More Classic Gran Turismo Circuits Might Return for GT7

Happy bcs of every classic track.
But don't avoid Dragon Trail - it is new, but is already a classic one!

You're telling me that everyone b***hed about GT Sport not having any classic tracks and demanded them back, then GT7 reveals that classic tracks are coming back and now everyone's pi*sed because they want new tracks?!?!?!?

I hate the GT fanbase.

You hate the fanbase because they actually have differing opinions? They aren't just one single group-think entity?

I dont know how anyone else feels about them, but I would love to see Eiger Nordwand come back from GT5 and 6 and then Costa di Amalfi from GT4. I always loved how those tracks felt and I dont think theres a track I've spent more time on in a game than Eiger Nordwand, mostly for drifting.
Trust me they’re sorely missed. Eiger, Matterhorn and the other Swiss tracks are some of the best to race on because of the scenery alone.

Last edited:
I always wanted to see the Las Vegas Drag Strip return but as a full track. Apparently is was meant to be one in GT4 but time constraints left it just half finished so it was repackaged as a drag strip. I would love to see most of the real life city tracks return to be honest, it would really show off the new gen's hardware.

gran-turismo-4-20040930104311619.jpg

gran-turismo-4-20040930104322040.jpg

why do you live in the past? stop being nostalgic.
if all those old maps came, they would be interesting for 2 weeks...
I would rather like 10 completely new original maps.
if you want old maps, fire up old games and thats it.
Why do many racing games continually include the Nordschliefe, Brands Hatch, Spa etc? It's because people enjoy driving on those tracks. There's nothing wrong with including old tracks if they are fun to drive around and it's what people want.

A good mix of old and new is usually the ideal blend, and that way you are giving more people what they want, the tracks they enjoy of old as well as new tracks to experience for the first time (or not if they're used in other games).

Last edited:
why do you live in the past? stop being nostalgic.
if all those old maps came, they would be interesting for 2 weeks...
I would rather like 10 completely new original maps.
if you want old maps, fire up old games and thats it.
There is nothing wrong with being nostalgic but its not only about nostalgia. 1 These tracks are good to race on regardless . 2 GT's are made on PS only so what if your console cries enough one day? for god's sake i had to buy 3 PS3's and there is only so much you can buy from places like Ebay etc (some can't at all) . And last but not least what about the new generation ? On PS6 releasing at 2027 for example ? "Sorry guys you have to buy a 2006 🤬 box to experience these locations because people like ivann didn't feel very nostalgic so we didn't add them" .

Lets hope its not at the cost of getting real circuits added.
It never was since GT2 so i doubt it will now.

Spending all of Polyphony's limited resources
Citation needed.

Please PD don't waste time energy end resources on fantasy tracks! Focus on real world circuits. Sim racers want real world circuits to race on and time triel.
In another thread i said that Sim racers aren't the majority of the market let alone the GT community (i think GT Sport made that pretty clear if it wasen't already.) But thats off topic so im not going there. But even if that wasen't the case you want GT to get rid of one of its defining features and get more like PC2 Assetto Corsa? If thats the case why don't you just get these games instead? Since lets be honest they are much better at simulating .

I prefer the real tracks. Too bad Motegi has been damaged and it seems they were not able to repair it.

What do you mean? I quickly googled and read the circuit got damaged in the 2011 earth quakes but not mention that it could not be repaired.

This is Honda's home track where their museum is built. I visited a few years ago and saw the NSX road car and GT500 first for the first time in the flesh.

If Motegi circuit is damaged beyond repair I'd be so gutted, it's an amazing circuit both in the game and real life.

I always wanted to see the Las Vegas Drag Strip return but as a full track. Apparently is was meant to be one in GT4 but time constraints left it just half finished so it was repackaged as a drag strip. I would love to see most of the real life city tracks return to be honest, it would really show off the new gen's hardware.

gran-turismo-4-20040930104311619.jpg

gran-turismo-4-20040930104322040.jpg
According to GT4P, Las Vegas Drag Strip has always been that way - designed as a drag strip.

mef
What do you mean? I quickly googled and read the circuit got damaged in the 2011 earth quakes but not mention that it could not be repaired.

This is Honda's home track where their museum is built. I visited a few years ago and saw the NSX road car and GT500 first for the first time in the flesh.

If Motegi circuit is damaged beyond repair I'd be so gutted, it's an amazing circuit both in the game and real life.
Divaldo was referring to the oval course.

This article is not dated. Passages of it read like it was written in the immediate aftermath of the 2011 earthquakes.

The official webpage mentions race event cancellations due to Covid-19 but nothing about damage from those earthquakes 9 years ago.
https://www.twinring.jp/english/

When quoting or reading articles always look for a date, or outdated information can spread. I'm surprised race car engineering has undated articles on their pages, that's not great journalism.

I'll be honest, I don't think Grand Valley is coming back. It's too similar to Autopolis. Come to think of it, Apricot Hill also has many similarities to Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa.

Other classic tracks would need some modifications; High Speed Ring would need to move the pit-entry to the main straight, instead of being right where you leave the tunnel and the camera adjusts to the sunlight. Apart from that, Deep Forest is the safest best.

I'll be honest, I don't think Grand Valley is coming back. It's too similar to Autopolis. Come to think of it, Apricot Hill also has many similarities to Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa.

GVS is probably a cut-and paste-in-different-order fictional version of Watkins Glen. Very interesting similarities - climbing esses, a hairpin at the bottom of the hill, even the general layout bears a considerable resemblance. Likewise Apricot Hill (and Kyoto, yes) are both basically Suzuka cut to pieces and glued back together. Having said that, they're all very different experiences and as Apricot Hill has previously been retained alongside Suzuka, I can't see any reason why it couldn't exist with Kyoto too.

As many times as it's shown up in GT, being one of the original tracks being in six games, it has a high probability of being in the game again, tracks we've not seen since GT4 are the ones most likely not to be seen again, I'm hoping PD will surprise us with one or more from that period of time, that would be a excellent bonus.

I'm so excited,
It seems that there is finally a worthy successor for GT4.
What i want is that the lincens are even difficulty like 4 ex: the license test at Trial Mountain skyline on GT one.
It took hours before I got it in gold.
The circuits: the more the better I like it.
The classics certainly have to go in and hopefully all with changeable weather and time.
It's time for PD to release a game with everything on it from the 1st time.

mef

It's fairly common knowledge that the oval is damaged beyond repair, while the road course is still totally functional.

I like the idea to have back all the long tracks from the previous GT's plus some new ,

- Sierra (GT6)
- SSR7 (linked to SSR5) (GT5-GT6) *new*
- Pikes peak (GT2) *new detailled version*
- SSRX alternative course (GT5-GT6) *new*

IR

Back