Monthly TT challenge: PS4/XB1/ PC: Mazda 787b @ Highlands

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 226 comments
I'll try to get somewhat close to that this week and let you know :P
I can post my tune if you like. Two things I found most important. One is, you can't get out of shape in the slow speed corners. If you run wide or spin up the back tires on exit it costs you an extraordinary amount of time. Try to be tight to the apex and feed in the power on exit. Two is the gearbox. You can get an idea of the gear ratios from where I shift. Third should top out at the end of the front straight.

I'll have a look at my gear ratios, i already realized that you have to find that apex (as it understeers quite a lot), and be gentle on the throttle with this beast exiting in 2nd or you'll be doing pirouettes. Now it's only the execution of all these good intentions that i need to get under control still :D

I'll have a look at my gear ratios, i already realized that you have to find that apex (as it understeers quite a lot), and be gentle on the throttle with this beast exiting in 2nd or you'll be doing pirouettes. Now it's only the execution of all these good intentions that i need to get under control still :D
It took longer to get a handle on this car than any other I can remember. I'm sure I've put in a good 60 completed laps and probably another 30 fails:ouch::(:( so far. I discovered some tuning the other day when driving Moby Dick that might help, but have yet to put it on the car. I'll have another go at it and see what happens.

I managed to find time to get a few laps in today.👍 30 mins and no clean laps later, I turned it off. 👎 Great fun tho..... and its only a matter of time before I get the hang of this beast! :lol:

Best of luck everyone! :cheers:

Finally able to post something decent after spending some time with the setup:

dNVJe5a.jpg

Not only that, he improved his time by 36 and a half seconds:eek:
I must have spun it without invalidating that lap! And there was me thinking that my first session on this TT was a total failure!:dopey:
Just discovered this thread! :dunce:
Put me down for some of this action. So I'll both make the participant list longer AND make others look good. How's that for a contribution! :D
Welcome aboard! 👍

Man this was challenging. I had a 45 min session last night and could not get under 1:23.078. The most difficult thing is how to time that turbo kick-in out of the corners. Think I'll follow Aris's tip and put an egg under my foot. It doesn't help that I'm not very familiar with the track layout (excuses, excuses). Will have to put some more time in. Also, I'll test @Johnnypenso's setup and mess with the gear ratios and see if that helps. I'm using 80 % boost. I don't really have any problems keeping the car on the road – but to drive it on the edge, that's another matter entirely.

The Porsche 917-30 is so vicious. I was doing laps with it around Spa 1966 Layout and I could get it up to 225... It could probably give a little more if I played with the aero/setup and gotta better corner exit speed to start with on the long straights. I keep forgetting to give this combo a try. :mad:

Triple whammy. Forgot to save the replay and the tune and forgot to turn on RSR Live Timing:ouch:. I did manage to get a screenshot on the way out. Not sure there's much more in it for me. I tried Harry's tune and then modified a couple of things for me, mainly the gear ratios to avoid the short shift into 4th on the front straight.

CxhpCD52uJLjjTG8cyaKSjtYi_1y-OGk-9VrEF0oCv3XySv3qfCcZbsf8XEfzQTY9NANPEWtdBuzb279CkdzA8cgWJOUar0Lu5vJTmxLMIEHOG3LUKs2cXdG2lOFIaLvcJQXCCoInHlNjz_5sXj2tnk7rKIZIbvqvsnuLR_Wn09hZ8VUSAq3Ii6CocRysFPkZW_jnHlz5mNoLYcXJdXM-1UYsm4ypHasPYrA6XhCebKoUiC8bWVWxelAe-J__waCgTKohYXkuumvWAuqamc7dCm0Ln6Hrmmjttc5KV55iwYEZVuhE3fxUm6V4UDzi_I6y5MN6h6hgCF4BSV_hXFuo4qpcHmFdJ3KNs06ZOQ4p0DIbdHBgTJY5tYHy13jfi9DdqeZvz5ZhGASI074GdJQ40dI0NwbtM3xg4WTffz9Sm2vyzrTGjbtpa6NFN2e8ekHJz9UiWAJwtdfIyjnnii3g-BvtJyY-LKpN7BN54uACNQpxijdSAGFJl2x5rjJ1uFw9rwSn-r_wuMTRaZGkwzKAIH5ko6flzhYFYAxCcpNtcKYaerAOysJqeHxAvunYTNCoKWf6YeHx8Q_TIlJgbxtjj0bP3RA5hrSm3Lj868F6yXjB0bK=w1664-h936-no

Picked up AC after a few months away, after a few runs of various things, bought the Porsche season pass and jumped in to a 1200hp Can-Am monster!

Not driven this layout before, think I'm not being anything like aggressive enough in the final corner and struggling to pick out the apex on the two fast left flicks, hopefully break in to the 20s before end of the month!

917%20madness_zpsy4x2rjs9.jpg

Not driven this layout before, think I'm not being anything like aggressive enough in the final corner and struggling to pick out the apex on the two fast left flicks, hopefully break in to the 20s before end of the month!
I'll extend the challenge for another month, as console users didn't get a chance to try this combo so far (didn't know it was going to take so long for them to get PP1).

After many, many, many laps and using the tune provided by @Harry6784 I got down to a 1:17:304. I did make some changes. I set the aero to 8 and changed the final gear ratio to 30/8 and running 80% boost. Still a lot of time in the car.

EDIT:::

OK, after many more restarts I got into the 16s. I took the rear aero down to 7 and set the rear camber to -0.8. Even less camber might be better.

better.png

1:16.837 sloppy first section and I drifted the last turn, I would bet a very low 16 or even a 15 might be doable with a better driver and setup.

Attachments

• good.png
    good.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I'm 99% sure this car will make me insane.

121.4%20917_zpsdvoveecc.png

There should be more there for me, been tweaking the setup, think I've improved turn-in, but made the rear a little loose, so need to go tweaking a bit.

Still finding it hard to pick out the apex on the fast lefts and there's a lot of time left just from that.

I thought the console folk would have been all over this during December. Car must scare them a bit i guess? 💡

Back