More Assetto Corsa Competizione Console Gameplay Video: Direct Capture PS4 Pro

There’s much higher input latency at 30 fps. It’s fine for adventures and arcade racing, but it seriously hinders your ability to be precise with your driving. Hope this clears that :cheers:
No ones arguing that, its the overblown criticism that we're arguing against. Have you played WRC 8? The game is fast and smooth while delivering a more sim like experience. The ones being positive aren't saying its perfect or ideal. We're just stating that 30 doesn't mean its total dog $%#.

No ones arguing that, its the overblown criticism that we're arguing against. Have you played WRC 8? The game is fast and smooth while delivering a more sim like experience. The ones being positive aren't saying its perfect or ideal. We're just stating that 30 doesn't mean its total dog $%#.
I don't know, it did get compared to ps1 physics already in one of these threads. LOL

I cannot wait for Tue, this wait has made me fall in love with AC all over again. Not the prettiest, but the feel is damn good. And in certain lighting conditions, in certain cockpits, it looks really nice still.

I'm just super excited for a pure Blancpain sim.

Looks good, apart from that one stretch of tarmac with the nasty tree LOD pop in. Hopefully Kunos will tweak and optimise through patches as time goes on.

Day 1 buy still.

I’m sure the lod pops will be addressed. We had them in early access.

Perhaps the performance can be tweaked on the pro and x over the coming months?
I'm not sure they'd be allowed to as that would give the Pro users an unfair advantage to the Vanilla users, something I know Sony is against. I'm not sure if it's the same for XBox users though.

Edit: Just to clarify, I mean in regards to frame rates.

Last edited:
As some other wise people pointed out, it much more interesting to see how it performs with a controller. And the chase cam is terrible, wonder if ACC allows any changes, options to it?

I am happy for people who dont mind 30fps, but I cannot play with my wheel in that framerate. I remember trying wrc in 30 fps and then dirt in 60fps. For me it is night and day. They also dont allow comments on the youtube video, because they know what they would find there. Also dont hold your breath for some ps5 update. When the developer was asked about ps5, he looked like this is the first time he hears about it. I was really looking forward to playing it thats why I am so disappointed. No buy for me :(

They originally said, long ago that if the game was going to get ported it would be for the next gen. Zero mention of current gen. Then we get a announcement trailer out of no where.

I believe SMS also stated originally that PC3 would be next gen only.

Publishers, developers, someone doesn't want to leave money on the table. ACC will get patched for sure.

Looking a bit more promising now. Not sure yet how I'm going to feel about 30 fps - DriveClub is still one of my favourite PS4 games and I've been playing it a lot again lately, perfectly fine at 30 fps (even with a wheel on "hardcore" mode), but a 30 fps rally game a few years ago (Sebastien Loeb?) gave me a headache, but possibly because the lower framerate was more visible with all the constant turns and corrections and busier landscape, compared to a track racer.

Also I'm concerned about the base PS4 version, there was some pretty nasty LOD pop-in in this video.

But overall, I'm very likely to buy it. Possibly even on release day. There's still nothing coming close to the rather barebones and neglected Assetto Corsa on PS4 when it comes to sheer driving feel.

Leave some room for dessert.

1887AC29-EDAC-4CC7-98E8-935A6A655658.jpeg

This looks much, much better than what was shown previously. I'll be honest, I thought about canceling my pre-order when I saw the original gameplay footage, but I figured I still have a few more days and maybe we'd see some better gameplay. I'm not thrilled about 30fps, but I can deal with it, especially because everything else seems to be fantastic.

I'm not sure they'd be allowed to as that would give the Pro users an unfair advantage to the Vanilla users, something I know Sony is against. I'm not sure if it's the same for XBox users though.

Edit: Just to clarify, I mean in regards to frame rates.
Sony are only concerned with core game features being common for standard and enhanced. Not graphics.

Locking all consoles at 30fps for ACC is a developer decision.

Misano, Hungaroring, all the real tracks from the Blancpain series, the Intercontinental DLC, GT4(coming) cars, (from the video) longer replay times and "real" replay cameras. I'm happy I bought AC1 to prepare me for ACC.

If the game plays better than AC1, players that haven't tried AC1 and are coming from Forza and GTS, you'll be amazed with the AI and physics. Don't compare the graphics. Compare the gameplay.

Sony are only concerned with core game features being common for standard and enhanced. Not graphics.

Locking all consoles at 30fps for ACC is a developer decision.
FPS is not just about graphics. It would give Pro players a distinct competitive advantage in multiplayer over PS 4 standard users which is not allowed by Sony regardless of developers wishes.

"That is a big no, no," Gyrling said about giving the Pro version of a game a higher frame rate in multiplayer. "It’s part of the requirements for PS4 Pro, for multiplayer games in particular, you can not have an advantage. It has to be the same frame rate as on the standard PS4.
https://www.polygon.com/2016/9/8/12846740/playstation-pro-won-t-buy-you-much-of-an-online-advantage

If you haven't got a pc,(speaking as a pc player) buy it.

Driving physics over graphics.

It won't be gtsport, menu wise but enjoy the immersion.

Last edited:
Misano, Hungaroring, all the real tracks from the Blancpain series, the Intercontinental DLC, GT4(coming) cars, (from the video) longer replay times and "real" replay cameras. I'm happy I bought AC1 to prepare me for ACC.

If the game plays better than AC1, players that haven't tried AC1 and are coming from Forza and GTS, you'll be amazed with the AI and physics. Don't compare the graphics. Compare the gameplay.
Yeah it's so much better than Forza and GT Sport..I can never go back to those games.

FPS is not just about graphics. It would give Pro players a distinct competitive advantage in multiplayer over PS 4 standard users which is not allowed by Sony regardless of developers wishes.

https://www.polygon.com/2016/9/8/12846740/playstation-pro-won-t-buy-you-much-of-an-online-advantage
Doubt it. Bungie have confirmed that Destiny 2 will be 60fps on PS5 but have crossgen play with PS4 which is 30fps and that is a much bigger issue in fast twitch first-person shooter games.

Not happy with that video with 15 cars in it after watching 50 cars in the same game on PC. Both the devs of this and pc3 are total idiots for going with this gen over next. Gamers will be desperate for really good games to show off their new consoles and if these were really good on them then they would sell really well.

Last edited:
Doubt it. Bungie have confirmed that Destiny 2 will be 60fps on PS5 but have crossgen play with PS4 which is 30fps and that is a much bigger issue in fast twitch first-person shooter games.

Not happy with that video with 15 cars in it after watching 50 cars in the same game on PC. Both the devs of this and pc3 are total idiots for going with this gen over next. Gamers will be desperate for really good games to show off their new consoles and if these were really good on them then they would sell really well.
Doubt what? Pro and Vanilla multiplayer games had to be the same FPS in multiplayer. How do you know Destiny 2 won't run at 30 fps in multiplayer?

I had every intention of getting this game the second it becomes available. In fact, I’ve been futilely checking the PS Store every day to see if it’s populated in the “pre orders” section, everyday and every night before I go to sleep. I suspect many of us do that because we haven’t had a new racing game for years. The 1st video that many hated did not alter my plan, and I’m willing to bet that almost every single console user who said they weren’t getting it or who said they’d cancel their pre order or who said they’re waiting for reviews, will be buying this day one. We crave a new racing game, don’t we? That’s the only reason we’re here.

I have a question about FPS because I don’t understand this technical stuff like some of you.

I play and LOVE PC2 on my PS4 Pro. Do you guys know what frame rate that runs on? I have no problems with it at all but don’t know what to compare it to. How will ACC compare on frame rate?

I have a question about FPS because I don’t understand this technical stuff like some of you.

I play and LOVE PC2 on my PS4 Pro. Do you guys know what frame rate that runs on? I have no problems with it at all but don’t know what to compare it to. How will ACC compare on frame rate?
PCars 2 runs at 60fps and ACC will be half that. There's a good video that @Donnced posted in another thread that will help explain the difference frame rates can make.

This is it.

I’ve been futilely checking the PS Store every day to see if it’s populated in the “pre orders” section, everyday and every night before I go to sleep. I suspect many of us do that because we haven’t had a new racing game for years.
No use checking every day and every night at the PS store, because it is only at the PS store from the 23rd and no earlier.

PCars 2 runs at 60fps and ACC will be half that. There's a good video that @Donnced posted in another thread that will help explain the difference frame rates can make.

This is it.

Uh oh. Now I understand why some are nervous. Thank you for the video. I’m going to watch that ASAP

It makes me curious why a game that’s nearly 3 years newer than PC2 runs at half the frame rate.

t makes me curious why a game that’s nearly 3 years newer than PC2 runs at half the frame rate.

We could get into a long boring discussion about it, but it’s much easier to say physics, 5 point tire model, aerodynamic elevation simulation, the list goes on.

You are getting accurate real race data coded into a simulation.

We could get into a long boring discussion about it, but it’s much easier to say physics, 5 point tire model, aerodynamic elevation simulation, the list goes on.

You are getting accurate real race data coded into a simulation.
Are these things going to be in ACC or were they in PC2?

Great sounds but graphics looking really dated, on every level.

Even if the physics are great I like eye candy, multi-class racing is so spectacular, it looses it's appeal if it looks this plain

Back