Monza track limit exploit, saving 5+ seconds per lap

• Thread starter Rangeraus
  • 78 comments
It's not even close. At Maggiore it's not corner cutting. You don't get penalties and your car doesn't respawn after the corners. This argument is ridiculous.

You can argue the track limits are generous, but no one is cutting corners at Maggiore. The track limits are simply wide.

Sorry for the implication. I use the painted kerbs at LM as well and am not suggesting anything wrong with that.

The point I was trying to make is that the track limits are set by PD and being racing drivers we always try to find the fastest way around a circuit within the guidelines. In general, if the game does not penalise you or reset your car, then it is implicitly okay. It is only an issue when this does not work where it should in very obvious cases.

In this case, the fastest time was set by a driver who essentially cut 3 corners entirely, received no or negligible penalties, and his car is not reset.

The drivers who did this to qualify for the daily race should know better, But it is PD that define the track limits in the first place so they should fix this instead of punishing those players.

The resetting in this game is absurb to begin with imho. They should get rid of it altogether.

For qualy / time trial, don't apply time penalties, just invalidate the lap time if a cut is detected. In a race, make people give positions back. If there's no position gained, then it's a bit more complicated since sometimes you get pushed before a chicane or there's a huge pileup on track so a systematic 20 second penalty sounds a bit harsh. I'd rather have a "decrease your speed to 35 km/h" like penalty for chicanes, and if you didn't respect that like 50-100m after the chicane, then bring the harsh 20 seconds penalty.

I get off track, lose a position or two and on top of that I get a 2 seconds penalty and lose even more positions.

Someone cut 2 chicanes get a 2 minute penalty and it just disappears...

noice

I get off track, lose a position or two and on top of that I get a 2 seconds penalty and lose even more positions.

noice

It's more than a two minute penalty but basically yes. It seems if you get tons of penalties it sort of rolls around to zero or just completely confuses the game, in either case they are wiped out. :lol:

noice

Ahoj

Very frustrating indeed, hence I will not race on Monza. Track limits are so tight.

1:55.693 DR B/SR S - Mustang Grp 4 (Asian server) - watched the replay and it's clean
next fastest is a 1:56.548 on a Ferrari 458 DR S/SR S - clean lap, just watched the replay.
positions 3 is a 1:56.580 (DR A/SR S) and 10th is a 1:56.982 (DR A/SR S)

* 1:56.548 by the Ferrari has just been beaten by a 1:56.270 Atenza

Last edited:
Damm another exploit by the leaders.

First Maggiore and now this. Already fast guys resorting to such behaviour is very disappointing.

And Maggiore cut is allowed coz PD set it that way. Nope i say. Its totally wrong to cut corner like that. Simple.

Damm another exploit by the leaders.

First Maggiore and now this. Already fast guys resorting to such behaviour is very disappointing.

And Maggiore cut is allowed coz PD set it that way. Nope i say. Its totally wrong to cut corner like that. Simple.

The Maggiore leaderboards were never reset, these Monza ones have been now. That speaks for itself on what is allowed and what isn't.

Yesterday on Race C (Gr.1 interlagos) the #1 on the EU leaderbord cut the last kink on the straight. He just sticked to the wall like he would do a pit entry and then cut accros the green tarmac.

Only gained him about a tenth or so i think but it looked kinda silly being so far off track on a 'straight'. Hope PD puts a penalty there as well.

Not exactly true.They actually say that if you use bugs or glitches to gain an advantage you'll get a ban.The game may have a problem (bug) but people are not allowed to use it in order to gain an advantage.Its clear I think.

That's where the issue lies with suspending accounts for cheating when using bugs or glitches.

I remain in the camp that a developer should list the glitches and exploits not allowed to be used.
If they donlt every bug and glitch should be fair game as they coded in the bug/glitch. They could have donr a proper test anf spot the bug thus fixing it or placing it on the illegal list.

If there is no defined set of rules and they suspend an account because it used a glitch it starts becoming a slippery slope, as in this thread you are asking for a punishment for tracklimits that PD has set...
So account suspension for not listed rules is nothing more then account theft...

And no don't use glitches or bugs is not a defined rule I did not program the I have no idea what is intended and what is a glitch.

It is cheating because massive corner cutting cheaters is why this resetting stuff is in the game in the first place. Some clown just messed up and put the reset spot on the exit of the chicane, that can't have been intentional as they won't have meant for people to gain an advantage doing this and it's obvious to anyone you can gain time if cars are reset after a normally hard braking zone. :lol:

Didn't someone post a gif of ai doing this?

:lol:

The track limits are intentionally set. Respawning the other side of a chicane is an error.

How do you know it was an error. It makes sense when playing against the AI. Bumping the AI off at the chicane will reset them after the chicane, making your cheating efforts worthless. Track limits are likely loose to give people options to avoid accidents without instantly incurring a penalty.
It's just good old naive PD for not realizing people will abuse every little thing they can find.

Didn't someone post a gif of ai doing this? :lol:

Yeah, it's my fault lol.
jjZ9PGZ.gif

Late braking AI cheat on the pro lounge GT League race.
It makes sense when you try to hit them off the road to gain an advantage. Yet even the AI is sneaky enough to abuse good intentions!

How about a simple 5 seconds forced slow down like in Project Cars. Not the best solution, but at least something to start with. Just a thought.
Gt4's penalty system for making contact or hitting track boundaries in special rally was so much better.

I came here to say exactly this. I wonder if those that were so vociferous that this was cheating will agree.

If their morality was as pure as shown in the other thread, you'd think they would be falling over themselves to say sorry ;)

Is this true? I’ve just been racing on monza for the last couple of hours and the quality/race was all clean.

Weirdly I was in top3 of qualifying in Europe (with quite a slow lap) so I guess they must have reset the times if this was true.

Either way it’s probably only a small minority that exploit this so I don’t see any need to get worked up about it.

Is this true? I’ve just been racing on monza for the last couple of hours and the quality/race was all clean.

Weirdly I was in top3 of qualifying in Europe (with quite a slow lap) so I guess they must have reset the times if this was true.

Either way it’s probably only a small minority that exploit this so I don’t see any need to get worked up about it.

The top times were around 1'50 when they were doing this. It would have been a big deal had PD not reset the board as the entire top ten would have soon been like that and everyone actually racing would have been doing it.

Back