Mogshots [Updated 2/07 - Last ever shot]

• Thread starter Moglet
  • 1,098 comments
Final GT4 2.0 Tournament qualification entry

Click to emlarge

Thanks for all of the votes in the qualifying round! 👍

Looks fantastic indeed, can't wait to see your entry against franz!

What happened with the shadow though? It looks like it's kinda floating in there.

I only added a little bit of shadow, the car is ultra low and was travelling at high speed round a banked curve, barely any shadow should be visible! If you mean the shadow being cast by the car, the sun is hitting the front left corner of the car so the shadow would be hidden.

I think the shadow's edge can be a bit sharper. Nevertheless it is one awesome photo with an interesting color.

Yeah I was a bit unsure what to do with it in the end. I tried to make it look a bit softer because in reality, it would have been exposed long enough to soften the edges as it moved over the surface of the road.

But it just ended up looking like it was hovering :lol:

Great Gallery Mogshot!!! Amazing pictures.
Nice to see you guys still play around with GT4 and Photomode/Photoshop

greetings
jmx

Damn, I want to edit like that lol. Any tips Moglet? GREAT pictures by the way, I was looking for alexwrc's pics on Flickr but seems like they have disappeared.

Awesome shot Moglet, I voted for that in the competition. 👍

Great Gallery Mogshot!!! Amazing pictures.
Nice to see you guys still play around with GT4 and Photomode/Photoshop

greetings
jmx

One of the greats returns!

Nice to see you around here again JMX. Along with Krame, you were one of my favourite artists around here, and a great inspiration! 👍

Awesome shot Moglet, I voted for that in the competition. 👍

One of the greats returns!

Nice to see you around here again JMX. Along with Krame, you were one of my favourite artists around here, and a great inspiration! 👍

Many thanks for the nice words mag 👍 I wish I had the time as I had it as GT4 came out. Photomode was the place is was living at for (longer)a while :crazy:
At the moment I am hosting an Forza 3 Endurance Event which happens only once a week, and still I struggle finding time to keep everything in order there - Don't need to mention that there's no time left for Photomode at all :( Still I am visiting GTPlante very often to view the Galleries and I must say that your gallery is one of my favorites. I enjoy every single photo & I know how much time and efforts it takes to make an good picture. Someday, when GT5 finally has been released (with an new improved Photomode *HOPE*) I'm sure that I'll be more active here and present some nice pics again!

Maybe we should get organized in some kinda Photo/Painter Team...but first let us GT5 get released ;)

Take care & keep it going
jmx2222

Last edited:

I'm out. This place is now no longer about photography, it's about editing. Don't expect to see me around again until GT5. Hopefully then the photography will take center stage once again​

Last edited:
Its a great photo Mog, and its been a pleasure seeing all of your great photography within GT4. Sadly I know where you are coming from, I've noticed that editing has completely overshadowed the actual image itself, which is a shame. It will be nice to get to GT5 where editing will play a far less role in people's images and hopefully we can get back to the days of old where the photos qualities outshine and are more important than how good a person is at editing. Once again thanks for all the great photos!

Keep your head up. Keep submitting your amazing photos.

There are still a lot of us who appreciate true GT4 photography. It may not be the majority... but we are still here.

Awesome pic, Moglet :cool:. That's way better than anything I can do. :lol:

Mog; I'll see you on the GT5 side :). Your particular photographic style always shone through in your pictures, even when you were doing the heavy editing. I understand your frustration... which makes me more excited to see you around once GT5 is released. And hey, maybe we'll even race!

:cheers: for one of the greatest galleries in this sub-forum!

I'm out. This place is now no longer about photography, it's about editing. Don't expect to see me around again until GT5. Hopefully then the photography will take center stage once again

Brilliant shot as always Moglet. 👍

I completely agree with you regarding the state of play here in the photomode galleries. Don't get me wrong, there are some very, very talented artists around here, but the editing has taken precedence over plain old photography.

I have always classed myself as a Gran Turismo photographer, rather than an artist. As time wound on though, I found that I didn't want to compete with the talented artists here, because that was not my style.

I'm sorry to see you go moglet, because I have always admired your style. Thanks for all the great images, you leave these galleries with the reputation of being one of the finest! See you on the other side! 👍

Back