Mon 20:00-21:30 UK time - PC2 - Hosted by @IfAndOr - Please refer to new threadPS4 

I went to the WEC last year with LC and it was a great day out, aside from the brutal hangover I had from the night before :lol:

Haha - the circuit probably didn’t seem quite so flat to you then!

Yes, John....so much easier to get around!

Guys...I’ll be online tonight I think getting a few laps in if anyone is around and up for some practice racing.

Mon Ginetta Round 15 Ruapuna Park GP.jpg

Herbert James Russell (28th May 1920-30th March 2019)
Today I learned of the passing of Jim Russell, former three time British F3 Champion and founder of the Jim Russell Racing Driver Schools. In 1956 he set up his first school at Snetterton Circuit and the video clip below shows that school. Over the years countless drivers were trained and star pupils included Emerson Fittipaldi, Derek Bell and Jacques Villeneuve.

Great race last night, was doing quite, till hit bump and spun out. In practice, had the al up 70/70, so was pushing hard. Only thing was al seemed, a bit more agrasssive, overtaking on the grass, knocking cones over. So do I need turn them down a little?:)

I attended Brands Hatch on Friday and Saturday - here are a few highlights (note some pictures on the other thread).

Sunday and Monday were Truck racing days (not my cup of tea) - the Show Trucks started arriving on Saturday and their proud owners were getting ready for judging.

Show Trucks.jpg

Legends.jpg

Above the "Legends" were testing on Friday ready for their races on Sunday and Monday. They are 5/8ths scale cars based on 1937 Fords and Chevrolets. One driver said I could try his car, but despite strenuous efforts, being an 11/10ths scale human, I was unable to get inside the car! These would be a great addition to PC2/3 - 1250cc Yamaha engine, 5 speed sequential gearbox, very light and very rapid. Had a chat with a driver who was switching to Legends from Ginetta Junior who said the massive increase in power to weight ratio made these cars difficult to control, very challenging and very rapid.

Mini Cooper S.jpg

Above - stunning MG Metro raced in Pre 83, but sadly broke down.

Ford Anglia & Austin A40.jpg

Morris Minor.jpg

Above - I've always wanted to see some Morris Minors racing. They were substantially more powerful than standard and the 948cc engine had been swapped for 1300cc.

Above the "Legends" were testing on Friday ready for their races on Sunday and Monday. They are 5/8ths scale cars based on 1937 Fords and Chevrolets. One driver said I could try his car, but despite strenuous efforts, being an 11/10ths scale human, I was unable to get inside the car! These would be a great addition to PC2/3 - 1250cc Yamaha engine, 5 speed sequential gearbox, very light and very rapid. Had a chat with a driver who was switching to Legends from Ginetta Junior who said the massive increase in power to weight ratio made these cars difficult to control, very challenging and very rapid.

If anyone is interested in seeing more legends racing then you can watch 3 rounds from last year (Brands Hatch, Donnington and another I forget) on Amazon Prime Video. There are 10 episodes (races) in total.

Hi all, so sorry I missed the race this week. I totally forgot I was going away over the Easter break.

I have a good excuse though...

I was at Spa Francorchamps watching the 24h Series 12h of Spa Endurance race.

:D

Sick - I obviously missed you at Brands at the weekend. Should be there in June for the Aston Martin stuff. Went to that last year...was a good day’s racing!

Looking to the picture seams gap was no more few thousands :)

Generally I am for penalties on, but sometimes they are "strange". I went of at Hamilton corner, lost time while rejoining track and got 1 s penalty anyway. I would understand it if I had got some advantage due to this off road but I was slower than normal on this sector.
This was fun anyway.

Seams Rich know some secrets because he is very quick with G40J :bowdown::cheers:

New Series Starts Monday - Couple of slots available for new drivers or reserves!

Historic NASCAR Poster.jpg

2019 B Early Summer.jpg

Mon Camaro Z28 Round 0.jpg

Note - Qualifying for the 3 oval rounds will be reduced to 10 minutes. You will need to do 2 pit stops - the first at 10 minutes and the second at 20 minutes. Pit Windows: 9-11 and 19-21 minutes.

Please select your car as per the above table. Drivers have been placed in two man teams. The fastest drivers are in the three Works supported teams - Penske, Ringley and Mooneyes.

Note - Rolling Start with GO on Green !

Post 1 on page 1 has been updated and now includes highlights of a classic NASCAR race from 1966.

Last edited:
Sorry Sick, can’t make tonight. Was my birthday yesterday and I’ve been out and about all day. Just got back and I need to get stuff ready for work tomorrow. Can I keep my seat? I still want to be involved and plan to race Wednesday...

Results from Daytona

Screenshot_20190506-232442.png

I guess it wasn't game crash, but my mistake. I was typing message and didn't push Ready :).
It was interesting to watch. Sick and RJ were very patient such a long time go nehind Harsk. I don't thing I would do the same. Probably that is the reason I can't reach S rank :).
Interesting thing - how it was possible to win with damageg car on a such fast track :). Anyway, congrats to winner, podium guys ( especially John - you did very well) and other, who didn't do such a stupid mistake - didn't push Ready :)

It was interesting to watch. Sick and RJ were very patient such a long time go nehind Harsk. I don't thing I would do the same. Probably that is the reason I can't reach S rank :).

Well I know from my perspective it wasn't about not wanting to crash. I knew I had to time my run on Harsk properly for the finish line otherwise he would just slipstream me and make a move on the line. I decided to make the move two corners from the end as I felt like I had a bit of extra pace through them, but he still had the inside line. With the finish line on the banking at Daytona I knew he would come back but I didn't expect him to make up as much time as he did. 0.008 on the line was a bit too close for comfort!

Dammed AI autopilot. I hadn't got any damage until I pitted! It came out of the pits 15mph slower than when it went in. :P
I'll have to have a word with the crew.

I should have gone in for repair but I didn't want them to wreck it any further. :)

Well done all. Shame Napalm and Rich missed out. It was a bit empty out on track.

Dammed AI autopilot. I hadn't got any damage until I pitted!

I guess you did same mistake as Sick. I was watching at him when he pited and for me looked he entered pits a bit to fast, AI "stoped" car and spined. Sick wrote in the chat he was at normal speed, but I think he wasn't. In practice room I tried to pit few times and noticed what after high speed on the track with a loud engine sound, while entering pits looked I was very slow, but my speed was more than 100 km/h. It is a bit complicated to control right speed with a so small HUD, but on pCars dash it was clearly seen, speed is much higher than it feels. So I suggest to take more attention at speed while pitting.

Back