Mon 20:00-21:30 UK time - PC2 - Hosted by @IfAndOr - Please refer to new threadPS4 

Bought h-patern shifter last weak. Thought it will be fun to drive historical cars on Monda it s race. Tried it today - OMG, I can't drive this way. And it is after 20 years driving manual gears cars in real life :).
A lot of practice is needed.

I've been toying with the idea of investing in one, but I know it would take some time to adapt to after using paddles in-game (even after 20 years of manual-only IRL too!). Let us know how you get on...

You have a T300 too right? Can you show a pic of how you mounted it to your rig? I would need to find an ergonomic way to mount it to my Playseat Challenge deckchair if I do go ahead and get one

I've had quite a number of manual cars over the years but after about 10 years of driving an automatic car I'd think my clutch action is a little rusty now. My brain's got so used to only having just the go and stop pedals that I always left foot brake now.

Although, even though I've only got paddles, I occasionally use the clutch in Pcars. Mainly at race standing starts since if you get it right it's quicker than the games auto clutch.

Last edited:
I've been toying with the idea of investing in one, but I know it would take some time to adapt to after using paddles in-game (even after 20 years of manual-only IRL too!). Let us know how you get on...

You have a T300 too right? Can you show a pic of how you mounted it to your rig? I would need to find an ergonomic way to mount it to my Playseat Challenge deckchair if I do go ahead and get one

Ooh, I think I remember seeing someone with a challenge mounted h pattern on a transducer thread, I'll have a look for it in a bit.

Screenshot_20190327_130143_com.android.chrome.png

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000S7ZGP4/?tag=gtplanetuk-20

Cheers for digging that up @rj5992. I came across that thread during research back before I bought my Playseat+T300 and quizzed Scaff on the details, but if I'd just spent three figures on a gearbox for 'that stupid wheel-chair' I'm not sure I could get away with spending another £30 mounting it :lol:
Might see how Napalm gets on with his before either A) finding a more cheaper/agricultural alternative or B) just going ahead with the Scaff option and asking the wife for forgiveness rather than permission!

By the way, I'm amazed you haven't got a driving licence – fair play to you and your self-taught heel-toeing. Your pace has got even better lately.

Cheers for digging that up @rj5992. I came across that thread during research back before I bought my Playseat+T300 and quizzed Scaff on the details, but if I'd just spent three figures on a gearbox for 'that stupid wheel-chair' I'm not sure I could get away with spending another £30 mounting it :lol:
Might see how Napalm gets on with his before either A) finding a more cheaper/agricultural alternative or B) just going ahead with the Scaff option and asking the wife for forgiveness rather than permission!

By the way, I'm amazed you haven't got a driving licence – fair play to you and your self-taught heel-toeing. Your pace has got even better lately.

Haha yeah, I understand. My setup being ultra cheap means it's practically untouchable on the nagging front only other thing I can suggest is keeping an eye out for a th8rs second hand, the fact it's an older model might keep the price down. Sick uses one if I remember.

I highly recommend a H shifter though. Really adds to the immersion in older cars.

Thank you very much! I've always been a petrol head but moved to London straight after uni so haven't had the need to do so. Plus I'm saving for a house and I know that if I learn to drive and get a car (or two) then my money will disappear very quickly on modifications! So it's kind of a saving grace at the moment.

Yes I have T300. Mounted shifter on the holder https://www.gtomegaracing.com/gear-shifter-mount-v2-for-wheel-stand . My holder is a bit different - longer arm (bought it 5 or 6 years ago).
Since I usually play once a weak, my learning process need "a bit" of time :)

IMG_20190327_221900.jpg

IMG_20190327_221931.jpg

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in giving me some tuition on race craft. Maybe an evening racing with someone...even if I’m just following them thru turns or whatever. I’m pretty sure I have the theory down but it never really translates to speed. Any help would be massively appreciated!

Also, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in racing away from the Mon/Wed schedule? Not that I’m looking to setup my own group or anything! It’s just I’d love to race at the weekend too? Maybe a Sunday afternoon or evening? It would be ad-hoc...no points or championship or anything...just in the spirit of a bit of fun and for some extra practice. I’d love to setup a little schedule of races using one of the Radicals...and maybe mirroring the SR1 Cup championship schedule or something. Please do let me know!

Napalm that sounds good! I don’t want to hijack this thread or anything....but I was thinking of something like this...

https://www.radicalsportscars.com/go-racing/challenge-championship

Maybe a series of 50 minute endurance races, with mandatory pit stops, in the Radical SR3. Bit of fun...just to get some practice in?

While I’m here...and completely unrelated...has anyone gone to any live racing this year yet? I’ve been to a rally event, the BTCC media / test day and the opening round of the BTCC. Also went to Silverstone for the first time the other weekend to watch the Britcar Endurance Championship...wasn’t a massive fan of Silverstone, got to be honest!

This weekend I’m back at Brands Hatch watching some club racing...can’t wait!

Napalm that sounds good! I don’t want to hijack this thread or anything....but I was thinking of something like this...

https://www.radicalsportscars.com/go-racing/challenge-championship

Maybe a series of 50 minute endurance races, with mandatory pit stops, in the Radical SR3. Bit of fun...just to get some practice in?

While I’m here...and completely unrelated...has anyone gone to any live racing this year yet? I’ve been to a rally event, the BTCC media / test day and the opening round of the BTCC. Also went to Silverstone for the first time the other weekend to watch the Britcar Endurance Championship...wasn’t a massive fan of Silverstone, got to be honest!

This weekend I’m back at Brands Hatch watching some club racing...can’t wait!

Are you in the SE then Shauny? I'm in Shooters Hill myself, can't get to Brands often though because I don't drive and it's a pain to get to otherwise

Yes mate I am...East Kent....I’m at Brands most weekends but I have a season ticket to all 4 wheel events at Brands, Donington, Oulton Park and Snetterton, so I try to get to as much racing as I can. Always up for meeting people at events etc. if you ever find yourself at any!

My missus’ family are in your neck of the woods...I know it well! It’s a shame you can’t get to Brands too often....this weekend there’ll be some great racing in store! I love the club level stuff...even if it doesn’t have the glamour of the Blancpain GT or the DTM etc!

Yes mate I am...East Kent....I’m at Brands most weekends but I have a season ticket to all 4 wheel events at Brands, Donington, Oulton Park and Snetterton, so I try to get to as much racing as I can. Always up for meeting people at events etc. if you ever find yourself at any!

That's a lot racing, your going to watch Shaun, BSB is always great from Brands Hatch. What didn't you like at Silverstone, don't mind it on TV.

What didn't you like at Silverstone, don't mind it on TV.

It’s a very flat circuit. Lots and lots of concrete. No real decent areas to view large parts of the circuit. At Brands and Donny you can see massive stretches of track in places and see lots of action. Especially the Indy circuit at Brands. I also felt that there was a bit of an arrogance about the place...it’s hard to describe, but it just felt a bit full of itself, with areas that mere mortals weren’t allowed in to. I’m used to being able to roam and go anywhere on race day (and being welcomed / encouraged to do so too.) At Brands I’m regularly in the garages on the main straight...as well as the paddock areas....and no one cares (as long as you are sensible!)

Also, I found the staff to be unhelpful...and not that knowledgeable. It’s like a lot of them were temp staff and didn’t know where things were. This is challenging because Silverstone is just on a different scale to the rest of the circuits in the UK (it’s massive.). The signage was also piss poor. I think I walked 7 miles that day. I missed all of free practice, quali and the first race...I couldn’t figure out where I was supposed to be and it took ages to walk anywhere. At other circuits it’s just a bit more ‘user-friendly’.

I might go back to watch the WEC....but sod spending 300quid to watch F1 there! There’s just too many decent events at other circuits IMO. 200quid gets me a season ticket to 4 circuits that have a lot of charm and character....not sure why I’d really need to spend over the odds at Silverstone for what is, in my opinion, an inferior product.

That said, Silverstone is steeped in tradition and you can’t take that away from it. There was something awe inspiring about the place...seeing all those famous turns, curves and straights!

...I’d just say save your money and watch events there on the TV.

It’s just my opinion on the place. Other people may really love it! I hope I’ll go back and have a better time of it and change my opinion...we’ll see!

Actually...I should also mention Brooklands too.

For those of you that have never been to Brooklands, get yer arses down there. That is a GREAT day out if you love your vintage racing and old school F1. Has some of the old banking left of its original track...and a hill climb course that’s still in use. Plus it’s just a great museum for aircraft and engineering too. It’s a worthy cause that needs support/visitors/donations.

...plus it’s right next to Mercedes Benz world if you fancy a right good tear up afterwards haha!

It’s a very flat circuit. Lots and lots of concrete. No real decent areas to view large parts of the circuit. At Brands and Donny you can see massive stretches of track in places and see lots of action. Especially the Indy circuit at Brands. I also felt that there was a bit of an arrogance about the place...it’s hard to describe, but it just felt a bit full of itself, with areas that mere mortals weren’t allowed in to. I’m used to being able to roam and go anywhere on race day (and being welcomed / encouraged to do so too.) At Brands I’m regularly in the garages on the main straight...as well as the paddock areas....and no one cares (as long as you are sensible!)

Yeah so much easier too walk around Donington, Oulton, Croft, me, brother, change locations all time. Haven't been to Donington since MotoGp, think there are buses at Silverstone, because its that big.

Back