Modding and restoration discussion

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 702 comments
B_rad88!
Why not? When I mod the texture, it displays the whole texture map and not just levels of details. Would you get mad if someone finished out your work?

No, do it, check the cdaytona hood (in-game) and tgt-one decals too, they are unfinished. :)

Been a while since I made an actual mod. But hey this is my redemption lol

So I present the Nissan Silvia Varietta for GT2.
Done in cooperation with @SiriusR, with the texture and example mesh by him, and the actual mesh editing and colors by me.

This one's a doozy. We planned it as far back as November but due to one of my hard drive dying on me and with it my will for actual modding, I kind of kept pushing it back more and more. Until the new year where I finally got myself together to start making it. Editing the mesh and its UVs took a week of work. I'm never doing a mod this thoroughly in a while with the current toolset haha.. Seriously, ~40 vertices moved to make the mesh, and over 500(!) addresses searches and edits in order to accomodate the changes in the texture. All in all, we completed it yesterday lol.

Anyways, this mod replaces the Silvia S15 Spec-S non-aero.
It comes in 2 variants:
- "Presentation Car": only availbale in Brilliant Blue, that was the car as it was presented at the 1999 Tokyo Auto Show held mid-October 1999 (a full month before GT2 was built). It technically is chronologically accurate, but it really isn't the retail car (July 2000 release).

- "Alternate": A fictional variant which is the same car, just with all of the S15 colors and with 2 (well, really only one) brand new colors: Sparkling Silver and Aqua Blue/Light Bluish Silver (see in the video).

The file also comes with a fix for all road going S15s which have slightly misaligned night headlights, that needs to be installed before the Varietta in order to not have a badly textured Varietta, as well as custom logos for the menus (see video) made by @SiriusR

As always, get the files here.

Notes:
Because the Alternate version of the car has more colors than the base S15, you will need a color modifier for some of them.
Here are the color codes to load them on:
- Real Retail Colors
71 - Brilliant Blue
31 - Aspen White (Pearl White)
34 - Sparkling Silver (New)
35 - Pewter (Ex-Sparkling Silver)
62 - Super Red
- Additional not available on the Varietta
36 - Obsidian Black (Super Black)
68 - Lightning Yellow
6F - Aqua Silver/Light Bluish Silver

The "Presentation" variant has a good chance of being included in future GT2plus builds ;)

Last edited:
Ford GT40 Road Car "Race Inspired".
03bccd7cfb.png

-Engine vent covers removed
-Race engine vent cover installed
-Race Headlights (Black interior)
-Ford emblem removed
-Ford logo/stripes removed
-High, Medium and Low LOD mod.

https://bit.ly/2ROwah2

Last edited:
Hey guys, If I cant access to "FR Challenge" with the "Dodge Concept Car" using the drivetrain code, what I can do?

f13ed243cf.png

Hey guys, If I cant access to "FR Challenge" with the "Dodge Concept Car" using the drivetrain code, what I can do?

f13ed243cf.png

Use the "Drive any car in any event" code. But is the Dodge Concept Car a FR car, right? If I remember right, in one of NTSC-U release that car is MR for some reason (or maybe the LM, I don't remember lol)

I've updated the Supra GT Test Car to version 1.1

Its right side door texture was flipped. How I missed this for so long is beyond me. If you've downloaded the file before today February 10 2019, please re-download them now~

The post is here

lol.jpg

The Shelby Cobra Daytona has 2 extra colors now, reflecting the real life colors as there's a lighter blue and red Daytona in real life.

Nice job look fantastic. I really like the idea. There was also a white one(with different extra stripes) in the 6 coupes built. I also would like to say that the alt. blue version and the red version had different race decals than the game version. Also IIRC it was the red cobra coupe that was built in France and it's roof dimentions are slightly different than the other cobra coupes. I don't know about the cobra coupe prototype which also slightly differs if it's do able in-game. But The white one may be plausible......

Nice job look fantastic. I really like the idea. There was also a white one(with different extra stripes) in the 6 coupes built. I also would like to say that the alt. blue version and the red version had different race decals than the game version. Also IIRC it was the red cobra coupe that was built in France and it's roof dimentions are slightly different than the other cobra coupes. I don't know about the cobra coupe prototype which also slightly differs if it's do able in-game. But The white one may be plausible......
Thanks. Yeah, I made these color options through hex editing, which is why the decals remained the same. Once I get use to texture editing, I can do more elaborate things like changing the racing numbers, stripes, and decals.

I'm also thinking about adding a Silver color option in homage to the 50th Anniversary Edition Shelby released a few years back. I also noticed a couple of green ones online.

the 'tic tic' sound is due to a sample not having a perfect loop. A good few cars have that issue. Only fixable by editing the individual samples within the engine sound files, and by respecting a certain things explained by Xenn here.

Thanks subm, I'll try.

pd: I swapped the files directly, it works. Tested in: 21703 > 00017/20808

Last edited:
Looks like PD forgot to remove the license plate in the Delta models, the license plate
is correctly used in the Rally version because this is the ID of the car, like R22 MRE
in Mitsubishi.. I make this pack for remove the license plate in the Delta models.

-Lancia DELTA HF Integrale
-Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Collezione
-Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Evoluzione '91

Not removed in the (R) racing modification model.

https://bit.ly/2NnlAge

Last edited:
I just finished this today, my attempt at bringing back the 1995 Toyota Supra Racing Mod from Gran Turismo 1. Though I couldn't do it 1:1 as some things like limited color selection kept me from bringing back some of the decals. The TRD3000GT RM was used as a base.
Anyway, I'm personally happy with it for now.
GT2 Mod - Toyota Supra GT1 RM.png

EDIT: Another thing to note, I did a texture mod to the wheels to look similar to the ones on the Supra in Gran Turismo 1. That's another thing I'll have to improve later on.

Last edited:
I'll send you a PM.

Wrong thread technically, but no - I've been focusing just on finishing off all of my stuff, haven't had time to integrate third-party mods too.
Sorry, man. I didn't seen that this was the wrong thread

Back