Monza track limit exploit, saving 5+ seconds per lap

• Thread starter Rangeraus
  • 78 comments
Australia
Australia
The current fastest time here for the group 4 daily race at Monza is 1:50.xx. the other top 10 times are not much slower. Not surprisingly when viewing the replay, the first TWO chicanes are being cut with no or negligible penalties. Needs a fix as I believe there's an FIA nations race there this week.

Edit: Ascari chicane is also being cut.

Last edited:
Yes it was known about almost as soon as Monza was added to the game. It's a shame that people have to exploit it really but not surprising.

It's like they acctively encourage people to cheat yet then suspend their accounts for doing so! I cant understand PDs logic on this, why arent they doing quick emergency patches to sort these problems? Makes a mockery of the whole system.
I guess this isn't cheating as a penalty is actually being incurred. Still the car should reset before the chicane... that's just basic.

It's like they acctively encourage people to cheat yet then suspend their accounts for doing so! I cant understand PDs logic on this, why arent they doing quick emergency patches to sort these problems? Makes a mockery of the whole system.

Not exactly true.They actually say that if you use bugs or glitches to gain an advantage you'll get a ban.The game may have a problem (bug) but people are not allowed to use it in order to gain an advantage.Its clear I think.

I’ll be surprised if people are gonna get banned for this.

They should as for normal people doing it then these are gonna be up the grid everything

Yes it was known about almost as soon as Monza was added to the game. It's a shame that people have to exploit it really but not surprising.

'If the fastest time was set by cutting all chicanes with no penalties, then why not?' is what I imagine the reasoning would be (most top 10 times were by E/B drivers).

To an extent it is a fair point, given the corner cutting permitted at Lago Maggiore.

The point is that the bug needs to be fixed, banning people for this case would be overkill I think.

I guess this isn't cheating as a penalty is actually being incurred. Still the car should reset before the chicane... that's just basic.

It is cheating because massive corner cutting cheaters is why this resetting stuff is in the game in the first place. Some clown just messed up and put the reset spot on the exit of the chicane, that can't have been intentional as they won't have meant for people to gain an advantage doing this and it's obvious to anyone you can gain time if cars are reset after a normally hard braking zone. :lol:

Not exactly true.They actually say that if you use bugs or glitches to gain an advantage you'll get a ban.The game may have a problem (bug) but people are not allowed to use it in order to gain an advantage.Its clear I think.
Track limits are not really a 'bug' in the same way the tyre regen, pit lane glitch or grip glitch are.

They have been set by PD themselves and are not he result of erogenous code or similar, in the same way that you get penalties for collisions, you get penalties for cutting the track and PD set the limits for both of those.

This is something that PD need to deal with and need to address quickly, and until they do I can understand why some will use the limits PD have set, I personally don't, but that's force of habit from titles that have track limits set to a much stricter level, so its perfectly possible for PD to do. As such banning people for something they have set and have the ability to redefine is absurd in my view.

Track limits are not really a 'bug' in the same way the tyre regen, pit lane glitch or grip glitch are.

They have been set by PD themselves and are not he result of erogenous code or similar, in the same way that you get penalties for collisions, you get penalties for cutting the track and PD set the limits for both of those.

This is something that PD need to deal with and need to address quickly, and until they do I can understand why some will use the limits PD have set, I personally don't, but that's force of habit from titles that have track limits set to a much stricter level, so its perfectly possible for PD to do. As such banning people for something they have set and have the ability to redefine is absurd in my view.

Oh I agree to that.
Track limits is not a bug or glitch.

That is a different issue. In these qualifying times, there is no vehicle resetting. The top time did the following:

- At the first chicane there are 3 mobile barriers on the inside of the chicane exit, he hit the middle one at about 100-150km/h, glanced off it and continued;

- Drove between the two mobile barriers at the second chicane;

- Drove straight across the dirt at the Ascari chicane.

I don't have a replay available unfortunately.

That is a different issue. In these qualifying times, there is no vehicle resetting. The top time did the following:

- Cut the first chicane, hit the middle mobile barrier at about 100-150km/h, glanced off it and continued;

- Drove between the two mobile barriers at the second chicane;

- Drove straight across the dirt at the Ascari chicane

I don't have a replay available unfortunately.

Wow.

If they are not getting reset PD might have even removed the resetting on Monza due to the exploits and in doing so have actually helped people exploit even more. As now it'll be like the reset off lobby footage that has been posted on here where you get so many penalties it wipes them clean. :lol:

They could just put a wall

Exactly, not difficult but it wasn't unpredictable that people would try to corner cut the hell out of this track and still the track was released without them. This alone will not be enough either, we need red laps for any qualifying laps that you get a penalty for, no auto track resetting, no working off penalties and no strange penalty wipe because you've gained too many penalties.

To an extent it is a fair point, given the corner cutting permitted at Lago Maggiore.

It's not even close. At Maggiore it's not corner cutting. You don't get penalties and your car doesn't respawn after the corners. This argument is ridiculous.

You can argue the track limits are generous, but no one is cutting corners at Maggiore. The track limits are simply wide.

PD just needs to give +20sec penalties like it happens on the SS (left right left). at Kyoto Yamagwia after the second sector. You get 20 if you cut the first left, then 10 on the right and 1 or 2 seconds on the second left.

Monza needs these types of time penalties and not a respawn or a barrier.

A barrier doesn't allow to get away from an accident if you're hit from behind. A respawn doesn't make sense.

It's not even close. At Maggiore it's not corner cutting. You don't get penalties and your car doesn't respawn after the corners. This argument is ridiculous.

You can argue the track limits are generous, but no one is cutting corners at Maggiore. The track limits are simply wide.

I thought you said it was legal corner cutting at Magiorre.

PD just needs to give +20sec penalties like it happens on the SS (left right left). at Kyoto Yamagwia after the second sector. You get 20 if you cut the first left, then 10 on the right and 1 or 2 seconds on the second left.

Monza needs these types of time penalties and not a respawn or a barrier.

A barrier doesn't allow to get away from an accident if you're hit from behind. A respawn doesn't make sense.

This. And penalty should never disappear, no matter how high thy are. Problem fixed for monza and we can all start clean racing there again.

It is a shame that clean players have to stay away from racing because of this bs logic on some tracks and all the cheaters. If they don't fix this stuff immediately i can go back to race in GTA. There uses every single player shortcuts to win, and im really good there as well... :D

Latest Posts

Back