More Gr.3 & Gr.4 Cars

• Thread starter MFiregone
  • 21 comments
Canada
Canada
I'd like to see these ... Gr.3 & Gr.4 Dodge Challenger & Chevy Camaro

Gr4 Dodge Challenger.jpgGr3 Dodge Challenger.jpgGr4 Chevy Camaro.jpgGr3 Chevy Camaro.jpg

I don't care about fictional GT3 and GT4 cars created for the game. After all, these are cars that could very well be built without much scientific effort.

I'm uncomfortable with cars that exist in real life, but PD prefers to invent cars. Not sure if the reason is licensing. I find it difficult to be! Because I believe that PD must ask the automakers for permission to manufacture them.

Take the example of Jaguar. PD idealized the F-Type Gr.3. But why, if there is the Jaguar XKR-S GT3?

Another point that really bothers me is the old list of available GT3 cars. Not that they shouldn't be in the game. I love the Viper GT3, the BMW Z4 GT3, the DB9 GT1 itself (by the way, the others GT1 '10 should appear as well). I don't care about old race cars, in fact, I love it a lot! The problem is not having new '20 cars being a 2022 game. It's very frustrating you can't enjoy more modern GT3/GTE.

In fact, one of the most interesting things that PD could provide us with would be a duel of generations and models within the same Gr. 3.

- Ferrari 458 GT3 vs. Ferrari 488 GT3 vs. Ferrari 488 GT Evo

- Porsche 911 GT3 R vs. Porsche 911 GTE RSR

- BMW M6 GT3 vs. BMW M8 GTE vs. BMW M4 GT3 vs. BMW M3 GT2

- Aston Martin DB9 GT1 vs. Aston Martin Vantage GTE vs Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3

That would be fantastic! And you could still create a championship in the offline campaign and in Sport Mode only with Gr 3 cars from a specific brand.

Last edited:
I have to say, more choices in each manufacturer would be great. Maybe add a Focus Gr.4 to the Ford line up. Or maybe the Challenger and the Charger as Gr. 3+4. It would ultimately make for more interesting races and a more enjoyable field...Oh, and nerf the Atenza Gr.4

They need to stop doing this actually and create a separate touring car category for the FWD cars. They don't belong in Gr4.
I don't mind this a whole lot considering we also have AWD cars in Gr4 and nowhere you can find AWD race cars anymore, not in the era of SRO managed GT series.....

TCR cars are close to GT4 cars in pace anyway, not a big deal. Ditto with the mix and match of GTE/GT3 cars. Considering GT has licenses for Bentley, McLaren, Chevy, Aston, etc, the fact that we are stuck without GT3 Bentley, older GT3 McLaren and made up GR4 car, made up Chevrolets(all of them, GR3 or 4), and super old Aston....pretty weird decision making there...

Alpine, KTM, or even Hyundai all have suitable IRL GR4-ish cars too....

It would be nice to have some more Group 4 and Group 3 cars in GT7 but it's not that big of a deal when you have ACC.

I don't care about fictional GT3 and GT4 cars created for the game. After all, these are cars that could very well be built without much scientific effort.

I'm uncomfortable with cars that exist in real life, but PD prefers to invent cars. Not sure if the reason is licensing. I find it difficult to be! Because I believe that PD must ask the automakers for permission to manufacture them.

Take the example of Jaguar. PD idealized the F-Type Gr.3. But why, if there is the Jaguar XKR-S GT3?

Another point that really bothers me is the old list of available GT3 cars. Not that they shouldn't be in the game. I love the Viper GT3, the BMW Z4 GT3, the DB9 GT1 itself (by the way, the others GT1 '10 should appear as well). I don't care about old race cars, in fact, I love it a lot! The problem is not having new '20 cars being a 2022 game. But it's very frustrating you can't enjoy more modern GT3/GTE.

In fact, one of the most interesting things that PD could provide us with would be a duel of generations and models within the same Gr. 3.

- Ferrari 458 GT3 vs. Ferrari 488 GT3 vs. Ferrari 488 GT Evo

- Porsche 911 GT3 R vs. Porsche 911 RSR

- BMW M6 GT3 vs. BMW M8 GTE vs. BMW M3 GT3

That would be fantastic! And you could still create a championship in the offline campaign and in Sport Mode only with Gr 3 cars from a specific brand.
There was never a properly homologated XKR GT3. Both attempts by Apex Motorsport failed. The Emil Frey car was a "RACB G3" car, which is like a parallel class for custom built cars that aren't intended to be sold to customers (the primary requirement of a GT3 car is that you make at least 20 cars available for customers) but is only eligible for a limited set of SRO events. The car exists in ACC because it ran in the series ACC simulates and uh... it's a bit of a mess. Terrible traction control and ABS systems, well off the pace of the other cars.

Anyway, there's no real reason not to have all the real GT3 and GTE cars other than development time, and ability to get the data needed to model the cars. Some of them are museum pieces at this point.

Hopefully we get the updated Cayman GT4 RS Clubsport with the 9k redline, since I'll never get to drive one in real life.

Last edited:
They should have cars you can build into a Gr.4 and then use in the Gr.4 races. Like to qualify as a Gr.4 you would have to have addd all the necessary upgrades including a real widebody racing kit. That would be cool.
Like an option to do... racing modification?

Why do that when you can create multiple duplicates Gr.3, Gr.4, Gr.B, etc. to inflate the car count?

I'm desperate for more cars myself, but for the classic Touring Car and JGTC cars of the '80s and '90s. Frankly, if they're fantasy cars to skirt licensing issues, I'm fine with that. Modern, classic, just make them.

Giving us Race Mod again which would produce proper race cars of the various groups should happen too. Modding them ourselves is close, but they often need some tuning to bring them under control. Hmm... actually, so do some of the race cars we have now. Which brings me to that point: many of the tunes on these cars need to be fixed. Praiano is working his racing gloves off making tunes of all the cars. PD should hire him and a few other tune masters to make proper tune sheets for these cars.

To revive an old discussion,

I'm totally for PD making it's own GT3 inspired cars, especially seeing that the licensing is an issue for this franchise.

Besides I'm beginning to really dislike VGT Gr.3's. I think I've had enough of the hot wheels gimmick. I think the last update which included the Suzuki Gr.3 concept was the nail in the coffin for me. I like the idea of the road car, but a Gr.3 version? :yuck:It reminded me why I didn't like the Gr.3 VW, and Peugeot VGT's that were introduced in sport. Those cars take me out of the immersion and or illusion behind the Gr.3 category, the fact that it is GT3 inspired. Good thing their are custom races and all, but bruh, that A.I. just defeats the purpose of having fun.

The category is quite clever. With some vision(heh), it can give PD race car designers a whole reign on marks we would like to see converted to GT3 that probably wont ever be, all the while preserving a spot for your favourite official race cars, when ever PD work out the licensing for it...

F8 GT3 render.jpg

Made a thread not too long ago asking if an F8 GR.3 should be a thing, providing PD could not successfully get the licensing for an 488 GT3 Evo.
Thinking on it though they just might get licensing for the 488 GT3 evo next year, in 2023 when the 296 GT3 replaces the 488 GT3. -Here we go again Ferrari giving PD their hand me down race cars again- Or PD could secretly be putting their efforts into seizing licensing for the 296 GT3 instead:dopey:. Wouldn't hold my breath.

But in short, GT3> GR.3> VGT Gr.3(or even just get rid of VGT Gr.3 all together) I'd say the same could be said for Gr.4

However it's worth noting that even designing Gr.3 cars from real life road cars may require licensing from a manufacturer to some degree. As such I don't mind the idea of PD prioritising licensing for a fictional Gr.3 car over a non fictional GT3 car. Providing it makes sense for them to do so.

like for example, yes there does exist an xkrs GT3 car, but personally I'd rather see Jaguar's more modern F type in a GT3 form representing the brand. If the only way that can be realised is for PD to design one digitally, because one does not exist in real life, then I'm all for it. This was one decision I'm glad PD made, generally because they're prone to going the classic route these days.

I really want to see PD update - but not replace - their Gr.3 Jaguar F-type integrating the new face lifted 2020 version of Jaguars F- type. Same with the Mustang Gr.3 Update - but not replace - to the 2021 spec. The official mustang GT3 is coming in 2024 I believe, but the way PD handles licensing, they might as well start designing their own.
jaguar_ftype_2020.jpg2021-Ford-Mustang-Exterior.jpg
This should be done for many Gr.3's where it's applicable to continue keep this category fresh. Gr.3's honestly felt that way when GT Sport was released, modern and fresh. I believe PD can continue to breath life into these categories with such an approach.

What I did not like, using the example of NSX GT3, GT3 evo and C7.R GTLM and Callaway C7 GT3 cars. If PD are going to get the licensing from Honda or Chevrolette to design a Gr.3 or Gr.4 race car for a road car that already has an existing GT3 or GT4 example, then I would prefer PD put it's efforts into requiring the real McCoy's.

Understandably though that can fall through the roof if:
  1. The licensing terms do not agree with PD's terms.(or price lol)
  2. The licensing for the vehicles in question are currently on exclusive lease to another company(The EA Porsche move)
I'm at peace with a GR.3 or Gr.4 version of real life race car if this is the case.
The majority of the time though, I believe it is the first issue that sees the game's poor number of new real life GT3 cars in game. But I'm just speculating.

We will have to wait and see.... again.

The GT300 BR-Z is in. That's the newest, real life, Gr.3 car we have. The Genesis is a good effort, but the AWD is killing me. Wish it were RWD. Same with the Atenza. That should be FWD, but I understand why it's AWD.

There are new GT4 cars coming next season. PD having made the faux GT4 cars before real GT4 existed and/or debuted, I can't call if they will update current models. As in, bringing the AMG GT GT4 and AMG GT GT3 EVO. Though, we have the R8 EVO. Real tough to call with PD.

Back