More Classic Gran Turismo Circuits Might Return for GT7

Look at their track record for adding new tracks. They are just not capable of adding that amount of new tracks with the people that they have.

Look at Trial Mountain, they've changed it because seemingly they dont trust that they'll otherwise have enough new tracks that would accomodate Group 3 and Group 1 cars.

Unless PD restructure, I don't see that changing.
Which is why I said they they should have the money to get as many people as they need to get the work done. 8m+ users takes them to around potentially £250m and that is with games around the £30 price, and I think the game was a lot more than that when it was released. That they take so long to actually make games is scandalous. And that they were only able to release GT Sport, not the largest game with a large number of cars or tracks, initially at least, throughout the lifespan of the PS4 is pathetic.

While not directly comparable, but the closest competitor, a Forza Motorsport release every couple of years, then also a Forza Horizon every couple of years and now Forza Street. And most of those games have sold less than GT games, yet they can get these games out pretty regularly. If PD can't produce games more regularly, then they probably need to make changes, but after so long working at their own pace, I can't see them changing either sadly. :(

If they had brought out a GT game when the PS4 was released I would have got the console then, rather than waiting to get it with GT Sport. And if they had released two games during the lifespan of the PS4, what is that, 7 years and one GT game! :eek: :banghead: :rolleyes: I may have bought both games too, as I have for every other GT game for every console. I even imported the original GT from Japan, and then bought it again when it was released in the UK. The same will happen with the PS5 for me, and there will be others of a similar mindset, no GT game no console. The longer they take getting a GT game out on the next console, the longer PD and Sony will not be getting any money from me. And if PD only release one game on this next console, they will only get money off me the once.

They seem to be doing alright though, and I doubt they will lose any sleep waiting for my money. :rolleyes: :lol:

You sure you saying the old ones being better aren't merely influenced by nostalgia filter? They could be actually as total junk as the rest without it.

Very. There is no such thing as a filter here. My PS3 is still in full use. I still race on these tracks. They are better. A lot better. I would prefer real world race tracks being added, preferably ones that aren't in every other game, but the original tracks for this series had greater thought put into their design and it shows. A lot.

No, because this game was basically made BECAUSE the fanbase wanted classic content back (remember how GT SPORT tried to "burn everything down")
and now a shocking amount of people are complaining that they should focus on new content instead of bringing back old stuff.

Oh, so you don't actually realise the "fanbase" isn't one giant collective who all have the exact same opinions and desires? That the fanbase is made up of millions of people with their own opinions?

It's not shocking if you understand that.

That's what made Seattle fun though. It wasn't trying to be realistic and didn't take itself too seriously. It was, as you said, silly.

Sure, but those were different times, with pretty unrealistic slidey physics, you could throw a car round the corners. With the more realistic physics of modern games I think it would feel a lot more sterile, even with the jumps.

Last edited:
Which is why I said they they should have the money to get as many people as they need to get the work done. 8m+ users takes them to around potentially £250m and that is with games around the £30 price, and I think the game was a lot more than that when it was released. That they take so long to actually make games is scandalous. And that they were only able to release GT Sport, not the largest game with a large number of cars or tracks, initially at least, throughout the lifespan of the PS4 is pathetic.
-GT6 December 2013 (PS3)

-GTS October 2017 (PS4)

-GT7 (potentially) November 2020 (PS5)

Seems a fairly standard development cycle to me. Particularly when you factor in the huge technical differences between PS3 & PS4.

It looks like there’s a strong likelihood PD could release multiple titles on PS5. Maybe even a spin-off if GT7 is ticking along nicely with a DLC service model.

I like the direction PD is going. Sport was really good. They aimed for eSports and GT cars and real world locations. Now with a new solid foundation they bring back some beloved content from the past.

I think, we will get a bunch of classic circuits + few real world locations. They will add more race tracks down the line and that's ok.

Man, I'm really hyped to get more Information and hopefully a lot of good Information. I also think that it's highly likely GT7 will be released in the first six months of the PS5. It won't be as late as Sport this time.

-GT6 December 2013 (PS3)

-GTS October 2017 (PS4)

-GT7 (potentially) November 2020 (PS5)

Seems a fairly standard development cycle to me. Particularly when you factor in the huge technical differences between PS3 & PS4.

It looks like there’s a strong likelihood PD could release multiple titles on PS5. Maybe even a spin-off if GT7 is ticking along nicely with a DLC service model.
I think this is not a 2020 game, maybe April-June or August-October 2021 in the middle of Ratchet and Clank and Horizon Forbidden West.

I like the direction PD is going. Sport was really good. They aimed for eSports and GT cars and real world locations. Now with a new solid foundation they bring back some beloved content from the past.

I think, we will get a bunch of classic circuits + few real world locations. They will add more race tracks down the line and that's ok.

Man, I'm really hyped to get more Information and hopefully a lot of good Information. I also think that it's highly likely GT7 will be released in the first six months of the PS5. It won't be as late as Sport this time.
Is it ok for them to do this? Like they "cannot let go of the past" ever and keeps banking off nostalgia. GT Sport built a new future for GT as the console eSports, while Forza now takes the caRPG position. Making GT go back to its roots gives it identity crisis and scatters the focus potentially making everything half-baked, at the expense of the probably only-good-with-rose-tinted-glass-but-actually-bad-and-outdated-now past contents anyway.

Is it ok for them to do this? Like they "cannot let go of the past" ever and keeps banking off nostalgia. GT Sport built a new future for GT as the console eSports, while Forza now takes the caRPG position. Making GT go back to its roots gives it identity crisis and scatters the focus potentially making everything half-baked, at the expense of the probably only-good-with-rose-tinted-glass-but-actually-bad-and-outdated-now past contents anyway.
Forza Motorsport, Forza Horizon, Forza Street, different games with different target audiences. Gran Turismo (insert number here), GT Sport, different games, different target audiences. I'm not saying that all who play those games don't or can't overlap, but to think that GT Sport should be the only template for a GT game from now on would be overestimating how many users would only be happy with that format from now on imho.

The GT Sport online racing aspect will probably be a part of GT7, and if people can get their heads around that, ;) and the usual GT content being part of GT7, there would probably not be a need for a GT Sport 2, as GT7 would appease almost all types of GT player. Sorted ;) :)

Btw, I can see other people playing the game differently from me, I don't race online and have no interest in doing so. I understand that for some it has been a great boost for GT, but there are many who want a traditional GT game. That PD added some of that to GT Sport showed, to me, that there were a significant number of users that were not happy with the emphasis being mainly on the online racing aspect and little else to the game.

If you don't want the usual GT type of game, then maybe you could continue to race GT7 users online via the online part of the new game. I think they would want people to not do that though, as they would want people to buy the new game. Would be good for people who are completely happy with GT Sport. :)

I understand what you mean. Well, good question. We will see it when the final product is there. I don't see a problem to design GT7's campaign mode like a classic GT career and online being more like GT: Sport.

I'm not surprised, I had a hunch the classic GT tracks would make their way back in some form. Which ones though? Well, I know Deep Forest at least is likely planned since Kaz mentioned it a couple times in interviews. Time will tell on the other ones when new trailers are released for GT7.

I am hoping mainly for Autumn Ring, Grand Valley, Midfield, Apricot Hill, classic Rome, and Seattle. I also quite miss SSR11, Red Rock Valley, Grindelwald, and Tahiti Road.
---------------------------

if all those old maps came, they would be interesting for 2 weeks...
Except that they wouldn't be. I don't know about you, but when GT6 was the newest game; I still spent more time on the classic GT tracks like Trial Mountain and Autumn Ring than any of the newer courses added.

I would rather like 10 completely new original maps.
if you want old maps, fire up old games and thats it.
and I rather have 5 new original maps and 5 classic maps versus just playing the old games. Especially when I want to experience tracks with the new advancements made since they last appeared (Red Rock Valley especially).

jesus, you sound like you want ALL the maps in gt7...
guess what, me too. so does everyone.
but its not happening.
compromise has to be made.
so either -beating the dead horse (spend time and recourses recreating old maps over and over again, its not copy-paste obviously)
-spending time and resources making completely new original maps
Yes, compromise has to be made. By just including both old and new tracks, like what every GT game before 7 has done except for Sport.

because if you get everything back, you dont get anything new.
theres your compromise
That makes no sense at all. Yes we would and we have. As I said above, every GT game after the first one kept most of the older tracks while brining in new ones. GT4-6 threw in new real-world tracks, but still found room for new, original tracks. There's no reason to believe anything else.

now, where did I say that I want NONE maps?
Your original comment sounds like you just want everything new only and for everything old to be thrown out. Especially when you make comments like "just play it on an old console or emulator". It's ridiculous and poorly worded.

The real point for the fandom is that those people should just accept it, suck it up, that the old contents are all only "good" because of nostalgia, which would mean they're all actually bad without rose tinted glasses. They are only good at their time but present day has changed, the standards have been different now the old ones are just bad compared to the current new ones. GT Sport has lack of content by burning everything down but GT7 has to add much more that are all new, completely unrelated to the now-bad old games.
Yeah, I'm just going to disagree with this.

You sure you saying the old ones being better aren't merely influenced by nostalgia filter? They could be actually as total junk as the rest without it.
Oh, I am for sure saying that considering I have had plenty of time spent on the older tracks. I still play every previous GT for this reason, tracks like Midfield have a better flow imo than some of the modern fictional tracks on GT Sport. The only modern tracks in GT Sport that rivals the classics seem to be Dragon Trail, Kyoto, and Lake Maggiore.

Last edited:
Sure, but those were different times, with pretty unrealistic slidey physics, you could throw a car round the corners. With the more realistic physics of modern games I think it would feel a lot more sterile, even with the jumps.
Only one way to find out.

Bring back Seattle!

Eh, I'd argue that if Seattle was brought back the same, PD could do some minor changes to make it work better for their modern physics engine.

Not that it matters, I don't see GT7 reaching the same levels of realism as iRacing and I'm not even sure I would want that.

I had posted this almost a year ago. The GT layout makes it a short lap. Might not need much changing.
Not sure why they would add Central Circuit when there are other, better-known, and more interesting Japanese tracks we're still waiting for.

Not sure why they would add Central Circuit when there are other, better-known, and more interesting Japanese tracks we're still waiting for.

You mean Motegi, Okayama and Sugo? They are the only three mainstream Japanese circuits that aren't in GT Sport. Central Circuit would be a good addition as would a recreation of Sendai Hi-Land seeing as it doesn't exist anymore. If you can name more (I know there are more but they're mostly short, club tracks and the odd test track I think) please do.

They redid High Speed Ring for GT5 didn't they? Surely it's good enough to touch up and port over to GT7.

Grand Valley is the iconic BIG track from the originals, they should definitely put it in.

Midfield was redone for GT6.

Apricot Hill, Midfield, R246 and Seattle....

Thats all im asking

I wonder with R246 how it would play into being in the same game as Tokyo Expressway with R246 using a real location that can be driven in real life and Tokyo Expressway being fictional albeit based on real life roads. Not sure they'd go for both?

R246 would have to be updated because the area around the Olympic Stadium has changed with a new Olympic village being built.

Similarly if Seattle came back, it'd be different as the area from the Kingdome onwards has changed (Kingdome demolished, Safeco Field built fully as opposed to being a shell in GT3 plus CenturyLink Field meaning the roads have changed) and the double decker freeway that goes over the last and first turns has disappeared.

Last edited:
I posted Mid-Field looks like that circuit. Not that particular circuit.
Mid-Field probably wouldn't need much remodelling, is my meaning.

GT Sport built a new future for GT as the console eSports,
I really liked GT Sport to the point some consider me a Fanboy but the game droped the ball pretty hard on many things and you can't realistically expect such change of direction after 20 years to go down well . And to be honest that desicion was 🤬 why? Because full sims aren't particularly successful and if they wanted to go that way don't stop 60% there either go full way or don't go there at all. Currently the game is like "We want to be serious but we want those sales from casual players so we keep the physics somewhat arcade-ish" etc now thats what i call as you put it "Identity crisis". And lets be honest the lack of competition (i mean Project Cars clearly failed , AC came too late and for many people looked outdated and Iracing's pricing model won't work on console in a million years) so the only realistic competitor is ACC which may have its problems on current gen systems but if they make a new game for PS5/XBSX based on competizione without the content restrictions of ACC they will blow GT out of the 🤬 planet in the simulation aspect.
potentially making everything half-baked,
They kinda do that since GT1 (Lister Storm cries in the corner).

at the expense of the probably only-good-with-rose-tinted-glass-but-actually-bad-and-outdated-now past contents anyway.
Come on you can't tell me with a straight face Grand Valley is bad and we only think is good because of nostalgia . But more importantly how does a fictional track becomes outdated? Because if you want to go there the Nurburgring is the same maze since 1984 so by your criteria it must be beyond outdated.

Last edited:
I always like to think Gran Turismo has its own "seven wonders":

1 - High Speed Ring
2 - Trial Mountain Circuit (done)
3 - Grand Valley Speedway
4 - Deep Forest Raceway
5 - Autumn Ring
6 - Mid-Field Raceway
7 - Apricot Hill Raceway

Yes, I know there are more really good and nostalgic classic tracks, but these seven are definitely the most popular and beloved ones in general. Gran Turismo 7 must at least feature them all, then we can take more risky guesses such as Red Rock Valley.

Perfection!

Emotions are running high here I see. I would be glad to see as much classic tracks as possible.

All discussions about how PD should legitimize their choices and approaches seem irrelevant to me. PD delivered as great game, which it is a GAME, and they always had a quirky design philosophy that delivered always a truly unique and special combinations of cars, tracks and whatever more the thought of. And if that includes Midfield raceway with fog like the reverse track in Gt3, all the better. If not, still great.

They have my upmost trust in delivering another great installment that I will play the hell out.

Dear Kaz/PD,
the GT7 Teaser / Trailer looked great. :cool: Just the right mix of Nostalgia & new ideas.

We're hopeful that GT7 includes virtually everything from GT Sport, at launch. And we're also hoping that GT7 is ready for PS5's Launch Day. :nervous:

Of course the majority of GT Fans dream of the impossible ... a new pin sharp version of every GT track/circuit there's ever been. Which although staying faithful to the original, is more realistic for real-world Motor Racing and also playable for a larger grid. :bowdown:

More "New" Tracks, Variants of previous tracks, and some different Locations for your Worldwide Audience. 👍

We dream of Real Time Weather, or failing that, an option for Wet Races, or Mist/Fog, or even Sleet/Snow. At any circuit where these Weather Conditions could actually happen. :bowdown:

We dream of A.I. Drivers with different personalities. Ones that might make a mistake, if you put them under pressure. Others that are cool & calculating. Ones that don't stick perfectly to the Racing Line following each other in a long train. :banghead:
In short, we want ones you can't tell apart from a Human Opponent. :lol:

Of course it's great to drive the latest Supercars & Prototypes. But we also want more "real world" cars, the ones we might own & drive on a daily basis. Not just 37 different types of Skyline. Of course you're "Japan-centric", but there are loads of Iconic Cars missing from your Games from all over the World. Just as an example, from the UK, the Ford Cortina Mk.I based (Lotus Cortina 1500) from the 1960's. :)

All of this because we Love "Gran Turismo". :D:D:D

So please forgive us if we appear Rude / Impatient. :mad::grumpy::crazy::(🤬
It's just because we're real fans and GT is a part of our Lives. :D
Many Thanks :cheers:

The New York track can and should come back in it's original state.

As a native New Yorker (lived in NYC as well), my view is different. IMO, the most beautiful part of NYC is the view from New Jersey (other side of the Hudson River). The best place to include that in a track is lower Manhattan.

As a native New Yorker (lived in NYC as well), my view is different. IMO, the most beautiful part of NYC is the view from New Jersey (other side of the Hudson River). The best place to include that in a track is lower Manhattan.
Build the F1 track that never happened.

I love that. I'm looking forward to trying 'em!!

PS... Imagine if Gran Turismo 7 was legit released on PC, now THAT would be awesome... sadly they probably never will which to me is a shame due to the exclusivity with Sony.

It would be such a shame if PD were to include updated versions of GVS and Autumn Ring in GT7 because I'd never leave home again, just run endless laps around those two tracks.

Loved the last version of Autumn Ring where you could see the fallen leaves swirling around as you drove past. :cool: GVS is also another of my all time Favourites...just think, if we ALL stayed home playing GT7 Covid-19 would claim a lot fewer lives.

Dear Kaz/PD,
the GT7 Teaser / Trailer looked great. :cool: Just the right mix of Nostalgia & new ideas.

We're hopeful that GT7 includes virtually everything from GT Sport, at launch. And we're also hoping that GT7 is ready for PS5's Launch Day. :nervous:

Of course the majority of GT Fans dream of the impossible ... a new pin sharp version of every GT track/circuit there's ever been. Which although staying faithful to the original, is more realistic for real-world Motor Racing and also playable for a larger grid. :bowdown:

More "New" Tracks, Variants of previous tracks, and some different Locations for your Worldwide Audience. 👍

We dream of Real Time Weather, or failing that, an option for Wet Races, or Mist/Fog, or even Sleet/Snow. At any circuit where these Weather Conditions could actually happen. :bowdown:

We dream of A.I. Drivers with different personalities. Ones that might make a mistake, if you put them under pressure. Others that are cool & calculating. Ones that don't stick perfectly to the Racing Line following each other in a long train. :banghead:
In short, we want ones you can't tell apart from a Human Opponent. :lol:

Of course it's great to drive the latest Supercars & Prototypes. But we also want more "real world" cars, the ones we might own & drive on a daily basis. Not just 37 different types of Skyline. Of course you're "Japan-centric", but there are loads of Iconic Cars missing from your Games from all over the World. Just as an example, from the UK, the Ford Cortina Mk.I based (Lotus Cortina 1500) from the 1960's. :)

All of this because we Love "Gran Turismo". :D:D:D

So please forgive us if we appear Rude / Impatient. :mad::grumpy::crazy::(🤬
It's just because we're real fans and GT is a part of our Lives. :D
Many Thanks :cheers:
What are the new ideas implemented in that trailer? Just anything from GTS like GT Sport live?

Back