Monthly 200 km Gr.3 race - Back soon!

The HTRG broadcast is up!

It will be good watching this tomorrow. Spent all day practicing for the F.I.A. race and the end of this one would have overlapped the first few start times since I hadn't qualified or practiced prior to today. Next time I'll try to make it.

I have removed 4 names from the entry list today as they have been inactive. More names will probably go, so some of the reserves will move up the list. Decided to give @WaikeCU the spot as he was the first of the participating reserves

You should give my spot to someone because I'm not competitive in Gr.3
Your races are the only time I'm ever in a Gr.3 car.
I just don't have the time to practice for other events anymore. I barely have time to practice for my own events

I had to race yesterday while watching kiddos and that turned out like I thought it would..lol

So I think my spot should to be given to someone who can be competitive with you guys.

It was an amazing race, I really enjoyed it!

Bit disappointed I made a couple silly errors but happy to make it back to second once I found some flow. Should of practiced some more really but all good! Great setup @WhiteFlight1.

@Jomas really did destroy us all, no chance had an insane pace.

Really clean driving throughout from everyone and had some good battles fighting my way back through, @WaikeCU kept me honest for the whole of the last stint. We were so even really kept the pressure on!

First of all thanks teammate @WhiteFlight1 for hosting these monthly races! Proud to be able to join this monthly race.

Dragon Trail is a track where lots of drama can happen and it happened!

Starting in 4th I had a great start getting cleanly through turn 1 watching @DrifterJoe and @Venster taking each other off, my mouth dropped, because I was up into 2nd place. My mouth dropped even more when I was leading halfway the 2nd lap as @Jomas went off, but I didn't even bother defending as he had/has so much pace, I would only ruin my own race keeping him behind me. Jomas, you are just an alien on pace! Incredible! :bowdown:

I almost shat my pants when I hit the brakes later than @DrifterJoe and had to take avoiding action and divebomb on the inside going into turn 1.

Yes, the infamous deadly chicane. It caught alot of us out, me including. It caused cars behind me to pile into me since I was slow in the middle of the track. So sorry for that guys.

Had a fun battle with the other TicTac Porsche of @WhiteFlight1. Overall a great result for us team Sugar Rush Performance!

I thought @Venster would have been uncatchable by the last pitstop. I thought you had the upper hand by going 1 lap earlier than me on fresh rubber in your last pitstop. When I rejoined the track after my last pitstop (1 lap later than you) I was amazed that I was closer to you than I thought. I applied pressure by slowly reeling you in, before you reacted and picked up the pace as well. We really matched each other on pace and I was just keep pushing it till the last lap so you wouldn't had time to cruise in the latter stages, hoping you would crack and make a mistake! You were ice cold, faultless last stint! Kudos for the great comeback after a lot setback from your end and a strong finish mate! 👍

Hope you guys had a good race Saturday. I should be able to run more consistently going forward. Space to set up my rig was a little tight lately but all cleared up now. Maybe I'll get ballsy and go with a slower car since I'm already off the pace anyways :lol:

Thanks again mr white. Was a good race and turnout. I'm sure on a few occasions my wife was ringing me on purpose when i was goin through the death chicane :lol:.

I'm glad i was able to stay to the end to keep the numbers up. But sorry for fast exit as had to dash.

Last edited:
That was really a cool race! I wasn't prepared to go off track on lap 2, but thankfully I didn't spin in the sand and tried to not block anyone when coming back on track. Switching from the Ferrari GT3 on Mediums to this one was a bit weird on the first laps, it drives so differently, at least I've managed to not take the chicane and made a 1'35.9xx lap which was one of my goals :D

That was really a cool race! I wasn't prepared to go off track on lap 2, but thankfully I didn't spin in the sand and tried to not block anyone when coming back on track. Switching from the Ferrari GT3 on Mediums to this one was a bit weird on the first laps, it drives so differently, at least I've managed to not take the chicane and made a 1'35.9xx lap which was one of my goals :D

1.35's is truly amazing, it's fascinating how it's possible :D We should only run at long tracks so I won't be lapped lol:lol:

Yeah insane lap time, managed a 1.36.7 but not very often in the 36s. You had such a fast consistent pace!

I feel like the skill gap between me and you guys keeps growing :lol: it's already like I'm driving a gr.4 car as it is. Next we're gonna get TRL_Lightening in here and I might as well give up :lol::lol:

I was really happy with my 37.1 lol. The way I see it, @Jomas is an alien, and @Venster is some kind of hybrid speices.

:lol: Not sure about the hybrid species! @Jomas is definitely all alien.

Personally I felt off the pace, DT is very much one of my favourite tracks but mainly kept missing T1, too scared through the chicane and couldn’t find a comfortable gear/line through the last corner.

Had a terrible race the next day in a different event, Still feel demotivated from it now!

@Venster Yeah I actually think the last corner is the most tricky corner for me to get right, weird turn that one

It is a difficult corner actually!

I’m just getting frustrated at the moment can’t run consistently. Maybe over driving trying to be faster than I am rather than a comfortable smooth pace not sure :confused:, trying to take a few days off from it to try and re-focus.

@WhiteFlight1

Can I withdraw my entry for this series? It's a shame to do so, as this kind of thing would be right up my street. But, with trying sort out a conversion/extension to the house, and a couple of other niggly little commitments, I can't guarantee I'll make a race for the next couple of months, at the very least. I don't really want to be taking up an entry spot that would be better utilised by somebody else.

Back