Monitors:

United States
United States
Getting a pc soon. Looking or advice on monitors. Looking at single screen. Best options far as size. Ultra wide or standard. Will be running iracing to start. TIA

A few questions so that people will be able to help you out:

What's your budget?
Is this display just for sim racing - will it be used in a sim-rig, or will this be sat on a desk and be used more broadly?
What will be your viewing distance to this display when you are racing?
What is the rough spec of PC you are going to use with this display?

Last edited:
A few questions so that people will be able to help you out:

What's your budget?
Is this display just for sim racing - will it be used in a sim-rig, or will this be sat on a desk and be used more broadly?
What will be your viewing distance to this display when you are racing?
What is the rough spec of PC you are going to use with this display?
Mainly used for sim racing. Used on a sim rig. Maybe 3 feet. Specs are Ryzen 7 5800 with a 3060 card.

As I start to answer your question, I scroll below and find all similar related topics, provided compliments of GT Planet (and the recent overhaul of the forums look). Perhaps it appears for you also if you scroll down, in any case you should be able to find these.
B6DA4041-317F-4E4E-964D-40B21ED8F2E4.jpeg
Perhaps you have already perused these topics. Let’s continue.
First thing that comes to my mind is cost. If you’re willing to spend $900-$1000 then you can get something fabulous. If you’re not willing to spend that much then cancel your PC order and stop reading! JK. Actually Gigabyte has a curved 34” $450 21:9 144 Hz 1440p monitor. Oh my it’s come down $30
E7CD6234-1626-4D81-8046-C101257ACD76.jpeg
I bought it for my 14 year old. For gaming, it’s great. I can’t attest how it works for sim racing (but I suspect it’s too small for good FoV).
For myself (sim racing, console only, GT Sport primarily), I just bought this $900 Hisense 55 U8G inch 4k 120 Hz TV. With this TV, I am prepped for PS5 120 Hz 4k as well as the future gaming PC. 4K At 60 Hz requires RTX 3080 Ti or 3090 (especially considering future plans of Pimax VR). OK, you didn’t ask for TV recommendations, however, I have used several different screen sizes and believe it’s worth mentioning. I was blown away with Boosted Media’s triple 65 inch 4K TVs but for a reason you may not expect; from the stand point that the FoV would be unattainable. 65” looks too big to me but it opened my mind to go from a 49” TV to a 55”.
If you’re hell bent on monitors, and have a cool grand, get the Samsung 32:9 (super ultra wide). Don’t cheap out on the 1080p, get the 1440p. (I still think FoV would be a concern).

Back