More cars from the 1980s

• Thread starter ak101
  • 5 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1980s was the greatest decade in history for groundbreaking cars. The Origins of the hot hatch revolution and experimenting with the turbocharger shattered records. Cars from motorsport and television became very popular.

I disagree with the eighties being the greatest decade for groundbreaking cars, far from it in fact, objectively the biggest quantum leaps were made even before WW2 (maybe even before WW1) and after that probably only the sixties came close in pushing the overall development to the next major stage.
The origins of the hot hatch and turbocharging are both from the seventies by the way, turbocharging was only introduced in motorsport since the eighties (due to changing the regulations) and cars becoming popular due to television was already a common occurence since the sixties.
So I think you might have let your personal frame of reference cloud your judgement in this regard.

I love the '80s and there are indeed interesting cars from that time (on the other hand there are many dull (and square) cars from the '80s as well). GT could definitely use some more.
I checked this yesterday actually and there are only 5 premium cars from the '80s, plus they're from end-'80s which I think is the least interesting part of the '80s.

I love the '80s and there are indeed interesting cars from that time (on the other hand there are many dull (and square) cars from the '80s as well). GT could definitely use some more.
I checked this yesterday actually and there are only 5 premium cars from the '80s, plus they're from end-'80s which I think is the least interesting part of the '80s.
E24 BMW 6 Series Coupe immediately comes to mind as a must have 80s In My Opinion:)

There were some nice icons & heroes from the 80 & 90s, but there's only one car named so far.lol How about getting more specific and just making a contribution to the Wishlist thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back