More Assetto Corsa Competizione Console Gameplay Video: Direct Capture PS4 Pro

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by GTPNewsWire, Jun 18, 2020.

1. super_gt

super_gt

No, this is from a source I can't name, but it is 100% reliable.

2. JustMac

JustMac

See previous posts, but man is it annoying that Sony haven't confirmed PS5 compatibility with PS4 wheels...

meekrab and Jtheripper like this.
  3. FinnZevo

FinnZevo

It's alot better on the Xbox one X,steady 60 fps.

4. sithmetal71

sithmetal71

been watching the ps4 version playback again, the trees on the side of the track need to have a constant effect rather than textures popping on as you get near them, just leave the textures on? This may even help with framerate a little.

5. bleeder

bleeder

I saw a video (of PS4) today where the player set the AI to 80 (it was in French but I'm sure it was 80 skill/80 aggression) and he was pulling up behind them and passing so easily. They looked very slow at 80. Surprised me.

6. gregc

gregc

Memory might be playing tricks on me, but isn't 80 the minimum setting for AI? I'm sure someone will confirm or correct.

7. sithmetal71

sithmetal71

more gameplay, also shows menus and setups, not in english but the hot lapping gives you a good idea how this game is on console and its not that bad.

8. gregc

gregc

Just fired up the game to check - minimum AI skill is 80, aggresiveness goes from 0-100.

bleeder, ykiki and 05XR8 like this.
  9. SMITHY77

SMITHY77

Taken from a german article

Games and Multimedia / Has sim racing experienced its major breakthrough with corona?
    Assetto Corsa Competizione will be released on console June 23. We sat down at a digital round table with the developers and professional racers to chat about sim racing vs. real racing, the impact of corona and more.
    [​IMG]
    10 photos
    Overview
    Assetto Corsa is the official game of the GT World Challenge (formerly Blancpain GT Series) and as a racing simulator it is somewhere between the more accessible racing games like Gran Turismo and the hyper realistic sims like iRacing. After a successful launch on PC of this second game in the Assetto Corsa series, the game is now also available on the PS4 and XBox One. This makes the game accessible to many gamers who do not necessarily have a powerful PC.

[​IMG]

Graphic compromises
    But a launch on console also means that the game must run on 7-year-old hardware. Doesn't that make for a less realistic experience? Fortunately, the racing feel remains the same, both in physics and AI, ”said Davide Brivio of Kunos Simulazioni, the game's developer. “We just had to adjust the graphics settings and limit the maximum number of cars per race to 20. But we also made a lot of gains in areas that are not visible during gameplay while developing for console. So there will also be an update that makes the game smoother on PC. ”

Releasing a game on the PS4 and XBox One just before the launch of the PS5 and XBox Series X seems risky, but of course the general public is still there. Brivio does not yet know whether there will be a version for the next-gen consoles. “We have very talented people on our team, but we are still few. Therefore, our focus was on developing the console versions for this generation. We need to use the feedback to improve the product for PC and console, only then can we focus on next-gen systems. ” Although the PS5 and XBox Series X should support just about all games of the current generation.

Looks great.....cannot wait till Tuesday now and get this game started

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2020
    imported_rik19 likes this.
  10. bleeder

bleeder

Why do these cars not put their lights on during the rain? How is it done IRL? Lights on only at night?

11. JustMac

JustMac

He never put on endurance beams, the pc version has a switch, you have to flick them on.

12. imported_rik19

imported_rik19

Dont you hate it, games coming out on a tuesday, why not fridays then you can play at the weekend.....

TypeRDC5 and fordlaser like this.
  13. It's bizarre.

ZiltoidRacer and imported_rik19 like this.
  14. bleeder

bleeder

I mean the AI cars. They have their lights off which makes them harder to see. Just wondered how it was in real life races.

15. sithmetal71

sithmetal71

More PS4 gameplay, looks fine and i cannot wait. A lot of people have had their copy early?

16. The replay looks smooth in that stream.

Jtheripper likes this.
  17. Slapped

Slapped Premium

It would be nice if you could link to the german article - not all of us are monoglots ;)

SMITHY77 likes this.
  18. FinnZevo

FinnZevo

Looks good,still haven't seen any Xbox one X gameplay..

Do any other racing games use the Unreal Engine?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2020
  19. Pfei

Pfei Premium

Outside of a few arcade racers, I believe Gravel and the MotoGP games are the only ones, all by Milestone.

20. FinnZevo

FinnZevo

More gameplay on YouTube right now on the base PS4 ,looks good

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2020
  21. slthree

slthree

Thank you for the heads up

I'm watching this now on my big screen TV and I want to say there are other players racing with him? I'm not sure how that's possible because I didn't think the game was released.

I may be wrong but when I look at the list of players it doesn't look like made up AI names. It looks like user tags?

At around the 12:40 mark, on the lower left corner of the screen it show that one of the racers was disqualified. That was cool to see. Again, I don't know if that was a user or an AI

The driving line indicator looks exactly like PC2. I like that because I usually use those for the first half of my practice sessions on a new track.

For what it's worth, to my eyes, this doesn't look choppy in any way. It looks fine to me.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    ykiki and FinnZevo like this.
  22. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

DAKAR '18 :tup:

Pfei likes this.
  23. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

Need to see some pad gameplay before pulling the trigger. Looks promising in terms of console performance, but playability is key.

24. oneloops

oneloops

Anyone knows how to set FOV in ACC PS4 ?

It seems that "view settings" doesn't exist in PS4 version.

25. slthree

slthree

I was going to buy this the second they announced it way back when. But, this makes me even more excited.

I don't know how deep the career mode will go but I like the fact that they're testing you to see where you're going to get placed at the very beginning

26. Daz555

Daz555

Game does not allow FOV setting according to other people who have the game already. A rather startling omission for a sim game.

oneloops and Dookie789 like this.
  27. 05XR8

05XR8

Does the game replicate the exact 2019 GT World Challenge season? Weather conditions and all?

I'm watching highlights of the real races and can't wait to replicate each one.

28. slthree

slthree

Here's hoping that's something that can be added later down the road.

I enjoy tinkering with FOV

FinnZevo likes this.
  29. Bloodytears

Bloodytears

But how amazing it sounds... I want it just for that.