Montmelo Circuit de Catalunya confirmed in next update

Meh, pretty poor track, I've never seen a good let alone great race there in all my years on the planet. The track is pretty bland, Campsa is a good corner but the rest just feels like Oschersleben re-arranged. In other games is about as satisfying as St.Croix to drive. I do wish games would be more original with track selection, its always Catalunya or Silverstone, or some other Tilkedrome, some of the national tracks are way better than the boring grade 1 stuff because they have this faux popularity. I guess being a popular testing venue and well attended due Alonso, Marquez, must mean the fans love the track layout is how games companies must read that. I get the impression game devs think, if its in F1 it must be popular. I would love to see GT or Forza take a punt on lesser known track (outside of their homeland) like Thuruxton, Croft, Knockhill (both in ToCA 1/2), Barbagallo, Pukakoe (ToCA 3), Barber Motorsportspark, Enna-Purgusa (GTR2/Shift 2), Mosport, VIR(FM6/7), Sachsenring, Potrero De Los Funes (Ride 2), etc. Those national tracks stir the soul more and are way better for road cars, because even GT4/TCR feel lost on these 3 mile, 40-50ft wide GP circuits.

I'm just happy that we're even getting another track at all, let alone one that's making its debut in this series.

I feel like a lot of people here are just ungrateful because of the fact that the new track isn't Spa (which I swear is this game's Fujimi Kaido in that nobody will shut up about hoping for its inclusion) or the Holy Trinity.

So Asian Final = Fuji

Euro Final = Catalunya

Americas Final = ?

Does Fuji have any kind of FIA certification? If so I'd guess we will get Circuit of the Americas for the US final (much as I would love Laguna Seca, we didn't get Spa this time so probably not going to happen). Maybe Indianapolis with the GT history?
Laguna Seca or Daytona International Speedway.

Last edited:

Dp8bSZoWwAE4RD5.jpg

Looks like Maserati Gran turismo S will also be in this update :).

Last edited:
Here's a tweet from @GTPNewsWire about the Media Race:

@Famine and I finished fourth and third, respectively. I'm not a fan of the X2014 and struggled quite a bit, but at least I got on the podium. @Famine was a bit faster than me and was putting on the pressure throughout the last lap, but he didn't dare hit the boss. :D

I'm not sure who the winner was or what publication he was with, but it was a Spanish site. There was a very cool trophy up for grabs though... I wanted it.

The track looks great!

Meh, pretty poor track, I've never seen a good let alone great race there in all my years on the planet.
Man, much like the Hungaroring, Barcelona gets such an unfair bad rap based on F1 viewing. It struggles with having good F1 races because F1 cars are extremely fast and extremely downforce-dependent and therefore sensitive - something that is exacerbated in a fast track like Barcelona with long, fast corners. The other issue with F1 cars is that the first corner is not acute angled, meaning the long front straight ends in what ends up being a very short braking zone - *for an F1 car*.

These are issues mostly specific to F1 cars, and really only in real life(no sims accurately portray dirty air problems in cornering). For sim racing? This track is amazing and is super underrated. I'm not a giant fan of the final chicane section, but I do appreciate that it gives some added technical complexity and balance. The rest of the track is brilliant, though. It's both fun to drive and great for close, competitive racing.

I think that Catalunya isn't the worst choice PD could have made, and F1 does like it enough to make it their test track, it has a bit of everything.

But listen to driver interviews, and you rarely ever hear the drivers say how much they look forward to racing there. Spa, yes. Suzuka, yes. Catalunya? Not so much!

But I also agree, from racing the track in sports cars in other games, that it's quite a fun track when you aren't faced with F1's downforce issues when trailing. Plenty of passing going on in TC and street car classes. Handle the off camber corners better than the guy in front, tons of passing chances! And any track with elevation changes adds braking issues and challenge compared to the flat ones.

But it's time PD made track decisions without regard to the FIA races. kudosprime numbers puts the percentage of people participating pretty low. It's not wise for PD to ignore their base players needs to prioritize tracks for the few.

The Asia/Oceania Final had Gr.1at Fuji, and the EMEA Final had the X2014 at Catalunya. Both new track reveals have used high speed cars at FIA Grade 1 circuits.

I'm predicting the Americas Final will use the F1500 as the high speed car.

There aren't a lot of FIA Grade 1 circuits in the Americas:
COTA - Seems the most likely unless a Grade 2 circuit like Laguna Seca is used.
Indy - The road course was significantly changed from the GT6 version, and I'd rather have Daytona for a roval.
Montreal - Canada deserves some love, but I'd rather have Mosport.
Hermanos Rodriguez - This would be an interesting addition, but seems unlikely.
Interlagos - Already in the game.

I wouldn't rule out a Grade 2 circuit since most IMSA and IndyCar races occur on those. Grade 1 is really limited to international motorsports like F1 and WEC (La Sarthe is Grade 2).

Laguna Seca needs to come back since it was the first real world track to be included in the series, and I'd like Daytona to return because of the significance of the 24 Hours of Daytona.

Watkins Glen, Road America, and VIR would be at the top of my list for totally new additions, but I'll be happy with more free content no matter what it is.

Asia/Oceania
Suzuka
Fuji
Tsukuba
Bathurst

EMEA
Brands Hatch
La Sarthe
Catalunya
Nurburgring
Red Bull Ring
Monza

Americas
Willow Springs
Interlagos
???

The Asia/Oceania Final had Gr.1at Fuji, and the EMEA Final had the X2014 at Catalunya. Both new track reveals have used high speed cars at FIA Grade 1 circuits.

Fuji was revealed at the World Tour event in N300 cars. Stop trying to force patterns that don't exist.

There might be a new track at the next finals, there might not. But there isn't actually a specific pattern to follow.

Back