds of the first GT. Just add back the Bridgestone logos on the side skirts, pair that with the white OZ Superturismo wheels, and it's pretty much a spot on recreation.

Nice I forgot about that. Let's see what @submaniac93 says about that.

The beta NSX-R LM has the Mugen logo banner, Bridgestone logos and a red hood emblem, and is available in black and dark blue. Which is exactly the NSX-zero RM minus all the additional decals and stuff. And the Superturismo wheels as well.

Easy peasy. The only visual change between the two is that for the retails RM they reduced the rear deck's resolution to fit the additional HONDA side decal.

The beta NSX-R LM has the Mugen logo banner, Bridgestone logos and a red hood emblem, and is available in black and dark blue. Which is exactly the NSX-zero RM minus all the additional decals and stuff. And the Superturismo wheels as well.

Easy peasy. The only visual change between the two is that for the retails RM they reduced the rear deck's resolution to fit the additional HONDA side decal.

Would it matter about the rear deck resolution change?

I actually thought of adding that beta livery myself at one point, but later on. However if one of you guys feels like doing that, go for it. I'll gladly try it.

Can I get the texture of the beta gt1 nsx gt race car? I don't have access to a comp at the moment to extract my self.

The tools I have only allow the extraction of the first color, so it's the black scheme, but here it is. You can use the Type S-zero's blue colors for the blue since they're the same car apart from the new decals.
Also, GT1's textures are centered on the image, so don't forget to move it up to top, otherwise you'll wonder what's wrong with your car lol

Attachments

• GTtrial_hnslr.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 22
If the only difference is the rear deck, would it not be easier to just copy over the UV coordinates from the GT1 Trial model and use its texture unmodified?

That would definitely be easier for sure, but it would require more work for B_rad than a texture port, cause i'm not sure if he knows a lot about how to modify UVs
The car isn't on my radar just yet so i'm not going to make it for a while

Yeah, I have no clue how to modify the uv mapping. So that's outta the question at the moment for me. Unless someone would like to right me a tut about it, then maybe I can give a try myself.

I want the yellow version of the NSX TAKATA JGTC (2000) :)
KxG33OM.jpg

well it looks like it will need a new front bumper, and the side mirrors are different. Also the only yellow on the nsx's is a different shade than that yellow. But still do able.

I've had a look at how the demo replays / attract reel works in GT2 - long story short, it's literally a replay savegame minus the header.

demoreplaysave.png

That's the PAL version, the other regions have their own region-specific savegame. It also explains why each region has different demo videos - PD probably just ran a handful of races on each version, saved them, and copied the savegame onto the disc. Much easier than trying to convert saves between regions.

I've had a look at how the demo replays / attract reel works in GT2 - long story short, it's literally a replay savegame minus the header.

demoreplaysave.png

That's the PAL version, the other regions have their own region-specific savegame. It also explains why each region has different demo videos - PD probably just ran a handful of races on each version, saved them, and copied the savegame onto the disc. Much easier than trying to convert saves between regions.

Lol this was in the other thread. And that's interesting, is it possible to fix that? And Is the gt .dat files in a LZS compression?

I looked into the demo replays due to a GT2+ bug reported in its thread, but how it works is general-purpose modding info and shouldn't just be lost in a single mod's thread.

GT2 doesn't use LZSS anywhere, only gzip deflate.

another suggestion: Bodyshop Hayashi Roadster

6521225263_7257c2bce7_z.jpg

3866882390_97d5b82e6a.jpg

If I would have to pick any body kitted MX5's then only 2 come to mind....

The Garage Vary NB MX5

and my top pick is.....

a Pitcrew racing NA MX5

those would be my picks.

The impreza might be a glitch on the emulation because it's fine on my end, and the Silvia is a thing that's also on the base model and is caused by conflicts with the way PD designed the workaround for the lack of Z-depth priority. a lot of cars in the game have such issues (the most well-known ones are the NSX and MR2 where you can see the wheels through the engine cover)

sipxr.cdp.gz and sipxr.cnp.gz should have those dates: 26-jun-18 at around 10:15pm and 10:17pm. If those match then you have the latest (and I think only) version i've uploaded.

wrc97.jpg

Yep it's says June 26 2018, but times are 11:15 and 11:17. And it's viewed Like that on gt2cv. On the read me .txt dates June 27 2018 12:18a.

And I had a feeling that's the case on the Silvia.

Hmmm how did you even get a non-final version of the file is what i'm confused about lol
Everywhere I have it uploaded, it's only the latest version (I don't even have a non-final uploaded haha)
So... well here although it's the same link as in my presentation post on page 2

Back