More Assetto Corsa Competizione Console Gameplay Video: Direct Capture PS4 Pro

For those who want a second helping...

8A6F81A2-8299-48C8-A097-222E7EDCCA73.jpeg

Anyone knows if right joystick on cockpit view makes looking around even up and down as in gran turismo sport does ?

My tv is a bit high and I would tweak the view in order to move down or up the landscape line. View settings are not in ACC at the moment as I have read.

Thanks !

Lancia, I'm not sure if I should be thanking you or raging at you for finding this video because I watched it in its entirety and then I watched it again! Lol

I probably spent 5 hours on this thing.

Outside of the issues he had when he was online, it looked fantastic. After hot lapping when he finally went into racing against the AI he said he didn't even notice the issues with frame rate because he was so locked in on the racing.

I thought to myself that perhaps he was saying that because he's a mouthpiece for the developer who makes the game but then I realized that I was watching it with my own eyes and I had no problem with it at all.

I've never seen racing videos from that particular YouTuber so I don't know what his reputation is, but he made me want this game more than I wanted it before, and I REALLY wanted it before

Thanks for posting

Lancia, I'm not sure if I should be thanking you or raging at you for finding this video because I watched it in its entirety and then I watched it again! Lol

Outside of the issues he had when he was online, it looked fantastic. After hot lapping when he finally went into racing against the AI he said he didn't even notice the issues with frame rate because he was so locked in on the racing.

I thought to myself that perhaps he was saying that because he's a mouthpiece for the developer who makes the game but then I realized that I was watching it with my own eyes and I had no problem with it at all.

I've never seen racing videos from that particular YouTuber so I don't know what his reputation is, but he made me want this game more than I wanted it before, and I REALLY wanted it before

Thanks for posting

I've seen quite a few streams from that YouTuber he is very kind on games, quite the opposite of most youtubers who rant about everything.

Good long video to check out the game, looks perfectly playable from what I can see, the pop in on the trees looks a bit off but if it's a good game I can look past that.

I'm in a base ps4 so let's see how it is when it arrives

Good long video to check out the game, looks perfectly playable from what I can see, the pop in on the trees looks a bit off but if it's a good game I can look past that.

I'm in a base ps4 so let's see how it is when it arrives

I have noticed quite a lot of tree pop-in during streams on PC as well. This could be down to the stream itself? As you say, we shall have to wait and see.

I have noticed quite a lot of tree pop-in during streams on PC as well. This could be down to the stream itself? As you say, we shall have to wait and see.
if u set foliage under "high" setting it looks like that on pc either
I don't know why they just not using lower resolution but "stable" texture in lower settings

Thanks for posting
Haha. I must admit I've been getting more excited watched these newer videos.

There is one thing that I found puzzling about his video stream. he was answering to people who are asking him about field of view and he's telling them you can't have field of view on a console because it's so processor-intensive.

Yet, there's FOV on Project Cars 2 and it's on every camera angle and it's extremely adjustable. PC2 on my PS4 is nearly 3 years old:confused:

I'm still going to get this game but I'm disappointed that it doesn't have field of view because I spend a lot of time tinkering with that. I don't have the best vision in the world.

I also really need driver swap for endurance races so I can get other things done around the house.

I really wish SMS would give us more information on Project Cars 3. I'm buying that game the second it's available but, if I had more information on it now, I might not buy ACC.

Borderlands 3 mulitplayer is 30fps on base PS4 and target 60fps on Pro.
Apologies for the late reply but I didn't get an alert for your quote.

Yes it's targeted on one of the modes for the Pro (and only hits that if you’re walking around doing nothing) but of all four consoles it plays the worst on PS 4 Pro (with the base PS 4 being best) according to Digital Foundry, so there's no advantage at all. It could very well be possible that Sony was aware of this ;)
Overall, the PS4 looks like the best combination of graphics and performance. The One X in Resolution mode is the best choice between Microsoft’s consoles, but the One S is a better option than the PS4 Pro. Saying this is a surprise is an understatement. I can't think of any other game this generation where the base consoles outshine their more powerful brethren.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinm...prise-on-the-ps4-and-xbox-one-s/#7ff053624c5b

I personally think Kunos have taken the right approach with the capped 30 fps. It's by far the best solution (imo) as no console has an advantage so we won't have the pay-to-win situation in multiplayer races.

Watching this stream has been great fun (I've been watching for about an hour and half), and I'm happy to keep my preorder.

I find that it looks quite alright in the rain as well. I guess we'll have just have to see how it plays with a controller on an Xbox One S.

Anyone knows if right joystick on cockpit view makes looking around even up and down as in gran turismo sport does ?

My tv is a bit high and I would tweak the view in order to move down or up the landscape line. View settings are not in ACC at the moment as I have read.

Thanks !
Yes it does.

That video is one I didn't see and wow that's pretty good. The guy is very sane and rational also which is rare to see :). He gets the point (and it's important) that the 150 million current gen consoles out there now have a proper and up to date sim.

i was watching ps4 and ps4 pro footage yesterday, pro footage is defitnatley smoother so thats a good thing. There was a clear difference all be it the streams may have an affect on performance.

i was watching ps4 and ps4 pro footage yesterday, pro footage is defitnatley smoother so thats a good thing. There was a clear difference all be it the streams may have an affect on performance.
Pro can stream 1080P @ 60fps in comparison to standard which is limited to 720P @ 30fps so that would make a difference.

Just arrived, installed on my PS4 pro.
sorry to say guys, this looks terrible, the framerate is very noticeable on my rig playseat/T500rs /52” screen.
I don’t think I can play it like this, it’s awful in tight slow turns like the chicanes at Monza. Original AC ran much better and smoother than this. It’s a big disappointment, not sure if I’m ever going to play it as it’s a strain on the eyes.

Thanks Leggacy. I'm a bit nervous now

Does the size of the monitor make a difference? I play on a 65 inch Samsung 4K TV

Thanks !

I also would like to know about the view, if it is adjustable...

There is one thing that I found puzzling about his video stream. he was answering to people who are asking him about field of view and he's telling them you can't have field of view on a console because it's so processor-intensive.

Yet, there's FOV on Project Cars 2 and it's on every camera angle and it's extremely adjustable. PC2 on my PS4 is nearly 3 years old:confused:

I'm still going to get this game but I'm disappointed that it doesn't have field of view because I spend a lot of time tinkering with that. I don't have the best vision in the world.

I also really need driver swap for endurance races so I can get other things done around the house.

I really wish SMS would give us more information on Project Cars 3. I'm buying that game the second it's available but, if I had more information on it now, I might not buy ACC.

I am on the same page as you, the perspective from the cockpit view seems off, and due to my setup, I want to be able to adjust it to my liking...

Just arrived, installed on my PS4 pro.
sorry to say guys, this looks terrible, the framerate is very noticeable on my rig playseat/T500rs /52” screen.
I don’t think I can play it like this, it’s awful in tight slow turns like the chicanes at Monza. Original AC ran much better and smoother than this. It’s a big disappointment, not sure if I’m ever going to play it as it’s a strain on the eyes.

Can you please go to the setting and let us know what all of our options are ?

What settings are you in to have jarred graphics ?

Does the size of the monitor make a difference? I play on a 65 inch Samsung 4K TV

The bigger the monitor, the worse it get and emphasized

Am on a 75. I don't care about beautiful graphics if the frame rate don't get dropped below what it is 30?!

I really want to buy this game, but I need to know more...

Bi

Does the size of the monitor make a difference? I play on a 65 inch Samsung 4K TV[/QUOTE
I also would like to know about the view, if it is adjustable...

I am on the same page as you, the perspective from the cockpit view seems off, and due to my setup, I want to be able to adjust it to my liking...

Can you please go to the setting and let us know what all of our options are ?

What settings are you in to have jarred graphics ?

The bigger the monitor, the worse it get and emphasized

Am on a 75. I don't care about beautiful graphics if the frame rate don't get dropped below what it is 30?!

I really want to buy this game, but I need to know more...

I’m playing in 1080, There are no adjustable graphics options in the game.

I find straight complaining, not impressed and righting it off to be a bit bogus. For a console player there has to be some very impressive aspects that would, in turn make a person sad or disappointed it wasn't smooth. But straight complaining comes accross like a person wanted it to suck.

Back