Montmelo Circuit de Catalunya confirmed in next update

With a Spanish track...

...should come a Spanish brand
latest

Ibiza cup!
Since we're talking about Spanish cars, why not adding this one instead?

images.jpeg

Even though it is a nice track, it is one of those that I m extremely tired of because they are in every last goddamn realistic racing game of the last 5 years. Suzuka, Silverstone, Nürburgring, Hockenheim, Red Bull Ring, Spa are all among those. I would wish for a real life track that hasn't been in any game for a while now and that is more interesting to drive. Or if you have to pick a F1-level track, why not take something a bit more obscure like Melbourne, Yas Marina, Montreal, Paul Ricard etc. Throwing tracks in the mix that I have already circled hundreds, if not thousands of times in other games is honestly not going to wake my excitement for GTS again.

f3RSyIo.jpg

I have never enjoyed the Barcelona track that much. It lacks feel good moments thanks to nearly every turn being sharp and technical, and the few corners that aren't are placed on uphill slopes and punishing cambers, making most cars feel heavier than they are. That said, the layout used for motorcycle racing isn't too bad compared to the GP layout, so I hope both are included.

One of my favorite circuits in racing games! This is great. I remember having drove it countless times in Forza Motorsport 3 and 4.

To me the most surprising thing about this reveal is not the track itself but how many people who have never heard of it and had to Google it or look for videos. Am I assuming falsely that most GT players are also into real life racing? This track over the years has hosted:

Formula 1 (and all its support races)
Moto GP
GT series (Blancpain, International GT, etc...)
WTCC / WTCR
Ferrari Challenge
Le Mans Series
World Rallycross

Not trying to get on anyone's case. I'm just surprised how many had never heard of this track, one of the most well-known in motorsports and present in many games.

Also the fact that it's in the other popular racing Sims as well, so seems they are just GT players

So, each regional so far is bringing us a local car and track. I think we can safely assume the American finals will bring a new track as well. Guessing it will be either Laguna Seca, Daytona road or COTA.

On PC2, I'm doing a 10 lap TCR race at Catalunya. Today's date, 5pm real time, pit stop with medium clouds to light cloud transition. Love this track. The way the sun is setting, the bumps, the close racing. The long radius corners, the quick esses, high speed uphill and front straight, off camber corners, elevation change. Flows nicely. Should do well in Sport Mode.

Hard to reference another track for comparison. I wouldn't call Maggiore or Dragon Trail as a similar feel. It's a unique track on the list.

So, each regional so far is bringing us a local car and track. I think we can safely assume the American finals will bring a new track as well. Guessing it will be either Laguna Seca, Daytona road or COTA.

Fuji was shown at the World Tour event, not at Asia/Oceania regional.

And no 'local' car has been show yet at the EMEA event. There is currently no pattern.

So Asian Final = Fuji

Euro Final = Catalunya

Americas Final = ?

Does Fuji have any kind of FIA certification? If so I'd guess we will get Circuit of the Americas for the US final (much as I would love Laguna Seca, we didn't get Spa this time so probably not going to happen). Maybe Indianapolis with the GT history?
Maybe Laguna ;)

Well, guess that's another month of waiting for all the the SPA fans. I was expecting one of the iconic "Holy Trinity" classic tracks in this anniversary update.

I don't know much about this Catalonya track, so no comment here. Maybe we'll see some new car additions to the franchise as well?

God I hope not. That one has zero personality. It may as well be on the moon.
In GT4, for 2 hours 45 minutes, using an Infineon R8, I felt it was a good experience. Add 14 more cars, change the time of day and it'd come alive in GT Sport.
It's a real nice track in PC2 and Forza.

In GT4, for 2 hours 45 minutes, using an Infineon R8, I felt it was a good experience. Add 14 more cars, change the time of day and it'd come alive in GT Sport.
It's a real nice track in PC2 and Forza.

One of my favourite tracks.

Back