More Assetto Corsa Competizione Console Gameplay Video: Direct Capture PS4 Pro

I find straight complaining, not impressed and righting it off to be a bit bogus. For a console player there has to be some very impressive aspects that would, in turn make a person sad or disappointed it wasn't smooth. But straight complaining comes accross like a person wanted it to suck.

I agree. I will make my own mind up when I get my copy tomorrow morning. Until then the old saying, ones man rubbish is another mans treasure, springs to mind.

The latest videos I have seen look good enough to me

I find straight complaining, not impressed and righting it off to be a bit bogus. For a console player there has to be some very impressive aspects that would, in turn make a person sad or disappointed it wasn't smooth. But straight complaining comes accross like a person wanted it to suck.

Yeah you never know how the game may run on your specific console and TV/Monitor. I’m going to be on X1X so hoping it runs smooth enough. I’ve been playing a ton of AC recently so I’ll have a good comparison point and will provide honest feedback tomorrow.

Luckily MS let’s you return digital games as long as you have less than 2hrs playtime on them

I agree. I will make my own mind up when I get my copy tomorrow morning. Until then the old saying, ones man rubbish is another mans treasure, springs to mind.

The latest videos I have seen look good enough to me

Agreed, but what i have noticed is the the base ps4 version does look choppier than pro version, tbh when watching pro the game looks fine so i do not know what people are moaning about. WRC 8 on Xbox One X runs fine and looks good in 4k and there was alot of complaining about that game running at 30fps too.

Agreed, but what i have noticed is the the base ps4 version does look choppier than pro version, tbh when watching pro the game looks fine so i do not know what people are moaning about. WRC 8 on Xbox One X runs fine and looks good in 4k and there was alot of complaining about that game running at 30fps too.

Here's the reason why lot of people complain about 30fps in serious simulators or Rally games ;

And if the framerate isn't even stable or choppy... things getting worse

Do we know if this will be any good with a controller?
Don´t plan on doing the upgrade to a wheel just yet. Will probably wait for next gen.

Seems ok, there's videos on youtube of people driving around just fine on the controller. The reason I got this game before next gen is so I can play it on next gen immediately.. rather than waiting months/years for an updated specific game.

i just got my copy earlier, i play alot of AC on PS4 Pro, straight away ACC feels horrible.
Is anyone encountering lag on steering? - i cant work out if its actually laggy when turning or just visually .. if i saw at the wheel left/right/left/right quickly the wheel in the game view is opposite to what my wheel is doing, eg the wheel shows steering left on the screen when ive already turned left and then right .. so sawing at the wheel (not rally style excessive!) shows the steering to be slow

quickly loaded up AC and same thing does not happen there - i always drive with wheel in view on F1 and AC and never notice any lag between the whgeel and the wheel on screen but in ACC its noticable straght away as soon as i got in the car and started driving it stood out as a problem - has anyone else seen this? - wondering if perhaps the game is just not playing nicely with my drivehub (i run a XBox G920 on PS4) - i play AC and F1 on PS4 with DriveHub and this issue doesnt happen in those games.

Please can someone in with the game saw left/right for me and advise on lag?! :)
maybe its just 30fps causing this 'view'?

had couple quick races online but had to stop, sitting close to a juddery view gave me a headache inside 10 mins.. but if the wheel is lagging that wont be helping . i changed view to very close (no wheel) but then the FoV is too close and it doesnt feel right
(43" tv less than an arms length away by my wheel - in AC i run FoV at around 70 but FoV isnt an option i can find)
maybe i need more time to get used to it. i'll try again later, just initially i feel pretty dissapointed

--edit - any DriveHub users, i upgraded firmware to latest Beta driver (2.0.5 beta 1) has improved the steering lag; visually it still lags a fraction but thats more graphics issue i think, the steering at least works now.. :)

Last edited:
Surprised we haven't seen any xbox footage yet. Not expecting a huge difference if any at all but it would be cool to see.

Yeah havent seen any eather.

But some people defenetly had the Xbox version early also. Since there are a few people who already unlocked some of the achivements.

It's thew 23rd in NZ, Australia, Japan, etc. WHy can'yt it be available now? I'll just have to wait til 2:30pm. Oh well, guess I'll see the pages increasing through the day.

It's thew 23rd in NZ, Australia, Japan, etc. WHy can'yt it be available now? I'll just have to wait til 2:30pm. Oh well, guess I'll see the pages increasing through the day.
Yeah, that's the first thing I checked this morning.

Hopefully a day one patch will improve and smooth this game a bit and we get to see how it can really run.

Just arrived, installed on my PS4 pro.
sorry to say guys, this looks terrible, the framerate is very noticeable on my rig playseat/T500rs /52” screen.
I don’t think I can play it like this, it’s awful in tight slow turns like the chicanes at Monza. Original AC ran much better and smoother than this. It’s a big disappointment, not sure if I’m ever going to play it as it’s a strain on the eyes.
This is not good news,is your pro in boost mode?

i just got my copy earlier, i play alot of AC on PS4 Pro, straight away ACC feels horrible.
Is anyone encountering lag on steering? - i cant work out if its actually laggy when turning or just visually .. if i saw at the wheel left/right/left/right quickly the wheel in the game view is opposite to what my wheel is doing, eg the wheel shows steering left on the screen when ive already turned left and then right .. so sawing at the wheel (not rally style excessive!) shows the steering to be slow

quickly loaded up AC and same thing does not happen there - i always drive with wheel in view on F1 and AC and never notice any lag between the whgeel and the wheel on screen but in ACC its noticable straght away as soon as i got in the car and started driving it stood out as a problem - has anyone else seen this? - wondering if perhaps the game is just not playing nicely with my drivehub (i run a XBox G920 on PS4) - i play AC and F1 on PS4 with DriveHub and this issue doesnt happen in those games.

Please can someone in with the game saw left/right for me and advise on lag?! :)
maybe its just 30fps causing this 'view'?

had couple quick races online but had to stop, sitting close to a juddery view gave me a headache inside 10 mins.. but if the wheel is lagging that wont be helping . i changed view to very close (no wheel) but then the FoV is too close and it doesnt feel right
(43" tv less than an arms length away by my wheel - in AC i run FoV at around 70 but FoV isnt an option i can find)
maybe i need more time to get used to it. i'll try again later, just initially i feel pretty dissapointed

a link to report bugs on console

https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/acc-console/index.html

''Please, sir, may I have some more please?''
“More?! Why yes boy... here you go...”

50DA398E-A7FA-4A19-A9B4-1D5ED94AD081.jpeg

Wait.. did I read it correctly, the console version does not have the FOV adjustment?

That's crazy.. if it causes performance problems allow it only to go narrower? That is what most people need anyways.

If you have a 40" TV right next to your wheel you still need a pretty narrow FOV to be technically correct if that is what you are after.
I have a 49" pretty close to my wheel and i still lower it from default on all games per the calculation tools.

''Please, sir, may I have some more please?''
“More?! Why yes boy... here you go...”

View attachment 933210

You keep posting silly pictures, but so far we've got:

T300 wheels not working or crashing the game
Videos of severe stuttering and pop in at Spa
Publisher asking for bug reports soon after news of issues start appearing on forums/social media
No FOV slider
No graphics options
No UDP

The only good news is private lobbies will appear at some point.

Its not exactly looking great right now is it ?

Back