More GT Sport 1.10 Test Drives: F40, RX-7, and Swift

I'm surprised by the lack of tyre smoke. In all GTs to date we've missed tyre smoke in the rear view mirror but now it's absent from the replay entirely?

Not good.

Tyre squeal sounds awful too.

The circuit looks fabulous though.

I'm surprised by the lack of tyre smoke. In all GTs to date we've missed tyre smoke in the rear view mirror but now it's absent from the replay entirely?

Not good.

The circuit looks fabulous though.

I too noticed the lack of smoke.
I bought both the F40 & the RX7, yet to drive the F40 but used the RX7 in the Sunday Cup FR Challenge.
This car is fun to drive, sideways at will but when watching the replay, no tire smoke ? Odd.
Hopefully they will address this soon, looks strange without it and breaks the illusion of this fabulous looking & sounding game.

Suzuki Swift is fantastic, but haven't driven it on my T150 yet.

The RX7 and F40 are a lot easier on wheel because you can feel the car telegraphing its oversteer long before the rear sticks out.

a swift? you couldnt come up with anything else? next up on the iist is a shopping cart or maybe a lawnmower. at least they may be free.

Not good.

For me a lot worse than this is when in replay cars are making a sort of hummmm sound. (notice RX-7 video)

I see tyre smoke in the replays, but it seems the replays are generated on the fly from the car position data so if you skip the replay to the start of a drift, you sometimes get smoke, sometimes not. Maybe it doesn't register the tyre temperature increasing enough if you jump straight to it. I've found that it helps to skip back a couple of time jumps, then let it play through to the drift so the data is all in sync and you get smoke. Even then, it sometimes disappears when you hit pause, but I have a race photo on my gallery of an R34 with tyre smoke. There's never a huge amount of it, but it is there.

Same is true with fireworks on the rally stage and the big kicked up stones when you run off the track at Willow. If you play it back from the skip marker just before it, they sometimes don't happen.

Edit to add...
5765188136124548616_0.jpg
5773632385964835328_0.jpg

I'm on a PS4 Pro with it set to prioritise quality over frame rate, could that affect it?

Last edited:
Drive one first and then say that.

I have in real life and in the game. Not interested. I had the unlucky experience when my corvette was in for some warranty work. had that POS for almost a week. gee thanks chevy. They are a little faster than a lawnmower, but they can beat a shopping kart (both of which are more fun). They are just real slow. Last time I checked this was supposed to be a 'racing' game. not a waiting for the paint to dry game.

F40 Had longer gearing in the US market to help it with emissions. Gran Turismo should have used the European specs of the F40, it is a completely different drive, lighter and shorter gearing. Also, it was only ever available in Red, not any other colour (yellow, black, etc)

I have in real life and in the game. Not interested. I had the unlucky experience when my corvette was in for some warranty work. had that POS for almost a week. gee thanks chevy. They are a little faster than a lawnmower, but they can beat a shopping kart (both of which are more fun). They are just real slow. Last time I checked this was supposed to be a 'racing' game. not a waiting for the paint to dry game.

You got a Swift Sport when you took your Corvette in?

It's worth pointing out that the US-market Swift has always been a vastly different vehicle to the one in GT's 5 through Sport.

Tagging @VXR to clear up any confusion too. 👍

F40 Had longer gearing in the US market to help it with emissions. Gran Turismo should have used the European specs of the F40, it is a completely different drive, lighter and shorter gearing. Also, it was only ever available in Red, not any other colour (yellow, black, etc)

Yep, only red in game too. I just repainted it Giallo Modena.

What tires were on the F40?

Whatever comes on it stock, which I'm assuming is SH.

You got a Swift Sport when you took your Corvette in?

Yes, (crazy huh?), but it was different than the one in the game as someone noted. Neither one of them was a joy though, the game or the real life version. My 1st corvette broke so many times if it was not under warranty, i would have been broke. When it got close, I sold it before it was up. My second one did not break at all and both were on many race tracks in the south west US region. One other time they gave me a ford focus. I did get a mercedes once though.

I can imagine a Swift being a letdown when it's an economy version, but the one in game and it's successor are popular with rental companies on the Nordschleife. They're relatively slow compared to almost anything else sporty, but they sure as heck can be hustled about with some gusto.

I see tyre smoke in the replays, but it seems the replays are generated on the fly from the car position data so if you skip the replay to the start of a drift, you sometimes get smoke, sometimes not. Maybe it doesn't register the tyre temperature increasing enough if you jump straight to it. I've found that it helps to skip back a couple of time jumps........

..........I'm on a PS4 Pro with it set to prioritise quality over frame rate, could that affect it?

From what you've noticed it seems it could be a buggy thing which might need sorting out.
Your hardware should bring the best results so it's doubtful it's to do with that imo.

I suppose we keep watching to see if it gets patched.

Back